collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: seller communication!  (Read 522 times)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
seller communication!
« on: December 01, 2014, 07:51:03 AM »
Now, I'm sure with the holiday recently this has something to do with it but.....

I am having such a hard time getting sellers to communicate with me!! Not one, but THREE of them at three different places! I expect you will see posts from me regarding specifics if nothing changes, but has anyone else noticed this trend going on?
One is for an etsy purchase that I was really really excited about, I bought two things from two different sellers. Seller 1 shipped friday. Seller 2 is not responding to my messages. guh...
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: seller communication!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:37:23 AM »
Yes! I bought some ponies three weeks ago and I had no communication and no ponies then yesterday the seller finally tells me they shipped the ponies two days ago with an excuse that they had a family emergency. And they are not cheap ponies! So they had been holding onto my money and my ponies for three weeks!

I'm sorry but even if you have an emergency, it takes a minute or two to just pop over and type out a message to let your buyer know it's going to be shipped out as soon as possible. Sellers have an obligation to their buyers once they have the money in their possession.

I'm not trying to downgrade an emergency. I'm not only sympathetic to real life problems but am empathetic. I've been in the hospital and not able to ship out ponies. I've had my husband do it for me. And I sent a message as soon as the magnesium wore off enough that I could see my husband's laptop without the screen looking like it was melting and it burning my eyes. I had to take down my remaining auctions because I couldn't fulfill my obligation if anymore sold because of being in the hospital for a week and being so sick. But I'm not going to leave people hanging for three weeks with nothing. It's pathetic!

And I still don't know what I'm going to leave for feedback. Any ideas? Sorry to hijack your thread! It just makes me so angry!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:55:15 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Eternia

• MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:23:19 PM »
I don't know about feedback either! It's a tough situation :/ I feel like as long as the seller remains in good contact then even if it takes longer, a positive is good! But if communication is tough? neutral or 'meh' feedback I would think....3 weeks is too long!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »
Three weeks is very long.  Especially if the seller isn't communicating. 

Shipping is going to be lagging now with the holidays and the influx of so many packages, but that shouldn't mean that the seller isn't communicating. 

With so many regulations and hoops for sellers to jump through, I'm honestly surprised that people like that can still make any sort of money selling.  :/ 

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:54:22 PM »
Ugh!  How frustrating!  Communication is so important.  And so is honest feedback.  I don't know how long you've been waiting, Eternia, but Bluerose, I don't think you should feel too bad about leaving a neutral review.  Three weeks with no contact?  At all??  And no shipping?  :huh:  I would not think that was a positive experience at all.
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 05:23:17 AM »
I wish sellers would be better with communication too! its so frustrating, and if you are selling stuff and  know you're going to be delayed shipping then its only fair to let the buyer know *sigh* :(
I think for sellers who just have bad/no communication then ding some stars, if they hold on to your parcel for weeks before posting without letting you know then  I'd  prolly  say go with a neutral.  Honest feedback is really important
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Eternia

• MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »
Everyone finally got up with me! So all my packages are accounted for. Guess the holiday put everyone is a food coma XD
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal