collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kitty Question  (Read 527 times)

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
Kitty Question
« on: June 08, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »
Have any of you used Profender dewormer on your cats, and if so how effective was it and what side effects should we watch for? I'm just understandably dubious that a single dose medication can actually work and there are very few reviews available online.

I do know that there is a chance for fur loss and sores so we're going to watch for that. I also saw that like Frontline they'll wind up drooling if they lick it but luckily the vet applied it mostly to the back of their heads where they can't reach.

But if it works, I greatly prefer this over shoving a pill down their throats!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Kitty Question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 09:27:18 AM »
Honestly, id call up your vet and ask--because that one person would know a lot more then the lot of us <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

flyawayraven

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 11:27:44 AM »
Honestly, id call up your vet and ask--because that one person would know a lot more then the lot of us <3

Agreed! The vet was actually the one who applied it but I was just curious if anyone had had their cats treated with it before. I've heard it does work fairly well so I'm hopeful!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 07:49:20 AM »
Never used it but I hope it works! Good luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

flyawayraven

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »
Never used it but I hope it works! Good luck!

Thank you! One of them seems to already be feeling better. He's been super affectionate and more energetic so I'm hoping it's already begun to work!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 09:43:13 PM »
I've never used it, sorry! My cat actually eats pills like treats. She's weird.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 01:38:48 PM »
We used it at the vet clinic I used to work at. We never saw any side effects from using it as far as I know. Hopefully nothing unusual will happen with your kitties :)

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 07:48:06 PM »
We had it at my previous clinic.  I'm trying to convince my new clinic to carry it!  Clients loved it.  Expecially on the not friendly barn cats that would rather murder you then ever let you near their mouth.  I also used it on my shelter rescue kitten and he responded well. I also used it on a adult foster cat who had never been dewormed in her life and came to me covered in fleas, no side effects from her as well.

I currently have 3 foster bottle babies  about 4 weeks old (I had 4 but the little girl passed away yesterday :(,  she wasn't gaining weight properly,  all we can figure was fading kitten syndrome aka we don't know what happened).  The family that found them watched for hours for mom to come back but she didn't. So we have no clue on the first 2 1/2 weeks of life. Anyways If I can convince my current place to order me some I will probably use it on them if I still have them when they are old enough.

I also have a previous coworker who used it monthly in her two cats because they were constantly catching mice and contracting tapes.  Never had a issue with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal