collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does you have pets or family members named after characters?  (Read 6465 times)

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does you have pets or family members named after characters?
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2015, 02:08:15 PM »
My dog (who turned 1 yrs old last week) is called Tyrion, name after that sarcastic little s*** on Game of Thrones, bare in mind I have only watched half of season one, I have read all the book series and he's my fave character and Tyrion is also a Welsh name so living in Wales it's an ok name.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline moevelvet

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »
My dog (who turned 1 yrs old last week) is called Tyrion, name after that sarcastic little s*** on Game of Thrones, bare in mind I have only watched half of season one, I have read all the book series and he's my fave character and Tyrion is also a Welsh name so living in Wales it's an ok name.

Haha, that reminds me.  My cousin's cat is also named Tyrion.  When they got him, he was a teeny tiny kitten, so the name fit.  But he turned out to be part maine coon, so now he's enormous - almost as big as the real Tyrion.
Current profile pic from: http://kero444.deviantart.com/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Ember by Nence

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »

Haha, that reminds me.  My cousin's cat is also named Tyrion.  When they got him, he was a teeny tiny kitten, so the name fit.  But he turned out to be part maine coon, so now he's enormous - almost as big as the real Tyrion.

Our Tyrions was supposed to be a staffy bull terrier but he's a staff crossed with a lurcher so is taller and skinnier than he's supposed to be, he's also barking mad, he's loves everyone, and everything (but they don't all love him lol) but he's so cute
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2015, 03:34:27 PM »
When I was a young child, I had a cat named Boots, which might have been to do with Dora the Explorer? I also had goldfish, called Bob and Kipper, from Bob the Builder and Kipper the Dog.

Even now my pets are named after children's books and television shows! My cat is called Mog, after Mog the forgetful cat. They both look almost identical! They are very similar. Mog constantly forgets how to use the cat flap. Or at least, when someone is around to let her out. Maybe she's just lazy  :lol:

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »
My cats name is Bane, like from Batman xD My family got him around when the Dark Knight movie came out. I usually call him Baney Boo though :P

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
My cat had the honor of coming to me when I was neck-deep in my Warrior cats phase and it was fighting for the title of my main special interest along with Inuyasha. Apparently she's a Japanese clan leader, Mikostar.

Also I once had leopard geckos named Bulbasaur and Umbreon.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2015, 07:46:02 PM »
I was going to say no also but then I remembered we did have a few. A dog named Lady although I can't say for sure that she was named after Lady and the Tramp. Bambi, a dog and Thumper a rabbit. I think I considered Cosette as a name for my dog that was named Patches but that was 15 years ago so I can't be sure anymore.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2015, 08:11:56 PM »
I don't, but in the future...  If I have twin boys (i know, fat chance) or even 2 boys aged close together, there's a very high chance I'd call them Fred and George.  Even if I did relent and give them other names, Fred and George is what I'd nickname them in daily life :p

I have a bit of a penchant for boy names that make me laugh, like Bob, Barry, Elmo, Ernie...

I'd also love a big golden labrador named Romeo one day :)

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2015, 10:44:16 PM »
Bastian Balthazar Bucks is my 7 year old brown tabby cat's name, from Neverending story. We call him Balthazar or Balthy for short.
My poodle mix is Ellie Mae, like the Beverly hillbillies.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2015, 05:14:27 AM »
For a moment I completely forgot that all my fish have been named after DBZ characters, lol.
To name a few... Goku, Vegeta, Shenron, Mr. Popo, Master Roshi, Oolong, Porunga, 4-Star... The list goes on because the little suckers wouldn't stop breeding :P

Most of my rats were named after food or cute things, but I did name one after Templeton from Charlotte's Web (I loved that movie as a kid)
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »
I'm named after Lonnie Donnegan (who's a guy and who's real name is James Thomas - thanks dad!) My cat is named after my friend in the Czech Republic who is crazy about cats. Her name is spelled Lucie and it's so fitting as it's a nod to my time spent in Brno and I much prefer that spelling.
I already have names lined up for my future cats. I'd like a ginger tomcat called Diego (Ice Age) and a Persian named Lt. Mauser (Police Academy)

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »
I named most of my plants after various characters:
The gerberas are Nona F Mecklenberg (The Adventures of Pete and Pete), Boomhauer (King of the Hill) and Chester (Sifl and Olly - coincidentally this plant is completely dense with its flowering cycles, so the name is pretty appropriate!)
There's also an adorable, tiny little cactus called Puddin' Tane (Chester's evil imaginary friend) and a beautiful rosette-shaped succulent called Pajarito (as I was reading Torrilla Flat at the time)

There's also my cat, whose name is Vince, but how that came about in the first place has been lost to time. I like to pretend that she was named after Vince Noir from the Mighty Boosh, though. XD

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2015, 02:21:51 PM »
I'm one of the unoriginal folks who loved The Lion King so much that I named one of my cats Simba LOL.  And I named his brother (who, unfortunately, is no longer with me) Scar.  It might have been more fitting to name Simba Mufasa instead, but I couldn't see this kitty as a "Mufasa", to be honest, heh.

And then I named my pup, a Corgi/Chihuahua mix, Ein.  After the dog from my favorite anime, Cowboy Bebop.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
Current cats: Mark McGwire (he's orange), Ariel-named by DD when she was 5 and love Little Mermaid, Rick Grimes and Sophia from Walking Dead, Lily Blossom. 
Previously, Ozzie Smith and Tony Larussa, (I married into a Cardinals family) Scout and Pixel.   
:socks:   :frog:

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2015, 07:47:01 PM »
I have dogs named Harvey (Batman) and Elliot (Scrubs.) I used to have a dog named Brooklyn Jean (Gargoyles and X-men.) We have a cat named Xavier (X-men.) Most of my pets just get usual human names.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal