collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1( or early) transformers  (Read 2079 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
G1( or early) transformers
« on: April 03, 2014, 03:47:06 PM »
share your love here  ;)

i thought i would start a new thread as there was a lot of interest in my last thread for voting for car decals.

so i would love to hear from you what you think and share some photos with us  :satisfied:

i have loved G1 TF since i love mlp as a kid in the 80s, sorry not really a bayformers fan though TF prime is good and I found out about TF Armada late last year and enjoyed it, doesn't compare to the G1 series but enjoyed it  :)

now i enjoy seeing my son playing and watching TF

please come share your interests and pics of your beloved TF toys or art work etc..

here is a pic of my fav Decepticon and my fav mlp girl hanging out :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and my TF jewellery....can you spot it :P

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:16:19 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1( or early) transformers
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:05:06 PM »
I'm a TF geek...yep.   I used to watch the show when I was a little kid.  I don't know if I had any "real" transformers at the time, but I had regular toy cars and trucks and I would pretend they were transformers  :lol:  I have a bunch now but most of them are living in a box at the moment, sadly.  Maybe I can rustle up some photos at some point!  Oh, I also read this webcomic based on the G1 show, called Comics in Disguise.  Its pretty fun!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 04:20:40 PM »
cool i will look it up :)

i had an old battered Mirage TF toy i think my dad found around the place somewhere, it was my only one and i loved it. sadly it disappeared along the way.

Post Merge: April 03, 2014, 04:55:34 PM

hahahah love it :biggrin:

http://www.comicsindisguise.com/comics/2006/comic2.html

thank you for the heads up on that :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:55:34 PM by shabbychicdee »

wanted list
for trade

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 05:20:14 PM »
Our house is full of them because hubby collects.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »
TF fan since childhood. I grew up watching the cartoon and reading the tie in books (easy reading type). Which if I remember where episodes of the cartoon, in book form.

TF's where expensive and my family didn't have money to spare but I desperately wanted an Optimus Prime. Made do with a G1 TF Sound Wave. Found at a yard sale when I was eleven years old. He'd lost a few parts and would get stuck in his alt mode. But he was well loved by me and I made him from a Con into a Bot. :P

Not a fan of Bay and the Bayverse. Though I do enjoy watching the films, for the shot of nostalgia. My favorites have always been Optimus and Bumblebee. And the Dinobots. Because dude dinosaurs and machines=awesome.

My user image of Sky Rocket was inspired by Optimus's human holo form. In one of the movie tie in comics. He is shown in effect driving himself in alt mode. With his human holo form sporting a cream colored Stetson. And looking like Peter Cullen, the voice actor who provides Optimus's voice.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 06:44:49 PM »
I loved the G1 cartoon.  I think Optimus, Rodimus and Prowl were my favorites but I had a soft spot for any that resembled animals like Ravage, Predicons, Dinobots and so on. I have a few from childhood but they're mostly broken and living in a dungeon... I mean, shoebox.   
Sig art by SquarePeg!

valkyrie_fe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 09:12:37 PM »
Squees! I love Transformers. o3o SO MUCH. I grew up watching Armada since it was airing when I was a kid (although so was Beast Wars but I managed to MISS THAT ENTIRELY and I am kinda mad because BW is amazing) and though I watched the first Bay movie when it came out, it didn't really kickstart anything for me. But then one of my long-time friends got me to watch the G1 cartoon the year after and. Yeah. I love the crack. I can't get enough of the crack. But right now I adore the comics published by IDW. :D More than Meets the Eye is especially awesome, and while I enjoyed the Dark Cybertron ~crossover event~ well enough, I CAN'T WAIT to get back to some good ol' MTMTE. :3

/coughs ah, yeah. I love Transformers: Prime as well. And Transformers: Animated. ALSO the War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron games are fantastic. God I could go on forever I just really love these silly robots. I have a little bit of a collection, but I'll have to dig up photos later. c: Probably have a couple more since the last time I snapped pics so I'll end up taking more pics, when I'm less lazy. ;)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 10:40:39 PM »
No pictures of my ponies with my G1s, but I do have this shot of Applejack and Alternators Grimlock:

Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »
share the love :D

gosh i completely loose track of all the toons out there, some day i really want to own the G1 set on dvd.............
and try and get back in armada, my kids would just not get into it and got bored so i need to watch it by myself. starscream was so honorable in it  :inlove: for a change  :lol:

sooo sweet picture btw  ^.^

wanted list
for trade

valkyrie_fe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »

gosh i completely loose track of all the toons out there, some day i really want to own the G1 set on dvd.............
and try and get back in armada, my kids would just not get into it and got bored so i need to watch it by myself. starscream was so honorable in it  :inlove: for a change  :lol:

I have found everything G1 on DVD except for the 86 movie. :/ /hands

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 11:28:12 PM »
Love that picture of AG and Grimlock. This is how we roll! :)

Anyone know if the G1 cartoon is available to watch on Netflix or a similar place online?
It's been years since I've watched it and I could use a nostalgia boost.

When TF Prime was on I did give that a try. Had a few issues with the animation style but in general it wasn't half bad.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 12:51:07 AM »
Love that picture of AG and Grimlock. This is how we roll! :)

Anyone know if the G1 cartoon is available to watch on Netflix or a similar place online?
It's been years since I've watched it and I could use a nostalgia boost.

When TF Prime was on I did give that a try. Had a few issues with the animation style but in general it wasn't half bad.

there was this seen that freaked my kids out from prime so i don't really put it on any more. i do like the classic animation better.
old serious i had found on youtube but now a days i am having so much trouble finding full episodes, i dont know if its how i am going about it through the tv or maybe its another thing they have taken of cos of copy write.

I have found everything G1 on DVD except for the 86 movie. :/ /hands
ah funny the movie is the only thing i have, that was easy and cheap for me to buy here. it freaked me out cos i didn't realize they killed of half of my favourite characters :sad: and you see screamer get obliterated.
no wonder my son isn't that keen on seeing anymore. i love it for the cool style, neat 80s soundtrack to go with the cool bots.
i don't know if its me but the animation looks like it slacks after the movie which came out half way through the series.

wanted list
for trade

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 08:26:29 AM »
I loved watching the cartoon back in the day! Didn't have any of the toys though. Only item I have as an adult is one of those over the bed tents that I found thrifting... Sorry no pic.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 09:33:14 AM »
I didn't watch the cartoon (I didn't have access to a lot of shows when they were first on), but I did have a few of the toys.  They were some of my favourites, actually - of course that also means that they're not in great shape now! ;) I actually took some (poorly lit) photos of a couple of them when I was visiting my mother a couple of months ago:

Blog

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 09:36:22 AM »
Its more of a 'I remember the shows' thing with me..so I don't have any of the toys :) 

Its always nice seeing things you grew up with though^^

And...I love your little jewelry display and the objects around it!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal