collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Korra got the boot!? D:  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Korra got the boot!? D:
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:38:18 AM »
Don't know how many other fans of The Legend of Korra are here, but I have sad news to announce! Nick has decided to drop Korra Season 3 from the air!  :cry:

The season will not finish on television, instead it will movie to online streaming only. So you can still watch the eps for the rest of the season, but you will have to do it at Nick.com or with an online streaming provider like Hulu.com. The assumed explanation is that the show pulled in very poor ratings so far.

Read the online article here: http://www.hypable.com/2014/07/24/the-legend-of-korra-season-3-final-episodes-online/

Honestly I do not have cable tv (I don't even own a television) so I watch all my tv shows online anyway. Even so, I'm very sad to hear about this because I know there's a bunch of people who love Korra and watch it on tv and will be sad to see the season disappear from the online broadcast schedule.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Korra got the boot!? D:
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »
Awe, that stinks. Nick has never treated Korra or Avatar very well. They don't advertise it very well. At least the rest of the season will be available. Some networks would cancel it and sit on the unaired ones. I'm looking at you Fox. :mad:

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 11:38:07 AM »
Awww :( I love Avatar and I've been keeping up with Korra regularly.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Nohpny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:26:10 PM »
Awh. I really love that show. I'm a big fan of The Last Airbender as well. I remember watching the final season when it aired. At least it will be online...

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »
I don't know how to feel about this, I feel sad that it's a show about my favourite childhood characters, but much, much older, so that hurts a little, it then again, I'm sad they're cancelling it as there are many fans of the show. It won't affect me as I stopped watching it after avatar legend of Aang stopped, I guess that's me though, I don't like change very much, probably partly due to a lot of sadness because of change in my life.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 12:58:02 PM »
Nick used to have great shows and ATLA and TLoK were their last breaths of fresh air. Yet cartoons chock full of gross idiocy like SpongeBob and Uncle Grandpa are continuously foisted upon us.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 01:10:49 PM »
Oh my god thats horrifying...

I don't have cable so I wouldn't have been able to support the show anyway, and I'll admit I haven't watched further than season one but I've been meaning to catch up.

I thought the series was doing well? Jeez..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »
That sucks. That might mean there won't be a season after this one.

It's only natural that when people watch episodes online, TV raitings drop. I do wish TV would catch up with the times though. It's not so strange that people won't pay to view a channel that has one good show on. People are getting pickier with what they're spending their precious time on. When not stressing, they sit down and stream entire series. Oh, and the kids would rather play games.

:/
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »
Nick should not be surprised about LoK getting low ratings, considering they barely advertised that there was a new season airing (although in a way it wasn't their fault, considering S3 episodes had gotten leaked way before they were supposed to air so Nick scrambled to air them ASAP). Really, there are still people who didn't know season 3 already started (or the same thing happened when season 2 was airing). Plus, it wasn't a smart move of them to air S3 on a "death time-slot" ( a lot of people are usually out and about on Friday nights/evenings).

Still, I am quite upset about this. I'm still mad at Nick for doing the same thing to Winx Club. *grrr!*
I do have Hulu Plus, so I can still watch LoK on my TV (I have the app on my ps3), but I still liked being able to watch a show without having to go online to do so [if that makes sense]. Call me odd, but I really don't like having to watch shows online and prefer watching shows on a TV screen. I really feel bad for the LoK fans that can't watch it online due to internet reasons. :(

Looks like TMNT will be the only thing I watch on Nick now. :(
At least going by what one of the show creators said earlier today, LoK isn't cancelled ( IIRC season 4 was announced some weeks back?) but it's still a shame that this all happened.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 04:20:33 PM »
They are not canceling the show, just pulling it from airing on TV. The creators said they would discuss it more at SDCC during their panel, so I say until we get the full story we just need to calm down.

Offline sparkykandy

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »
I remember seeing some fans complain about Nick not putting the episodes online after they aired, with a few admitting to piracy.  I wonder if Korra being online only is Nick doing this out of spite.  Fans want the episodes online, then they'll be online only! But yeah, we'll probably learn more at the SDCC panel.  Is kind of curious to know how this will affect Season Four...
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

thekozmicpig

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »
Nick should not be surprised about LoK getting low ratings, considering they barely advertised that there was a new season airing (although in a way it wasn't their fault, considering S3 episodes had gotten leaked way before they were supposed to air so Nick scrambled to air them ASAP). Really, there are still people who didn't know season 3 already started (or the same thing happened when season 2 was airing). Plus, it wasn't a smart move of them to air S3 on a "death time-slot" ( a lot of people are usually out and about on Friday nights/evenings).

TV Network management blows my mind sometimes. You don't advertise, you don't rerun, you don't make a big deal, and it dies because you're unhappy with it and have no idea how this happened!

Disney would not stop talking about Girl Meets World and pulled five million viewers. Five. Million.

Either Nick's run by morons, or as much as I hate to say it, Korra fell victim to the "Boys watch action shows and won't watch the shows because they think girls are icky" which kills every female centric action show in the states DEAD. Sometimes even before airing. You passed on Modifyers why?

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 08:21:33 PM »
I remember seeing some fans complain about Nick not putting the episodes online after they aired, with a few admitting to piracy.  I wonder if Korra being online only is Nick doing this out of spite.
Not sure if it's out of spite, although I can imagine Nick being extremely mad at their Mexico(?) TV branch for leaking the first four episodes [accidentally] in the first place. Part of me thinks they weren't going to air S3 until this fall (and maybe show a sneak peek at SDCC).
But as far as the fans complaining about the episodes taking forever to be put online, I totally understand why the fans are mad. In comparison, the newest episodes of TMNT get put on iTunes/AmazonPrime(?) the midnight before it airs on Sunday morning. But with LoK, for a show airing on Friday night, new episodes don't go online until maybe about the following Monday, which is not a smart thing to do if you don't want people to pirate the episodes.

Either Nick's run by morons, or as much as I hate to say it, Korra fell victim to the "Boys watch action shows and won't watch the shows because they think girls are icky" which kills every female centric action show in the states DEAD. Sometimes even before airing. You passed on Modifyers why?
Considering that Nick just LOVES airing Spongebob Squarepants all the time and basically forgetting they have other animated shows besides that and FoP, I'd say they are run by morons.

I personally wish they would at least move LoK to Nicktoons Channel. I can see it getting better treatment there.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 01:26:42 AM »
I didn't even know there was a season 2, let along season 3

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 04:37:31 AM »
NOOOO...!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal