collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird things your dog is obessed with  (Read 1143 times)

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Weird things your dog is obessed with
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 07:13:42 AM »
Isn't it amazing!  She's so food obsessed! And I'm very careful with her weight because of them being such easy weight gainers.  Yet those huge brown eyes are so hard to say no too.

One I forgot, all my girls sleep with me at night and Chloe loves my pillow.  If I'm on it she will just lay on my head instead. Usually I wake up in the middle of the night curled up below the pillow because she has succefully stolen it.   My dad dog sat for me a few weeks ago, I told him just to put the pillow in his bed and she will probably just sleep on it.  Nope he said she didn't touch it.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 09:31:29 AM »

We cannot pell a bannana without four dogs coming running.  We are not sure how they know a several rooms away that someone has a banana, do they smell it, hear it?

Hahah my lab is also obsessed with bananas!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 10:18:56 AM »

We cannot pell a bannana without four dogs coming running.  We are not sure how they know a several rooms away that someone has a banana, do they smell it, hear it?

Hahah my lab is also obsessed with bananas!

That's one I forgot!  Kurz LOVES blueberries! I've tried some other produce with him before (my late Briard, Pluto, loved carrots and broccoli), but he just goes and hides them in the living room.  But when I'm making my juice, as soon as he hears the juicer start to run, he comes into the kitchen and patiently waits for me to hand him a blueberry.  He always only wants one, will take it and eat it in the living room. 

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 10:25:08 AM »
My puppy right now has a issue with licking EVERYTHING! She will just come up to you and start licking your feet or your knee. Sometimes I see her licking the wall...She def has a licking problem lol
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »
My other dog Quorra likes to hoard things like blueberries - except she doesn't really like them... she is obsessed with having everything and making sure Spencer has nothing, or at least nothing MORE than she has... we keep frozen blueberries in the fridge and from time to time I'll drop one by accident, she scurries in there and grabs, frolicks back into the other room onto her dog bed and guards it with her life.

Once it thaws though... she's finished with it and Spencer probably swoops in and eats it behind her back. He's basically aware now that if he's patient enough, she's ADD enough to get distracted and he can have whatever she has, lol. :lol:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »
Talking food Cookie is obsessed with carrots! She likes watching you cook and sits right up against the cupboard in the kitchen but as soon as you get a carrot peeler out you have her undivided attention. The other two like carrot but she gets so eager to get a bit. She doesn't beg, just sits or stands patiently watching you... and she's on it like a shot if you drop any.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 08:44:20 AM »
At the moment, its the sound of the microwave.  I think my brothers dog thinks hes entitled to something as soon as the door slams and its on :/

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 10:38:50 AM »
My grandfather used to have a dog obsessed with putting out cig butts.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 10:42:49 AM »
Annie has a few things she's obsessed with. Let's see...

She likes to unmake my parents' bed, pull the sheets down, throw the pillows off, everything.

She's really attached to two beagle plushes from when I was little; she carries them everywhere, puts them in peoples beds, stuffs them into the couches. It's really sweet.

Plastic eyes. Whenever I give her a plushie, I have to either make sure it has embroidered/printed eyes, or cut the eyes out because she'll tear them out herself. (Miraculously, she hasn't done that to the beagle plushies, either because she likes them so much, or because their eyes are semi-covered.)

Deer. She really loves them. She's gotten a bit aggressive with the neighbourhood deer, so we don't let her play with them anymore, but she loves watching them out the window, or on tv.  She also recognizes the word; if I tell her "there's a deer!" she'll run to the back window to look.

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 12:19:36 PM »
Unfortunately we lost the oldest of our border collies a nearly 1,5 years back, but both she and the younger one had a complete and utter soccer ball obsession.  :lol:
Neither of them could actually pick the thing up, as it was too large, but the older of the 2 would use her paws and nose to steer it back to you if you kicked or tossed it, and she utterly loved doing so. I spent ages playing with them when they were younger and our "soccer playing dog", was a hit with every kid that came to visit us.  The younger dog mostly ran circles around the other and barked a lot, but she seemed to have a blast anyways.

We learned quickly however to hide the ball away when we didn't want them playing with it because they simply wouldn't stop!
And their wild play wasn't exactly fit for inside the house either. Just putting the ball on a shelf our of reach didn't help, as we'd be treated to a multi-hour whining and scratching concert as they frantically tried to get to it. Even food would barely deter them from 'THE BALL'. We quickly learned to it put firmly out of reach AND view.

Next to the soccer ball thing, the papillon dog we currently have around has a power cable obsession, specifically, that of the vacuum cleaner. I've seen dogs who were scared or wanted to play with the vacuum itself, but the device she doesn't care for at all. Hit the switch to wind up the cord however and she goes berserk trying to catch it. The second I turn the vacuum off she's next to me, just waiting for me to hit that switch.

Finally our Groenendael shepherd had a, um, well, drinking problem, when he was younger.
I don't know if he was trying to compete with the other dogs or something, but for as far as he was concerned, the second that water bowl hit the ground it was HIS and he'd drink it ALL. We had the vet check him over, but all he could find was that he apparently really liked his water. We eventually got him past the obsession for the most part and I'm glad, as it can't have been very good for his stomach to drink so much water in one go, and getting him housebroken was one heck of a chore. We have to give him an occasional warning when he get's to enthusiastic, but he no longer tries to drink over a liter of water in one go. O.o

thegingerspicepony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 05:15:35 PM »
my Labradors are practically like cows as soon as they get out side they start eating grass. I think they get water from it or just like to eat grass I have know clue ?  :biggrin:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »
Sarge the greyhound isn't usually much for picking up things with his mouth (besides his food).
He has the knotted end of a rawhide bone (so about the size of a fist), he usually keeps it by his bed. He picks it up in his mouth, carries it from the bedroom to the living room and repeats this 3 to 4 times before dropping it on the kitchen floor when you're in there and then looking at you like, "did I do that?" Odd ball.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 02:00:24 AM »
My 6 lb. pom/yorkie mix is pretty much just afraid of everything. He is especially afraid of his water bowl, which is made of metal and reflective. He's afraid of the dog inside the bowl -- he doesn't realize that's just his reflection! When he drinks water he leans over as far as possible so that he can make a quick getaway if necessary.

Post Merge: February 14, 2014, 02:05:43 AM

my Labradors are practically like cows as soon as they get out side they start eating grass. I think they get water from it or just like to eat grass I have know clue ?  :biggrin:
Usually excessive grass eating indicates that they have an upset stomach. You might want to talk to your vet about this and/or change their food. Here's some info I found on the subject: http://www.petmd.com/dog/wellness/evr_dg_eating_grass

Post Merge: February 14, 2014, 02:18:37 AM

Oh, and my mom's dogs love the ice maker in the refrigerator. All they have to hear is the beep that means someone is switching from water to ice, and they come running and barking. That ice machine is really intense and often spits ice out all over the floor, and the dogs then want to eat the ice. It's very strange. ;P

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »
It isn't obsession so to say but it's more or less the excitement of the sounds they hear. I learned that off of Caesar Milan lol they just find happiness in the sounds they hear. I wish we could all get happy by hearing sounds like that lol.

OH MY GOODNESS AN EGG! IT CRACKED OH IT IS MUSIC TO MY EARS AHHHH I LOVE IT MY HEART JUST MELTED OVER THE BEAUTY.

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 04:39:29 AM »
Our dog isn't obsessed with any one thing in particular. However, she reacts to the fridge as if it is an axe-wielding murderer. o_O

It isn't obsession so to say but it's more or less the excitement of the sounds they hear. I learned that off of Caesar Milan lol they just find happiness in the sounds they hear. I wish we could all get happy by hearing sounds like that lol.

OH MY GOODNESS AN EGG! IT CRACKED OH IT IS MUSIC TO MY EARS AHHHH I LOVE IT MY HEART JUST MELTED OVER THE BEAUTY.

ROFL!
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal