collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Welcome Swedish/Scandinavian members! [English thread]  (Read 3172 times)

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
Welcome Swedish/Scandinavian members! [English thread]
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:45:47 AM »
[This is an English forum, so we've been asked to keep our discussions in English. I wanted to start a thread for Swedish members to easily get in touch with each other regarding sales or just to chit chat.]

Hej hej allihopa! / Hey hey everybody!  ^.^
I've been a member here for about five years (active from time to time) and find myself discovering more Swedish members almost on a daily basis. There's something about seeing another Swede responding to a thread that makes me wanna "scream" out something in Swedish out of sheer happiness. Anyways, I figured starting this thread is a way of creating our own little Swedish oasis on the Arena.

I'm S.o.a.r. here on the Arena, also know as Izzie on Druvdalen.
My real name is Isabelle and I live in Stockholm. I've been collecting ponies for about 5-6 years. I'm born 1986 so I've grown up with the greatest generation of MLP in my opinion. I also collect other 80/90's toys whenever I go to flea markets; I get so excited everytime I see a toy from my childhood era. My favorite hobby is going to the cinema; currently a Gold Member at SF Bio. Speaking of which, I'm so excited about the opening of Filmstaden Scandinavia November 12th!

So, Swedes, introduce yourself and let's get talkin'! :heart:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:22:26 AM by S.o.a.r. »

RinLin

Re: Welcome all Swedish members! [English thread]
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »
What a fantastic idea! :D
Hi, I'm Rin, a Genderfluid 26 year old being. Born in 1989.
I do have a Druvdalen account, but as the forum is sorta dead, I'm glad I found this place. ^^
Colorful ponies are happiness! :D I started to collect for real this summer. Before that, I had just my childhood pony, Surprise Twins Mommy. Sadly, she's no longer complete - the pink baby is lost. :( I had a big collection of various G4 blind bags, but had to sell them due to financial troubles.
Fakies are a huge passion of mine, and I collect the Lanard ponies frequently. ^.^ Would love to someday own Takara ponies - both real and fakies.
In my free time, I like to create - customs, both ponies and others, draw and make my own jewelry, which I sell, both for dolls and humans. I also buy cheap doll furniture and repaint. :)
Love anime and Japanese stuff. Follow a lot of other shows as well.
Oh, my Instagram is RinLin89, be sure to check it out. ^_^

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 03:58:00 AM »
Well I am Beldarna everywhere online, real name is Veronica. I was born 1984 and has been a member here for 9 and a half years.. almost a decade, it's insane! :shocked: I am a member on Druvis as well, was part of the original Druvdalen before it moved to it's current location and before that I was a member in the mlp group on Lunarstorm (if any remember that old place). I've been collecting since 2002.

I live in Umeå and work at SF Bio ;). Therefor I watch a ton of movies as well. (Fun trivia: we have posters promoting Scandinavia and IMAX and yesterday a regular questioned why we didn't have an IMAX up in Umeå as it's too far to travel to Stockholm. Like, we just got one in Sweden! Of course it's gonna be in the capital. Closest one besides that is in London. Jeeez!)

Anyway, I read a lot, preferably Fantasy. I have my own library/ponyroom which I am extremly proud of. Besides that I crosstitch, play videogames, watch a ton of movies and tv-series. I try to be social and play TP a couple of times a month with some friends and I work out at the gym at least once a week. Beldarna on insta as well ^.^

Princess Lala

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 04:37:44 AM »
TEAM SVERIGE!!! (*˘︶˘*).。.:*:heart:

S.o.a.r. you have no idea how much I have wanted to bug you about as soon as I saw your location! I didn't wanna be weird or creepy ha-ha! So is this like a Swedish discussion thread? Because I would love to chime in and chat with people from Sweden! *is all shy*

Does it count if my dad was Swedish but I was born here and raised in MN by my family who is actually from Norway!? My real moms side is  Norwegian/German and currently lives in Austria if that teeny sorta micro counts as Scandinavian. Sverige is actually my favorite country and I really wish I was born there or could move there! I was taught Svenska at my fathers house in Florida when I was little (before he passed away) and recently ive actually started to pick it up again and continue learning thanks to some laungauge apps! I also have a few of my great-great grandmothers recipes and traditions for the holidays.

My real name is Lari, my father named me, because  he told me when I was born I was quiet and the first thing I did was smile at the doctor. I was always told Lari (pronounced lah-ree) was Swedish/Finnish for cheerfulness and laughter. If I had a daughter her name would be Kari! :3

Hmmm If I could live aaaanywhere in Sweden it would be near Göteborg. I always hear its so beautiful, especially around Advent/Xmas! Someday I will visit where my family came from! *has cheerful thoughts* For now all I have is my Dala horse and Scandinavian gift shop in a nearby city. *pouts air travel is expensive*
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:44:40 AM by Princess Lala »

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:36:38 AM »
Colorful ponies are happiness! :D I started to collect for real this summer. Before that, I had just my childhood pony, Surprise Twins Mommy. Sadly, she's no longer complete - the pink baby is lost.
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your Surprise Twins Mommy pony!  :( My best friend had that when we were growing up and I was so jealous of her! I wished for it all the time and finally bought MIB last summer!  :satisfied: Sometimes I actually think about breaking the package and playing with it!  :shocked:

In my free time, I like to create - customs, both ponies and others, draw and make my own jewelry, which I sell, both for dolls and humans. I also buy cheap doll furniture and repaint. :)
Whoa! You sure keep busy!  ^.^ I wish I was as creative! I used to write alot of original stories, as well as fan fictions. All in English since that has become more natural than Swedish these days, what with all the tv shows and movies I watch.  :lookround:

I have been a member here for 9 and a half years.. almost a decade, it's insane! :shocked: I am a member on Druvis as well, was part of the original Druvdalen before it moved to it's current location and before that I was a member in the mlp group on Lunarstorm (if any remember that old place). I've been collecting since 2002.
Ah yes, I know who you are from Druvdalen!  :biggrin: I think I was also a member of the original Druvdalen but I'm not entirely sure, depends on how along since the forum switched websites. And I totally remember Lunarstorm; it played a big part in my teenager years! :heart:

Anyway, I read a lot, preferably Fantasy. I have my own library/ponyroom which I am extremly proud of. Besides that I crosstitch, play videogames, watch a ton of movies and tv-series. I try to be social and play TP a couple of times a month with some friends.
I prefer watching tv shows and movies to reading books, even though I used to write alot of original stories/fan fictions for many years. I mostly only read during the summers for some reason and it's also mostly Fantasy. My favorite authors are Kelley Armstrong och Brandon Mull. I also love playing TP! Especially TP Disney! I'm a big Disney kid at heart! :heart: And how cool that you work at SF Bio! I'm applying to some jobs at SF Bio in Stockholm since it seems like a fun place to work! I currently work as a temp at a local preschool.

S.o.a.r. you have no idea how much I have wanted to bug you about as soon as I saw your location! I didn't wanna be weird or creepy ha-ha! So is this like a Swedish discussion thread? Because I would love to chime in and chat with people from Sweden! *is all shy*
YES TEAM SVERIGE!  :lol:

You're most welcome, Lari!  ;)
I didn't think about non-Swedish people having a connection to Sweden/Scandinavia when creating this thread, but the more the merrier for sure! I think it's so cool that your dad (so sorry for your loss!) was from Sweden but you yourself grew up in my favorite country; USA! Wanna switch places? :biggrin:
 I've currently been to USA three times (twice in SF, twice in LA and once in NYC) and I'm hopefully going back there next Spring! Yay! :heart:

If you ever want some help with your Swedish, I'll gladly help! And I'm sure the same goes for the other Swedish members here! ;) Also, I myself prefer Stockholm to Göteborg (but then I'm partial since I live in the Stockholm area) mostly because of the dialect. I speak "Stockholmska" which is a local dialect that only people from Stockholm tolerate.  :blush:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:38:23 AM by S.o.a.r. »

Princess Lala

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 11:04:47 AM »
^oh yes hahah if you ever wanna trade for a week or wanna visit lemme know! xD I love the healthcare and food over there!! America is kinda crazy atm but its still fun stuff to do! Im here in Texas which is a dramatic jump from where I lived! I went from Minnesota, to Indiana, to Florida, then to Texas. Minnesota was awesome because I got to eat lingonberries there and watched the auroras growing up as if my family were at home. I miss the snow like crazy! My dad was a biiiiig Disney fan and we lived in Florida for quite some time because of Disney World! We always went to the Norway pavillion which at the time was never crowded.

To be honest my hubby was talking about Canada because the Scandinavian culture is much bigger there versus Texas LOL! Plus the climate is colder which we like! Its hard to choose because I love living so close to Disney world myself! If we decide to have kids I would love for them to grow up around any Scandinavian enviornment for sure. Im actually always used Celcius instead of Farienheight because thats what I grew up so I could make the change and cross the border! xD

Stockholm has its own little dialect? Thats kinda cool actually! Kinda like in the US  how people in Boston have a different dialect than people in the deep south US? xD I would love to see pictures of the city around Advent!!! I have always wanted to see the stars in the window all different creative colors. I bet its so beautiful there around that time!

thank you! If I have any question about the launguage I will be sure to ask!!! I am curious though is och really said as "ooo"? One on my language app prounounces it as " ock" and I always thought it was one of those weird words with silent letters.

Also idk if you have these in Sweden but nextdoor in Norway there is a candy called kvikk lunsj? I got a box of them in the mail today to last me all season yay! =3 We also started selling Annas ginger thins here in the States!

Hmmm lets see... I do actually listen to a few Swedish-spoken indies bands. This is an older one but I really like the band Kent! Vinternoll 2 (winter zero two) and Igenting (nothing?) are my favorite songs by them!!

Oooo are Crazy Monday still around!? It was a skinny jean place back when I was in high school I used to order bright colored skinny jeans from them and it was cheaper than US skinny jeans at the time haha! xD So much has changed I bet since!

*so sorry i talk a lot!*
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:15:53 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 03:21:44 PM »

Does it count if my dad was Swedish but I was born here and raised in MN by my family who is actually from Norway!? My real moms side is  Norwegian/German and currently lives in Austria if that teeny sorta micro counts as Scandinavian. Sverige is actually my favorite country and I really wish I was born there or could move there! I was taught Svenska at my fathers house in Florida when I was little (before he passed away) and recently ive actually started to pick it up again and continue learning thanks to some laungauge apps! I also have a few of my great-great grandmothers recipes and traditions for the holidays.

My real name is Lari, my father named me, because  he told me when I was born I was quiet and the first thing I did was smile at the doctor. I was always told Lari (pronounced lah-ree) was Swedish/Finnish for cheerfulness and laughter. If I had a daughter her name would be Kari! :3

Hmmm If I could live aaaanywhere in Sweden it would be near Göteborg. I always hear its so beautiful, especially around Advent/Xmas! Someday I will visit where my family came from! *has cheerful thoughts* For now all I have is my Dala horse and Scandinavian gift shop in a nearby city. *pouts air travel is expensive*

Ah, another MN Swede! :D I'm very much like you, but with a "dark" secret. ;) Okay, it's not a secret: my dad's Norwegian and my mom is Swedish, so I'm not totally Swedish. Unfortunately, we're much more connected with the Norwegian side of the family, since my dad and his siblings actually visit over there more often, but I identify most as Swedish because I personally don't talk to my dad's family that often. Sorry about the Americans taking over your thread. ;) I was born in America, but everyone here thinks I'm Scandinavian. I only know a few phrases in Swedish -- mostly because my grandmother started only speaking in Swedish when she got old (and had severe Alzheimer's) so we all got to know the phrases she would say over and over again. Like Princess Lala, though, Swedish culture is all around me -- a large majority of the bands I listen to are Scandinavian, and around Christmas time we eat recipes passed down through the family.

So I'm an interloper in your thread, but I figured I could have a bit to share. My goal is to move to Norway at some point in the future (and live on the family farm, which has been mostly deserted by my actual family), so I'll be your neighbor, at least.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 08:00:11 AM »
The arena is so great for connecting!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 11:33:12 AM »
ringwraith10: Welcome to the thread!  ^.^ I didn't realize there so many (*coughs*twosofarbutstill*coughs*) Americans with ties to Scandinavia. I've always secretly wished that I have long lost relatives in America but as far as I know my family is all Scandinavian. The only relative I had outside of Sweden was my grandmother's older sister living in Norway. I've been a few times to Norway and you should know it's more expensive to live there in than Sweden. You get more pay but pay more to live. But it's a beautiful country with lovely mountains. My dad loves Norway and has done a few roadtrips there over the years.

^oh yes hahah if you ever wanna trade for a week or wanna visit lemme know! xD I love the healthcare and food over there!! America is kinda crazy atm but its still fun stuff to do!
Yeah, Sweden/Scandinavia is better than America when it comes to healthcare, school and maternity leave for example. You don't have to be insured to get healthcare and it's actually less expensive for humans than animals go to the doctor here in Sweden. You also have the right for 12 months of PAID maternity leave and these days even fathers have the right to PAID paternity leave.

Stockholm has its own little dialect? Thats kinda cool actually! Kinda like in the US  how people in Boston have a different dialect than people in the deep south US? xD
Yeah exactly like that! We have a few other dialects as well here in Sweden but we're a small country with about a total of 9 million people.

I am curious though is och really said as "ooo"? One on my language app prounounces it as " ock" and I always thought it was one of those weird words with silent letters.
Yeah, the word "och" ("and") is spelled with a silent H at the end. It's pronounced as "ock" which can be confusing, especially for something outside of Sweden.

Also idk if you have these in Sweden but nextdoor in Norway there is a candy called kvikk lunsj? I got a box of them in the mail today to last me all season yay! =3 We also started selling Annas ginger thins here in the States!
Actually, the Swedish brand Marabou (our most known chocolate company) recently released a new flavor containing bits of Kvikk Lunsj but I haven't tried it yet. Is it any good? And Annas cookies is a true childhood memory! Especially her gingerbread cookies! Yum yum!

Hmmm lets see... I do actually listen to a few Swedish-spoken indies bands. This is an older one but I really like the band Kent! Vinternoll 2 (winter zero two) and Igenting (nothing?) are my favorite songs by them!!
Actually, I only listen/read/watch anything English. I know who Kent is (duh!) but never liked their music. My favorite artist is Taylor Swift. But I listen to almost all kinds of music. Oh! I do like Zara Larsson! (Google her!) Her breakout song "Uncover" is awesome! She's been called the next Rihanna because of her amazing voice! So I do like one Swedish artist but then again she only does English songs. When it comes to movie and television, I mostly watch American ones. They're mostly predictable but damn they're good! I got hooked on "Castle" this summer and plowed through seven amazing seasons! I also follow "Blue Bloods", "The Good Wife", "Grimm" and "Rizzoli & Isles."

Oooo are Crazy Monday still around!? It was a skinny jean place back when I was in high school I used to order bright colored skinny jeans from them and it was cheaper than US skinny jeans at the time haha!
Are you maybe talking about the clothing brand Cheap Monday? The ones with the skull logo? If so, they're still around and selling as good as ever! Although I mostly do all my shopping at H&M (Swedish pride!) and I sometimes order Victoria's Secret Pink sweatshirts from the VS website. The shipping is crazy expensive but it's worth it!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:37:05 AM by S.o.a.r. »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »
I'll be your secret long lost relative! I heard once that everyone in the world is at least 16th cousins with everyone else, so we're all related somehow -- especially if we all came from the Scandinavian region. ;)

There are actually a lot of Scandinavians in Minnesota -- back in the 19th century a bunch of Swedes and Norwegians moved to that region and settled around the same time, so most of the towns have Swedish or Norwegian names (with a bit of German thrown in) and a lot of people there are still close with their Scandinavian relatives. Most of my close relatives live in MN, still, but a few of us (me, my mom, and my brother, included) have scattered to distant parts of the US (and a few are in Canada). But we still have family reunions in MN every year.

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »
im from sweden :)
I have tryed to finde swedish people to talke to and it would be fun to maybe meet some day :P

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
ringwraith10: Ah, you make a very valid point! I didn't think of that! Yay, I may actually have long lost relatives somewhere in America!  :lol:

LunaDehligt: Welcome Luna! I was wondering when I'd see you here!  ;) Yeah, I would love to arrange a meeting for Swedish MLP collectors! But then again it would be pretty hard since we live all across Sweden... so I guess until then, we have to settle for talking online.

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 12:18:50 PM »
LunaDehligt: Welcome Luna! I was wondering when I'd see you here!  ;) Yeah, I would love to arrange a meeting for Swedish MLP collectors! But then again it would be pretty hard since we live all across Sweden... so I guess until then, we have to settle for talking online.

yeah it is hard but it would have been fun :P
but i do hope some day it would be possible to meet hhaha :) :blush:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 12:21:49 PM »

yeah it is hard but it would have been fun :P
but i do hope some day it would be possible to meet hhaha :) :blush:

Hey, if you guys do have a meet, let me know -- I'll try to take a vacation and come over for it! Of course, I'll probably need about 6 months notice to get a cheap-ish plane ticket. ;)

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 12:28:25 PM »
Hello
My name is Jenny and i collected MLP ever since i was 6-7 years old.
But i sold some when i was in my teens and i live outside Stockholm.
I got my first pony MOC when i turned 8 years old :)

On facebook there is a Swedish forum, My Little Pony Sverige.
Come and join =)

I had surgerys this year so i havent been here at all for a while.

I dont collect so much this Days, only try to get some things to make my Collection
complete :)

:)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:23:48 AM by lemonice »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal