collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "NC" Sundance??  (Read 1096 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
"NC" Sundance??
« on: May 12, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »
Just wondering if ""normal" (i.e. non- Nirvana) Sundance has a country stamped on her hooves (e.g. HONG KONG)? Mine just has C'83 HASBRO PAT PEND and then 3 blank hooves - is she a NC pony or just a normal one? Many thanks!  :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
Re: "NC" Sundance??
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »
I know the NC Sundance is really common around Europe. My childhood Sundance is NC too, and she was bought from Finland.  I know there is a Sundance with country markings, but I have never seen one myself. So I would guess the NC one is the common one in this case.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »
Yes, the NC one was sold in Europe. I think in the US the Hong Kong one is more common. Then there are the different variants (straight her, curly hair etc.), maybe someone is able to tell you more about them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
There's a China Sundance too, sold at least in the UK. I'm not an expert on the hair etc. variants though.

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 08:59:13 AM »
She has the factory curl  :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »
NC Sundance does fall under the Nirvana umbrella (she was made in Spain), however she is pretty common across Europe (including the UK), a bit like with the NC Loving Family ponies :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 03:03:14 PM »
"Normal Sundance" depends where you are. ;) In the USA, Hong Kong Sundance is the normal one, but in the UK & Europe NC Sundance seem to be the most common. I'm not sure where the China Sundance comes in. Possibly from a later reissue or mail order, since Sundance was sold in the years before production switched to China.

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
I'm not sure where the China Sundance comes in. Possibly from a later reissue or mail order, since Sundance was sold in the years before production switched to China.
I've sometimes seen them with UK Megan and Sundance sets that were first issued in 1986 to my knowledge. I don't have one myself though.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:39:26 AM »
I'm not sure where the China Sundance comes in. Possibly from a later reissue or mail order, since Sundance was sold in the years before production switched to China.
I've sometimes seen them with UK Megan and Sundance sets that were first issued in 1986 to my knowledge. I don't have one myself though.

I woudn't have thought the 1986 versions of the sets would have been China, since production didn't switch there until 1987 or 1988 (can't remember which off the top of my head). The predominant version in the UK is the NC version, however I couldn't rule out the China one being sold later on. Taffeta's site on the UK issue suggests that all versions in the UK were NC.
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/meganandsundance1.htm

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Woelzy

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:00:08 AM »
I thought every sundance was NC!
I came across a lot of sundances but never saw one stamped Hong Kong..that means I have to get one! How exciting to learn there are different types. :D

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 02:00:28 AM »
I throw up my hands on this one... I know for sure that there is one person who actually has a UK Megan (dressed like the 1st release) and China Sundance set, which would mean that they exist. Furthermore I vaguely remember some from ebay but my memory isn't necessarily to be trusted. :wonder:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:07:42 AM by mul-ta »

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 04:36:12 AM »
Hmmm....didn't know about the Loving Family Ponies! Just checked my herd and yep...sure enough...my Mummy Bright Bouquet is NC too! Thanks for the info it's greatly appreciated  :happy:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal