collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Mug Swap 2013~ All done!  (Read 29013 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
~Mug Swap 2013~ All done!
« on: September 20, 2013, 09:12:12 PM »

BRAG THREAD:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,343121.msg985389/topicseen.html#new

Welcome to the Mug Swap 2013!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Do you love snuggling up in your home with a cup of steaming hot joe? Perhaps the delightful cup of tea or indulging cup of hot cocoa? Great! What about the mug you use to drink your delicious drink? Does it have dolphins on it? Perhaps a favorite TV show, or movie? A neat design? In this swap, we will be shopping for a new mug (or two!) for our partners! It’ll be a secret swap, so shhhh! No telling who your partner is! This swap will not have a wishlist, but it will be important to let your partner know the things you like/dislike!

Budget:
The spending minimum for this swap is $15 plus $5 in extras. With this you should be able to get at least one mug, or possibly multiple mugs, for your partner! The extras should be things your partner has expressed interest in. Great extras for this swap could include packets of hot cocoa, tea bags, and coffee! The cost of shipping IS NOT included in the swap budget. Please plan on properly packaging your mug(s). We do not want any broken items.

There will be a maximum of 15 swap participants for this swap! Sign ups will go until September 30th, or until we reach 15 participants. Whichever happens first!

Rules and Regulations:

-Per arena rules you must be at least 16 years old
-You must be an active member for at least 6 months (joined by April 2013)
-You must have at least 300 posts
-You must have at least 5 feedbacks from trade/swaps on the Arena (A 100% eBay feedback may count as one if you are short)
-No negative feedback

-You must be willing to ship internationally

Other requirements:

-This is a random swap, so please do not contact your partner! Do not post who your partner is. If you have any questions you need to ask your partner specifically, please PM me and I will ask for you.
-Please post a minimum of two times per week in the swap discussion thread. It is very disheartening when someone’s partner hardly ever posts in the discussions.
-You MAY NOT drop out once your application has been approved. Anyone who fails to send a box to their partner will be marked as a flaker and appropriate feedback will be left.
-All gifts should be wrapped, and teasers are to be posted before shipping. It makes it more fun when everyone posts a teaser!
-Please ensure that your mug(s) are properly packaged for shipping. This means bubble wrap, boxed inside the swap box, etc. Whatever it takes to make sure your mug will get to your partner safely!! No one wants to receive a broken mug.
-Please include a note/card in your box, so your partner knows who got them the wonderful gifts!
-Leave feedback for your partner once you have received your box
-Please post a brag of your haul! The brag thread will be started by the first person to receive their box.
-If any questions or problems come up, please contact me ASAP.

Deadlines:

-Sign-ups until Monday, September 30 (or until we get 15 participants)
-Partners by Thursday, October 3rd
-Shopping: October 4 – November 1st
-Shipping: November 1st – November 7th
This will allow everyone to have a new mug by the time it starts getting cold!

How do I sign up?:

Please PM me with the title “Mug Swap Application” and include this information:
-Forum name:
-Real name and address:
-email address/alternate contact:
-Shipping preference (international or domestic..I will do my best to fill requests, but cannot make promises. You may not refuse to ship internationally):
-Link to your feedback (or ebay account if using that as one feedback)

Participants:
1. mkia9 SHIPPED Received
2. Sunshine SHIPPED Received
3. M!ndy SHIPPED Received
4. Marigold SHIPPED Received
5. archidraca SHIPPED Received
6. Dainty SHIPPED Received
7. Xeevee SHIPPED Received
8. Wiccanpony1 SHIPPED Received
9. Tikibirds SHIPPED Received
10. Shockponie SHIPPED Received
11. Talismarr SHIPPED Received
12. Truevampiress SHIPPED Received
13. ThriftyPony SHIPPED Received
14. Xkelpiex SHIPPED Received
15. Bow Tie SHIPPED Received

Once I have received and approved your application, please post your answers to this questionnaire in the thread:

Favorite color:
Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!):
What kinds of mugs do you like? (Ex. Small, large, designs, etc.) Give your partner an idea of the things you like!:
What would be good extras for you?:

Please feel free to ask other questions throughout the thread! I will do my best to update the questions asked by the group in this post!

Questions asked by the group!

How do you feel about travel mugs?
Homemade items?
Antiques?
Tea cups?
How do we all feel about coasters as extras?
McDonalds Happy Meal Ponies - Minus G1, Are you missing any? Are you seeking any? Do you have an army of any?
What devices do you have for making your hot drinks (eg: tea pots, esspresso machine, coffee grinders)?
Candles?
How do you feel about a neat spoon or stirring-like object as an extra? Are you more simplistic and just use a spoon, or would you like a coffee stirrer?
Does anyone NOT like tea or not like coffee? Any types you are not okay with, like flavored teas or coffee?
Do you prefer caffeinated tea/coffee or decaf?
Are you vegan/vegetarian?
Any pets? If so, do they like (or are they allowed) pet snacks?
Do y'all like hot chocolate, hot cider, or other hot drinks that can be consumed from mugs?
How would you feel about having a custom mug made for you? Either the photo-type ones you can do or something like that? Maybe of your ponysona? Maybe of something that you listed in your likes?
Do you take baths at all?
Do you need/want My Little Pony cups?
Favourite animals, birds and or bugs?
Do you have any favorite movies/games/characters you might want a mug of?  or maybe we could use this for ideas for extras and not mugs too xD:
What is your favorite season?
Large mug?
I live in Arizona, and have sometimes seen mugs made by the Indians on the reservations here. They end up looking like glazed clay type mugs. Is this something you'd be interested in, partner?
Would you mind if your name was on the cup? if so what do you prefer to be called?
Are you okay with getting a mug that would need to be hand washed?
Do you have your ears peirced?
Partner; is it cool if I sent a "generic" mug that you may like as an extra?
Do you prefer loose tea or tea bags? Would a tea infuser (like a cute novelty one) be good as part of your extras?
Coffee drinkers, whole or ground?
More about jewelry. Do you wear jewelry at all? Do you wear bracelets or necklaces?
To those who said you like teacups - would you rather have a nice teacup instead of a mug? or does it have to be a mug since this is the mug swap and not a teacup swap? I see some very pretty ones BUT they are at the limit for the budget for this swap.
If you were to receive a hand painted mug...what would you want on it? Of all your interests, what would you most want a custom mug of?
Chestnut coffee??
Flowering tea??
Baked goods? If so which ones/flavors?
What if I scooped you out a few little jars of my whole bean or ground coffee?
Holiday mugs??
Sake cups?
Pony sets within extras budget??
Themed wrapping?
Can you name your top 5 Disney Movies? (Even if you only liked them as a kid and no longer?)
Red velvet coffee?
Factory flaws okay?

*approved - kkat 9-20-2013*
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:22:19 AM by mkia9 »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: ~Mug Swap 2013~
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
Sent in my application! Hehhe woot!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »
Sent in my application! Hehhe woot!

And approved! :]

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »
:banana: Yay! I'm in!! :biggrin:

Okay, so here are the swap questions:

Favorite color: - I like all colors. My house is kind of "natural" colors - browns, greens, whites, creams, grays, but, I would use a coffee mug that looked like anything! Color is not a limiting factor for me! :thumb: I would probably die for a super girly mug... pink, silver, glittery, sparkles, whatever - something that my fiance would NEVER be caught dead using, lol!

Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!): Please don't send candy! :) Sugar Free/Diet Hot cocoa or tea or coffee would be a cool "food" addition, or things like fruit snacks, fruit gummies, fruit leather, - granola bars, dried fruits, trail mixes (yes those can have M&Ms in them) - I'm NOT allergic to nuts or anything of the like so, don't worry about that. I'm just watching my diet and I have no will-power over chocolate so I'd rather not be tempted :biggrin:

What kinds of mugs do you like? (Ex. Small, large, designs, etc.) Give your partner an idea of the things you like!:
I do really want a ceramic mug as my primary mug... but as a second or extra a Travel mug would be so awesome for me as my fiance steals all of mine or steals the tops for mine and then I'm left with an insulated cup with no lid to travel with... but I like ceramic mugs too! I don't care what size, haha, big mugs are awesome! Normal sized mugs are awesome. I don't need a teeny tiny mug, hehe :)
Mug Design Ideas: Anything with a fish on it, a rooster... ponies of course! Uh... mugs that are "shapes"? - Like animals?
-I don't really like... MOTHS or BUTTERFLIES, elephants, pigs, MONKEYS, rats, mice... so, probably avoid things like that but... I love most other animals.
Um... Mugs that are "special" because they're made from some local thing by you - like certain mud or clay or a design that is special to your local area - those kinds of things are fantastic too!
They don't have to have animals on them! Stripes, dots, stars, whatever. - I am easy and I've never done this before but, I am super excited for anything!
Anything that is a reference to favorite shows of mine on TV (or movies): American Dad, NCIS, Family Guy, The White Queen, The Office, Parks and Recreation...
Royal girly mugs - like.. beautiful crowns or gold pretties, girly girly uber girly mugs so my fiance won't steal them! :blush:
*I need dishwasher safe mugs if at all possible because I'm lazy like that! :biggrin:*

PONIES! I know it's a low extra limit but, even one pony - I love ponies in ALTERNATE REHAIR condition - so ponies with bad haircuts and stuff, but have semi-nice bodies... (I can deal with flaws on ponies who are alt rehairs, but not ones completely covered in Cancer or Regrind or Ink... etc) - There is my Want List linked in my signature, and I have lists on there of Rehair Baits I'm looking for specifically, but really I could probably do something with most ponies... CP ponies are a bit of a nuissance because they have about 1000 hair holes so, Lemon Drop's for my army, or a Snuzzle would be the only CP (besides like, CP AJ or BowTie, harhar) that I would really be looking for in that pose. My other favorite poses are Earth Shy, Unicorn Gusty Pose, Unicorn Powder Pose, Dancing Butterflies Pose, Big Brother Poses, Ember Baby Pose, Unicorn Moondancer Baby Pose... :biggrin:
DOLL HAIR! - for the same reason as above, ANY colors - either half hanks or full hanks (half = cut in half) - I like my hair long so, I usually don't use it cut in thirds but, hey, I can probably make anything work! I can really use dark blue, dark purples, blacks, whites, silvers, reds, blues, - like any color really!
CAT TREATS/DOG TREATS! - Temptations for my kitties, and Greenies or BusyBones for my puppies! :biggrin:
FISH STUFF! - Anything related to freshwater fish, Paddlefish or Sturgeon or anything like that. I like Sharks too. ;)

I would definitely love one as an extra or something, or a 2nd mug if my partner can afford it!

Antique/second hand cups?
For me, no - we have so many antiques because of my grandparents passing, that I don't have a place to display those kinds of fragile, breakable items... I have lots of Cats and 2 rowdy dogs so, the tiny beautiful breakable things are not good for my house, lol :)

Handmade things?
I love handmade things! :)

Other favourites:
I like flavored coffees - hazelnut, chocolate mint - not so much like "berry" flavored. I like all kinds of tea - again not as much the berry flavors as like regular green tea or lemon or something like that.
My favorite TV show is NCIS because Mark Harmon is the hottest man on the planet. If you got me a mug with Mark Harmon's face on it, I'd die 1000 deaths of happiness, LOL
Besides MLP I collect Fashion Star Fillies, Fantasty Fillies, Breyer Wind Dancers and Tokidoki Unicornos, She-Ra Horses and Pixie-Tails for my Silky Mane (who I am also needing her saddle and bridle).

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:32:20 AM by Sunshine »

My Want List

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:55:41 PM »
Aww, this swap looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I need another mug like I need a hole in the head. Have fun everyone! Can't wait to watch the brag thread to see what kind of mugs everyone got. :D

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 11:59:01 PM »
Haha I kinda am that way too Sandra but... I still had to jump on this and try an OT swap...

My fiance and I have a running joke about "bad Christmas gifts" - he always gets me a travel mug, but, most of the time he gets me like a completely plain, silver, boring mug - and then proceeds to steal it, lol so... :biggrin:

My Want List

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 01:55:27 AM »
Accepted - Yay!  :yippee:

Favorite color:
Aqua green and purple.. fairly equally. I also love candy pinks, medium blues and silvers.. or even white! Really I'm quite easy with colours except for neons.. I really dislike neons. I don't like gold either.

Being in Australia, customs are quite strict on food and plant materials coming in to the country so that rules out a lot of things (here's some information that covers it http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/mail/cant-mail).
I love hard candies such as oldschool boiled/rock candies in fruity or peppermint flavours.
I also love tea.. Peppermint! Also Black, White and Green.
I dislike coffee, chocolate and liquorish (and any aniseed flavors) or anything overly chewy.

I prefer my cups/mugs in pairs if at all possible  :blush: Either a pair of the same mug, or two that are similar and look nice as a pair  ^.^
Generally I gravitate towards medium sized, rounded type mugs.. usually quite simple. I also love modern tea cups with saucers!

Designs..? :wonder: Definitely anything that relates to my likes (MLP, Adventure Time, animals, flowers etc) and favourite colours. Ooo especially shimmery/glittery/pearl finishes! I like anything from plain colours to classic looking patterns.
Honestly, I think I'd be happy for any kind of mug/s just because it's such a great swap and I'd appreciate anything my partner decides on :biggrin:

Is there anything you like to dip in your tea/coffee/cocoa that would make a good extra?
I'm not much of a dipper.. but I don't mind plain/vanilla type cookies for side snacks with a hot drink.

I love cute little (sparkly!) things!
More specifically things such as erasers and other stationary, glitter, seed beads, bookmarks, magnets, pretty rocks and hair accessories.
Single cup tea infusers are nice too  ^.^

I'm not keen on travel mugs, I already have a couple of expensive ones that I'm happy with so I wouldn't want to acquire another that I might not use as much  :blush:

Antique/second hand cups?
I wouldn't mind antique tea cups.. mugs not so much. Unless they are super retro and cool looking maybe? Preferably not chipped/stained.. and definitely super clean  ^.^  I'm a little bit of a germaphobe in that respect. Sorry future partner!

Other favourites:
MLP  :biggrin: All gens but mostly G4 right now (though not looking to add any new ponies currently!)
Adventure Time (the cartoon) - I adore Lumpy Space Princess and BMO in particular!
Horses, frogs and lizards
Frangipani and geranium flowers
Mermaids, faeries.. and Unicorns!

Extra questions spoiler-ed..
Spoiler
Handmade things?
Yes of course! Especially if handmade by my partner. I think it's more special that way!

Coasters?
Love them  :biggrin: Especially cute, silicone ones!

McDonalds Happy Meal Ponies - Minus G1, Are you missing any? Are you seeking any? Do you have an army of any?
I don't mind the G3 Diva posed girls for customizing purposes so bad hair and paint scratches are fine.
Otherwise I'm not that interested in McD ponies... Unless my partner has a spare G4 Lily Blossom looking for a new home :blush:
No armies.

What devices do you have for making your hot drinks?
I have a kettle for boiling water and two tea pots (one glass for blooming teas!).

Candles?
I'm not against candles especially beautifully scented ones!

How do you feel about a neat spoon or stirring-like object as an extra? Are you more simplistic and just use a spoon, or would you like a coffee stirrer?
A pretty spoon would be nice  ^.^   

Do you like kerchiefs, doilies, or napkins?
No thank you. 

Teapot?
Yep, I have two. One with an infuser for loose leaf teas, the other is glass specifically for blooming teas.

Does anyone NOT like tea or not like coffee? Any types you are not okay with, like flavored teas or coffee?
When it comes to coffee, I'm quite fussy so it's probably best to assume that I don't like coffee. I'm also not ok with fruit flavored teas or heavily spiced or seasoned teas.

Do you prefer caffeinated tea/coffee or decaf?
I'm fine with either.

Are you vegan/vegetarian?
Not strictly vegetarian but I try to avoid gelatin.

Any pets? If so, do they like (or are they allowed) pet snacks?
I have a chihuahua who likes little soft toys to fetch but is quite fussy with food/treats. I also have indoor cats but they don't really get into treats.

Hot chocolate, hot cider, or other hot drinks that can be consumed from mugs?
I like malted hot drinks. A little bit of milk chocolate flavour is fine but nothing too heavy in chocolate please.

Do you take baths at all?
Sadly I don't have the use of a bath currently, so no  :(

Do you need/want My Little Pony cups?  If so, any that should be avoided (either because you have them, or because you don't want them)?
I wouldn't mind MLP cups, but I would prefer cups/mugs that reflect my other interests.

Horses, frogs, geckos, alpacas, sulphur-crested cockatoos, galahs, dragonflies.

How would you feel about having a custom mug made for you? Either the photo-type ones you can do or something like that? Maybe of your ponysona? Maybe of something that you listed in your likes?
I'm not really a fan of custom mugs.

Do you have any favorite movies/games/characters you might want a mug of? or maybe we could use this for ideas for extras and not mugs too xD
I've already mentioned Adventure Time - favourite characters being BMO and Lumpy Space Princess (though I'm a fan of the entire main cast overall). Other than that, I can't really think of any other movies etc that I would appreciate enough to be included.

What is your favorite season?
Spring! It's never too hot, or too cold. It's just my favourite time of the year for so many reasons :heart:

Are you left or right handed?
Right handed  ^.^

Do you like to read, if so what kinds of books?
I love reading! I mostly read fiction.. especially quirky, funny and magical stories!

Large mug?
My hands are quite small, so maybe not  :blush:

I live in Arizona, and have sometimes seen mugs made by the Indians on the reservations here. They end up looking like glazed clay type mugs. Is this something you'd be interested in, partner
Clay mugs are not really practical for me, sorry!

Would you mind if your name was on the cup? if so what do you prefer to be called?
It's not really what I'm looking for, but if my partner decides to use my name Mindy is fine.

Are you okay with getting a mug that would need to be hand washed?
Not really. I use the dishwasher most days.

Do you have your ears pierced?
Yes I do! But my ears are sensitive to anything non silver or surgical steel posts.

Partner; is it cool if I sent a "generic" mug that you may like as an extra?
I'm actually quite fond of generic mugs in general  :biggrin:

Do you prefer loose tea or tea bags?
I love loose tea! I don't mind tea bags either though.

Would a tea infuser (like a cute novelty one) be good as part of your extras?
Yes please  ^.^

Coffee drinkers, whole or ground?
I don't drink coffee..

More about jewelry. Do you wear jewelry at all? Do you wear bracelets or necklaces?
Yes, I adore jewelry! My skin is sensitive so I stick to sterling silver in necklaces but I don't mind plastic bangles and things.

To those who said you like teacups - would you rather have a nice teacup instead of a mug? or does it have to be a mug since this is the mug swap and not a teacup swap? I see some very pretty ones BUT they are at the limit for the budget for this swap.
If it's a really nice tea cup I'll leave it up to my partner. I would prefer a pair of generic mugs though.

If you were to receive a hand painted mug...what would you want on it? Of all your interests, what would you most want a custom mug of?
I'm not really keen on custom mugs  :blush:

What about a pair of short fuzzy socks/slippers??
Yes please! I love socks  :biggrin: I have quite small feet (AU/US 6)

Any interest in Sake-type cups?
No thank you.

Do you have any interest in a holiday mug?
Not really, no.

What if I scooped you out a few little jars of my whole bean or ground coffee?
I'm not keen on coffee.. but I wouldn't mind loose tea samples :)

I grow Chestnuts, and we can make "Chestnut Coffee" with our chesnuts - Would you be interested in trying this by chance if I sent you a small baggie?
I'm sure it's lovely, but no thank you :blush: As I've said - I'm not keen on coffee but I also can't guarantee that customs would let it through anyway.

Flowering tea?
I love flowering tea but again, customs may not let it through because it's a plant material.

Home baked treats?
I'm not sure how they would travel.. and again - customs may be a problem.

Edited regularly to add extra information.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:35:31 PM by M!ndy »
:fox:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 03:09:03 AM »
Since we don't have the whole swap set yet, M!ndy can I ask you - what do you mean in pairs? Like - you'd like 2 of the same type of mug if possible? Or like, two that are a set that are not the same but go together? :biggrin:

My Want List

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 03:25:35 AM »
I don't mind either :) Two of the same might be easier, but if my partner finds two mugs that might be the same but slightly different or made to be a pair that would be cool too!
:fox:

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 05:10:30 AM »
Awww.... No Mug swap for me. -_- I can get the posts by the end of signups (or in a couple of days if I try hard enough :P) but I didn't register until May. Y'all have fun though! I'll look for your Brags. ;)
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 05:57:24 AM »
I just sent in my application. I've been avoiding swaps because I don't want to get involved with a pony swap right now, but a simple mug swap like this is perfect. 

Sunshine, how can you not like moths and butterflies! 

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 06:25:48 AM »
Aaaww.. I would've loved a swap like this. Too bad I'm not huge on selling/trading and are short on feedback. Not that I need anoher mug either I have a cabinet with only mugs and cups, lol. Have fun everyone!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 08:40:17 AM »
Awww.... No Mug swap for me. -_- I can get the posts by the end of signups (or in a couple of days if I try hard enough :P) but I didn't register until May. Y'all have fun though! I'll look for your Brags. ;)

I can be flexible if you're only short on one.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
I'm only short by 9 days! Sending registration now!
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »
Hooray mug swap go go cocoa!

Favorite color: - I like autumn colors (cream, gold, rust, orange, copper, bronze, plum) and India color palates (orange and pink, turquoise with lime green, Seafoam and coral).  I also like gold and pink together and ivory and white and gold together.  My very favorite color is orange.

I am allergic to peppermint. Please no peppermint.

Likes: hot cocoa especially flavored kinds like cherry, licorice hazelnut, french vanilla, and white chocolate.  I like licorice flavored candies and teas, chai tea, anything hazelnut, chocolates are nice, anise and spice and cinnamon and ginger are all good. Either as drinks, candies, or chocolates...or candles!  ginger chews.  Chocolate covered sunflower seeds.  I like coffee and most all flavored coffees. Especially fall favors like pumpkin.  Ginger snap cookies. Honey sticks, rock crystal sticks, maple sugar candies. 

Dislikes:  peppermint. 

I like ceramic mugs of any normal size or tall but not super wide.  I don't want a travel mug because I have too many.  I love beautiful mugs that are unique.  Anything with a floral theme. Anything with an Indian motif like henna designs in bright colors, or paisleys, or stylized peacocks or lotus flowers.  I like designs that are delicate and detailed.

I'd adore anything handmade!

Mug Design Ideas:
See answer above.  Plus I also love local specially made things like if something is made from clay in your area and is a piece of art.  Anything that looks like art is good.  Flowers are always a safe bet. Scrolling patterns and swirls are a plus.  I love berries too.  I love nudibranchs.  G1 mlp is good too.  I have a mlp mug from the pony fair, but that is it.  Oh, and nuts.  I like designs with acorns.

Things I don't like:  Cartoony things. Things from shows/media (with the exception of the Anna mug from Frozen which I do want!).  Tourist mugs like those that have a state name on them.  Mugs with slogans or words or phrases.  I don't prefer real photos on my mugs either.

Ponies from my wish list in my signature are all good but I don't think they fit the bill. 
The candy, cocoa, and coffee are great extras.
Rocks and crystals, even if you just find a pretty rock from your yard. I put them in bowls.
Magnets. I love magnets! 
Marshmallows!!!  For the cocoa of course!

How do you feel about travel mugs? No thanks
Homemade items? Yes please!
Antiques? I love antiques
Tea cups? yes, but I would prefer a mug or two
How do we all feel about coasters as extras? I don't really use them.
McDonalds Happy Meal Ponies No I'm not fond of them.
What devices do you have for making your hot drinks? Microwave, pots over stove, regular filter based coffee maker, those tea spoons for loose tea leaves but I really could use a new tea ball/spoon/strainer.  The one I have doesn't close right.  Work has one of those weird single serving coffee/tea makers (Keurig?) so if you wanted to throw one in as an extra I would enjoy and use it.
Candles?   Sure, I like fall scents such as cinnimon, spice, hazelnut, gingerbread, etc.

How do you feel about a neat spoon or stirring-like object as an extra? Are you more simplistic and just use a spoon, or would you like a coffee stirrer?   I love them.  I like antique spoons with filigree or art deco designs, and I like stirrers with things on top as long as they are not bulky or cartoony.  If it looks like an old lady would use it, I would probably like it.  But not a crazy old lady who likes feather boas and hot pink leopard shoes and purple hats.  More like the sweet old grandmas who have floral embroidered doilies, kerchiefs, lace curtains, and antiques.

Do you like kerchiefs, doilies, or napkins?  See above!  I sure do! 
Teapot?  I do have one but I never use it!  I tend to use a teaball/spoon for loose tea.

Does anyone NOT like tea or not like coffee? Any types you are not okay with, like flavored teas or coffee?I like both.  Just no peppermint please.  I would prefer cocoa, hot cider, and coffee rather than tea.  But I do love licorice tea a lot.  I also love chai tea.

Do you prefer caffeinated tea/coffee or decaf? Either

Are you vegan/vegetarian?No

Any pets? If so, do they like (or are they allowed) pet snacks? I have an outdoor cat.  He loves catnip toys and treats.

Do y'all like hot chocolate, hot cider, or other hot drinks that can be consumed from mugs?I Oh gosh yes!  I forgot entirely about hot cider.  It is a favorite!  And I already said I love hot cocoa.

Is there anything you like to dip in your tea/coffee/cocoa that would make a good extra? Biscotti is wonderful.  Honey sticks, rock crystal candies, cookies made for dipping.  Butter cookies.  Marshmallows.

Do you take baths at all?. No, no bath products please. 

Do you need/want My Little Pony cups? Id prefer no my little pony mugs unless it is a custom mug or something of my persona (in sig link) or a vintage G1 mug. 

Snails, slugs, nudibranchs/seaslugs, moths, skippers (they look like moths crossed with butterflies), flying fish, sea urchins, anemones, sturgeon (thank you Sunshine for reminding me I love them).

Do you have any favorite movies/games/characters you might want a mug of?  or maybe we could use this for ideas for extras and not mugs too xD   Soot Sprites!  Aside from soot sprites, most movies and characters I don't want mugs of...except maybe any designer princess mug from the 2011 line.  But I do love ANYTHING Rapunzel especially if it is not Disney's Rapunzel, and double points if she has brown hair.  I like Disney's Rapunzel too.  I'm liking Anna from Frozen a lot.  I love Snow White but not the dwarfs so much. 

What is your favorite season:   I love autumn and winter.  I think autumn might be slightly more preferred as October is my favorite month.  I love berries, fall leaves, and PUMPKINS!!!!  And acorns and other fallen nuts.  I like wintery berries and holly and snow and snowdrops and poinsettias. 

Oh yes please!  My persona is in a link in my signature.  I would love that!  Or any of my likes would be wonderful too!

Are you left or right handed?
Right handed 

Do you like to read, if so what kinds of books?
I love reading but I don't want any books.

Several of us have said we want normal sized mugs. I just went shopping and I'm finding that there are lots of sizes and shapes. Are you okay with something rounded instead of a cylinder?  Is it okay if a mug is slightly larger than normal but not huge? I found a pretty mug but I'm worried it is not a normal mug.

I don't mind odd shapes or bigger mugs so long as the mug isn't gigantic.

I live in Arizona, and have sometimes seen mugs made by the Indians on the reservations here. They end up looking like glazed clay type mugs. Is this something you'd be interested in, partner? Yes! I love things like this!

Yes, Marigold would be nice on a mug.

Are you okay with getting a mug that would need to be hand washed? Yes!

Do you have your ears pierced? Yes, but I rarely wear earrings.

Partner; is it cool if I sent a "generic" mug that you may like as an extra? Of course!

Do you prefer loose tea or tea bags? Would a tea infuser (like a cute novelty one) be good as part of your extras? I would prefer cocoa or coffee or cider, but I do like loose teas.  I actually need a tea infuser/ball but I'd prefer one that is functional over cute.  Cute is okay if it is not too bulky.  :)

Coffee drinkers, whole or ground? Ground,  I do not have a grinder.

More about jewelry. Do you wear jewelry at all? Do you wear bracelets or necklaces? I have some supplies to make jewelry with some animals/characters/things you listed in your likes and I want to make sure you would want something like that in the first place. I like bracelets a lot because I can see them!  I also like pendants.  I do wear earrings, but just not very often as they tend to hurt my ears. 

To those who said you like teacups - would you rather have a nice teacup instead of a mug? or does it have to be a mug since this is the mug swap and not a teacup swap? I see some very pretty ones BUT they are at the limit for the budget for this swap... I'd prefer a mug for the mug swap. 

Great question!!!  I'd love something with my Marigold pony, marigolds, and my name (Marigold) on it.  Or, something with my name and a bunch of flowers including marigolds.  Or flowers and a soft rainbow.  Or anything with my favorite animals.  Of the animals I would love a sturgeon mug or a nudibranch mug most.  So I really don't know what I would want most of all.  Any of these themes would thrill me, or if you have something else you want to do, go for it.  It will be special no matter what. 

Some people have mentioned liking certain themes for mugs that may end up coming with some writing on them, for example, I like fish, so perhaps someone finds a fish mug and it says "Gone Fishin'" or something goofy... or that you're a teacher and it says, "Teachers are A+", the item itself is COOL - it's not a boring silly mug with just a slogan on it, but it might have writing in addition to being cool, something silly or touching or whatever... is this an issue for you?No that is fine.  I just don't like the ones were it is more about the slogan or writing than it is the mug art itself.  Unless it is someplace I visited or holds special meaning, I am not a fan of those kind of mugs.  But if it was a beautiful artsy mug with Indian henna designs and said "Dream" somewhere on it, I would be fine. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:58:36 PM by Marigold »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal