collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who regrets not buying a toy you wanted?  (Read 2161 times)

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
Re: Who regrets not buying a toy you wanted?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
I saw a really adorable Bolt plush in a charity shop a while back and didn't buy it, because I don't tend to collect toys of movie/cartoon characters (I kind of prefer having a 'generic member of a species' that I can name and characterise myself).

But then a little bit later I bought Bolt on DVD and totally fell in love with the film. I really wish I had a Bolt plush now, but they seem to be expensive, or just not quite what I'm looking for! The one I saw before would have been perfect too :(

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 01:01:04 PM »
I think my biggest toy regret is not buying a Little Mermaid II Melody doll in Toys R Us when they were around $20.  My mom asked me if I wanted one and I said "No" because I thought the older Little Mermaid dolls were prettier.  Now even a played with Melody doesn't come up very often and when they do they're very expensive.  I wish I had known then how expensive they would become.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 01:05:16 PM »
I saw a really adorable Bolt plush in a charity shop a while back and didn't buy it, because I don't tend to collect toys of movie/cartoon characters (I kind of prefer having a 'generic member of a species' that I can name and characterise myself).

But then a little bit later I bought Bolt on DVD and totally fell in love with the film. I really wish I had a Bolt plush now, but they seem to be expensive, or just not quite what I'm looking for! The one I saw before would have been perfect too :(

You might get lucky - I wanted a Disney Store baby Pegasus plush for the LONGEST time (like from nursery age. My best friend had one and I totally fell in love but DS had sold out...). Fast forward ten years or so and I found one, in great condition, at a carboot sale. 50p. I love him :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »
reading all the stuff that ya all have missed makes me really sad

One toy that I adored was a spain galaxy I had. I took her everywhere and she even slept with me. My mother secretly throw her away, as she wanted me to mature faster (when I was 9 years old she said I was almost 10 and that I was too childish and compared me to 15 year old girls, saying I should be like them) I have never found a galaxy pony at the fleamarkets here sadly, but when I do I will inmediately but her.

I hope ya all find what you are missing in the next flea market or thrift shop adventure! <3
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 06:41:17 PM »
Mine is more of a "I wish I had known then what I know now."  When I was little, my aunt lived in the UK with her husband (who was British).  I had a NSS Northstar in my childhood collection, but as a child, I had no idea that she was a European pony.  In fact, I didn't know that until I found the online community in the early 2000s - and by that time I was in college.  Since I don't remember receiving NSS Northstar, I figured she must have been a gift from my aunt, since how else would a child living in the US in the 80s have had such a pony?  (And sadly I can't ask her about it now since she has already passed).

But now I think, if only I had known about European ponies then!  I could have probably had a few more, since I'm sure my aunt would have obliged if I had asked (as I was her only niece, and she never had children).

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 08:22:12 PM »
Looking back, I wish I had gotten the original blue Digimon: Digital Monster virtual pet. I own a number of other Digimon items, though that is one that I wish I hadn't let get away. More recently, I really wish I had picked up the How To Train Your Dragon Stoick the Vast figure. I hunt through thrift stores pretty frequently looking for it, and it has become my white whale lol. However, any time the official Stoick pops up online he is not cheap so I'm really hoping for a re-release.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »
As a kid... I had a lot of regrets but no money.    Now, I don't regret missing out on toys as much as I once did.  I do regret not buying a limited Pullip though and not realizing how cute they are earlier. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Truly

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 10:24:56 PM »
G1 flutter pony Hollywood. G2 magic Diamond Glow. Really kicking myself about these two! Especially Diamond glow... The last bid for her ended at around $100 and there is only two Hollywood ponies on eBay both way way expensive! Kicking myself big time lolol

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 07:01:30 PM »
Breyer Spooky Stablemates. :<

I saw them in the store back in the day, thought to myself "I really want these...but what would I do with them?" and I passed them up.  Since they were a special edition/limited run, prices for them are CRAZY on eBay! D:

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 11:27:11 PM »
Dawn of the Dance Lagoona Blue. I had told my brother I wanted a Lagoona for Christmas, had SHOWN him the one, but he and his fiancee messed up and got a different one. I did not have the heart to tell them and by the time I realized this had happened that doll was no longer easy for me to find locally.

Venus McFlytrap. I really want(ed) her original doll and that simply did not happen. And the longer I've waited, the more of a pain I know she is going to be. Yes, there are other versions. But I want her with her diary and her pet.

Lalaloopsy Prairie Dusty Trails. I had her in my hand. She was $26 Canadian. But I had a few days before payday and my funds were lower than I wanted them to be so I passed. I never saw her again. Very frustrating!

Charm Wings Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. I saw them along with Charm Wings Honey Rays and only bought Honey Rays even though everything pony-related at Target was 20% off. I didn't know whether I would be a big fan of the Charm Wing ponies but I am. Oh well.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:29:14 PM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 10:35:04 AM »
I think my biggest toy regret is not buying a Little Mermaid II Melody doll in Toys R Us when they were around $20.  My mom asked me if I wanted one and I said "No" because I thought the older Little Mermaid dolls were prettier.  Now even a played with Melody doesn't come up very often and when they do they're very expensive.  I wish I had known then how expensive they would become.

Ponyfan

That's also my biggest toy regret! :yikes: I remember it like yesterday. Tons of Melodys on the shelf. Now $300 on ebay :wail:
My Wish List

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 03:22:59 PM »
There must have been tons of toys -- namely Transformers and a small handful of Busou Shinki figures -- that I regretted not buying.

My most recent regret was that I found a Busou Shinki Artille Fullbarrel, which was an exclusive figure, on eBay for $99.99 (the lowest-most price I've seen). I wanted to buy her on the spot, but at the time I was bidding in two different auctions for G1 My Little Pony Friends (Oakley Moose and Spunky Camel). So I told myself to keep an eye on that Artille Fullbarrel and buy her when my next paycheck came. Unfortunately, someone ended up buying her a few days after I've seen the listing. *Cries forever*

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 01:35:26 PM »
Pony Regrets: Fashion Style Applejack. I passed her up thinking "i'll see her again" and little did I know she was rare. -_- I didn't follow pony toy news as well as I do now.

Non-Pony; There are a few Transforemrs but the biggest toy regret is passing on a LOT of of Invader Zim collectibles. Worst regret, though, is missing out on a lot of the Palasides toys. I didn't live near a Hot Topic but one comic shop had the Invader Zim figures. I only chose three of them and decided against getting anymore for some unknown reason. Knowing how rare and just plain expensive those figures are now I would have done what ever I could to either earn the money or worked to pay them off after begging my parents to buy them. >>; I was like 14 at the time so I wasn't even old enough to have a job yet.

Offline Starie

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2015, 02:56:07 PM »
Remember when the non mane 6 Playful Ponies were still in stores?

......I do. /sulk

^this

I only got Plumsweet, saw all the other ones though. Still Im really happy I got Plumsweet at least, would have regretted it if I didn't.

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 04:55:57 AM »
I wish I had picked up pullips Chelsea and Kaela when they were available. I really like them but I don't want to pay eBay prices.  :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal