collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you feel if healthy pony was 30 days long

If its only 1 task awesome
0 (0%)
30 days sounds ok to make a good habit
0 (0%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
Time is too short to feel productive
0 (0%)
Please don't change healthy pony.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 01, 2018, 12:04:57 PM

Author Topic: Heathy Pony Focus on One Goal. Check page 22  (Read 64850 times)

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony Buddy System Start Up
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2018, 07:04:44 AM »
I've been able to make some steady progress on my goals.

The weightloss has slowed, but that is inevitable as I get closer to my goal weight, I've lost 9lbs since I signed up- my goal was 10-15lbs (with a total of 22lbs to lose before my goal as of my sign up) so I'll be in that range. After recovering from my camping trip exhaustion and cold I have been back to working out 2x a week, though Im sure Id see more progress if I could work out 3x. My wife was supposed to be doing work outs with me to keep each other motivated, we even bought her an expensive home gym machine..but I can never get her to work out with me so that is counter productive to my motivation.
I got caught up on all my stiching that had any sort of timing associated with it, my monthly will put out a new pattern piece on Nov 1st so I'll make a goal to finish that before Healthy Pony closes on the 15th. My medium sized project with no timeline to finish it has gone by the wayside though. Id like to try and complete it by the Holidays just to get it off my plate, but its supposed to be *fun* so Im not forcing myself to work on it.

Since starting Duolingo on Oct 1st I have been able to practice Italian every day, it only takes about 15mins and I set the app to remind me during my typical slow time at work. Very easy goal to accomplish, and I feel great about finally learning Italian after thinking about it since I was young!
The biggest change has been that Ive been motivated to go to multiple gaming meet up groups and have found one that meets monthly and another that meets weekly that Im going to stick with! So my goal of trying out 2+ has quickly become- attending 5 so far, with a regular opportunity of 5/month. Im also going to try out a new weekly one tonight so that would give me 9 opportunities per month vs the 0-1 I was attending before. Its been great to get me out of the house at night and meeting new people.

One of the things that has helped me stay on track the most was making a daily list of small goals, as inspired by Crowning_Glory with the mini challenges. I have a list on my cellphone of all the simple tasks I *have to* finish each day, at work and home. And each morning or night before I add things that I want to or should complete that day and I check my list as I complete each item. It makes me feel motivated and accomplished to check things off- even if they are very simple little tasks I would do every day anyhow. For example at work I balance the cash drawer every day and have for years, but it still goes on my list! And I add fun tasks too, like a date night. Everything I intend to do that day, big or small goes on the list.

This whole Healthy Pony program has really helped get my butt in gear with some things I needed to get done in my life I am super grateful to this group and especially to my buddy and Crowing_Glory!!
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2018, 11:16:49 AM »
I've fallen behind on just about everything, I need to work on goals that are actually beneficial to me. Spanish is fun, just extracirricular...I've been much too busy these past few days.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline heathersmoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Send the Goddess of Smoo your unwanted keychains!
    • View Profile
    • SEND ME A KEYCHAIN!
« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2018, 12:03:52 PM »
My russian lessons have been going super well.  I'm getting rather good at translations!  As far as my travel goals go, all is ready, I just need to wait two months to roll out to Dubai and India, yay! 

:sqh: :sqs: :sqh:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 26, 2018, 02:46:39 PM »
I’m still here. I’ve had a lot of health issues in the last couple of months that I’ve had to deal with. (More info in “What’s your problem?” and my motivation to eat healthy has disappeared. :sad: I love chatting with my buddy but they have been pretty  quiet also.  I have been working on my French everyday and I can tell I’m actually learning it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2018, 04:17:40 PM »
We can't reach every goal, we can't reach ever task, but we can try. That is the best thing ever, to try!

Even if 1 positive comes out you have won.

I see 20 people a day. Out of that 20 people 90% of them will tell me no. But the 10% who tell me yes makes the job worth it.

So you may have gotten 90% no on your goals but that 10% towards your goals make it all worth is.

I do feel bad the buddies have gone quiet...it was a risk. I can't do too much or it would turn into a swap style event and to me that is limiting. I can off me as your buddy so PM me.

We have contest to work on.
. Miss/Mister Congeniality Healthy Pony. This pony is voted by the group through private message. They are a pony who cheered others on, stayed posting, and did the best at reaching their goals.

Either post your pick or PM me you pick for this prize contest. This might be a chance to spread some positive thoughts.

If you voted please post that you voted. Most votes get the win! Or we will do a drawing for a tie.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2018, 10:56:12 AM »
I PMd you my congeniality vote, as well as voted in the poll  :lol:
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2018, 06:44:13 AM »
Wow, Prince Sunbeam you've made great progress. Congrats to everyone that is maintaining their goals and keeping up with their Duolingo lessons. :) I've noticed that I seem to be able to read/understand more French than I can when I hear other people speak it but I'm really happy I've been consistently learning more.

Thanks Crowing Glory. I'm sure some real life stuff came up with my buddy but I've missed talking with them. I was hoping we could keep talking to each other after this round of Healthy Pony.

Ponyfan

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2018, 02:23:56 PM »
I know I have not been the best buddy, and yes chat each other up even after this round...it’s all about friends!!!!

I have 1 congeniality vote. Please pm your vote. And if you voted in the poll please let me know. I won’t be able to check once the poll is over.

I am going to be real with everyone. I knew this was a possibility once I started this round. Those that wanted to donate a prize might not be doing that now. I get it life happens. So prizes fall to me. That means, I am distributing prizes and shipping to all winners. I knew this could happen, and that’s ok. Just know that if you have won, and it takes a bit, I apologize. Also you may remind me.

We end out healthy pony Nov 15. All prizes will be named by Nov 10. 5 days for me to get all squared away. If you have a prize, PM me that you have a prize. Once I get all the contests done, I will send you the info to send to. Prize winners please give your sender feedback. Just a nice way to say thank you.

Our time is getting short post away. Your post just might be the lucky winner!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »
I’m so sorry to hear that some of the prizes people offered to send for Healthy Pony might not be working out. I understand real life happens sometimes and we aren’t always able to do everything that we hoped.

Was the post fun pony pics a challenge or just for fun?

I want to tell you Crowning Glory that you have always made Healthy Pony fun to participate in and even when I fail,  you and others always encourage me to try again. Seeing an encouraging post from someone can make my day. :) Also you have been very generous to me in past Healthy Pony challenges so if my name should come up for a prize I’d like it to go to someone that you think could use an extra pick me up. :)

I voted in the poll. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2018, 05:20:03 PM »
Daw pony fan, I so heart you:) you just made my night:) the pony picture was just for fun. Seeing g pictures always cheer me up:)

I totally get life happens. Just patients with me:)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2018, 03:55:43 AM »
I know I haven't posted in a while - life. Work's been a bit more busy/stressful, hubby has been sick, and my bazaar progress has slowed. Just this week left, I'm excited but also getting more nervous. I got a lot of bits picked up on the weekend, which was most of the last minute things. I know I'm ready, but I still don't feel it, and this week is so busy as well.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2018, 04:58:56 AM »
Whew, good luck Kiwi! I know you ate going to rock it out. Busy week! Meh more like exciting week. Have fun:)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2018, 08:43:38 AM »
We can do this everyone!  Even if it feels like we are shuffling slowly to our goals only wearing one houseslipper and with curlers still in our hair! LOL

My main goal for the next two days is Halloween costume for the kid... I am so close but not done yet...

Then I have to buckle down and keep finding job applications to send in.  My DH's training opportunity kind of fell through, so we are stressing about how to make extra income because we need to knock some debt down BIG TIME so the interest doesn't creep up... *sigh* 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2018, 10:28:02 AM »
Lovesbabysquirmy you never fail to make me giggle:) you are right, shuffled tiny steps reach goals too:)

Here are some contests to finish up:)

Prize 1. Shatyr for the positive buddy post challenge.

Prize 2.
Posting prize! Including your sign up, I will be writing your screen name on a numbered notebook. Then I will do a random number generator to pick out winner. The more you post, the more chances you have to win.

*only one winner unless I have someone donating a prize. Ends Nov 10. Drawing Nov 11.

Prize 3.
Miss/Mister Congeniality Healthy Pony. This pony is voted by the group through private message. They are a pony who cheered others on, stayed posting, and did the best at reaching their goals.

*just send me your choice for this winner.

Prize 4. Mini Challenge #2 list
1. CG
2. Strawberrysundance
3. Princesunbeam
4. Shatyr
5. Kiwi
6. Tailrustedtealeaf
7. Princesunbeam
8. Tailrustedtealeaf
9. Strawberrysundance
10. Heathersmoo
11. Lovesbabysquirmy
12. Kiwi
13. Tailrustedtealeaf

Drawing to be soon.

Prize 5. Voting challenge
1. Prince_Sunbeam
2. Ponyfan

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2018, 11:20:30 AM »
Well done everyone for working towards/completing your goals so far :D

I must apologize to my buddy for not messaging them last week, I've been so busy  :( Turns out I had more work than I thought, hooray for an unorganized college! Luckily I've got two weeks off, one for a half term break and the other because they still haven't sorted my work placements out. I've applied for a total of 5 jobs now and hopefully I will be accepted into one, that'll be one of my goals complete and a lot of stress removed.

So my goals for this week are;

- Complete at least two units of my PowerPoint presentation
- Finish my Halloween costume (almost there!)
- Get my hair cut
- Experiment with my fudge recipe in time for Christmas
- Begin on making Christmas candles for family

I have voted in the poll and just about to PM you Crowning_Glory13 with my vote, if Im honest I wish I could vote for everyone :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 11:26:26 AM by StrawberrySundance »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal