collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinion Time!  (Read 3451 times)

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
Re: Unpopular Opinion Time!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 12:27:51 AM »
My unpopular opinion: I think partying and getting drunk as a form of "fun" is stupid and a waste of time and money.  Especially for college kids who should be saving their money as much as possible.

It's hard for me to continue, since I wholeheartedly agree. :huh:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 12:33:43 AM »
My unpopular opinion: I think partying and getting drunk as a form of "fun" is stupid and a waste of time and money.  Especially for college kids who should be saving their money as much as possible.

It's hard for me to continue, since I wholeheartedly agree. :huh:

I completely agree. In that sense, I'm a weird 18 year old. I hate alcohol, and the only alcohol I drink is Pimms, and even there it is a rare thing. I don't really 'party' either, I go to friends houses and have dinner with them, sleepovers and movies, that's the extent of my 'party' although I will be taking part in this years final school prom, which will include alcohol, but I won't be drinking unless it's pimms.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 03:51:46 AM »

How people choose to have fun is up to them. What seems like a waste of time and money to others may be well worth it to them. Someone who enjoys drinking and partying may find our toy collections to be a waste of time and money after all. :P Or perhaps they enjoy both activities! You only have one life and you need to enjoy it. So long as people are safe with their fun (no drunk driving, etc), I see no harm in it.

My unpop opinion: I hate soup. I can't even stand the smell of it. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »
Oh I love soup! I've always wanted to learn how to make it, and learned a few recipes over the winter. It pretty much is "just throw everything in the pot!" Home made soup is definitely the best, so hearty and delicious. There is nothing better on a cold winter's day than a home made soup! *wants to make soup now*

My unpopular opinion is that I hate pop bands/groups/artists who become very popular. It's almost that I hate them because they are popular! Examples include one direction, justin beiber and, unfortunately, taylor swift. (I like her older, more country stuff, but lately I feel like she's kind of selling out. Also, bangs don't suit her at all!) I also hate boy bands...

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 11:43:37 AM »
Everyone should listen to music of their choice, but it is known as 'pop' (popular) music for the very simple reason that it is whatever music happens to be favored by the masses at any given point. I have never really been a fan of pop music but am pleasantly surprised every so often by some tune that speaks to me. It's a many-tiered subject, but if today's pop doesn't thrill you, try another era! Ragtime, Mozart & The Beatles were all pop at one time!

Except for country. I have never heard a country song that didn't make me feel like murdering something.  >_<

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 11:56:24 AM »
Sometimes country can sound good. The song "god bless the broken road" makes me think of my one true love.

I really think that letting children run loose in libraries is bad.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
I agree that letting them run wild is bad but just be happy that some children are still being brought to the library instead of plopped in front of a computer or TV! :biggrin:

Unpopular Opinion: You should have to pass many many strict and rigorous tests to be able to have children.
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 12:45:13 PM »
I agree that letting them run wild is bad but just be happy that some children are still being brought to the library instead of plopped in front of a computer or TV! :biggrin:

Unpopular Opinion: You should have to pass many many strict and rigorous tests to be able to have children.

As for the unpopular opinion above me, although I don't think I ever want children, I think that's partially unfair. It's up to an individual to decide if they want children, but in fairness, to prevent child abuse, I agree, better regulations need to be in place.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 06:16:03 PM »

Even though it does seem like a really good idea, I suppose that if there was a strict and rigorous process many people would be disqualified because of their inability to afford such tests.  There would be a danger that having children would only be possible by the super high class and it would become a status symbol and not in fact result in only the best parents having children.  It would also be nearly impossible to regulate.  After all you'd have to sterilize those who failed but if you did so there wouldn't be the opportunity to retake testing.  It would be a logistical nightmare that might not end in the best parents possible for all children.

Unpopular opinion: I don't really care if the government is spying on me.  I figure google and similar companies know everything about me anyway just by what I click.  So it's not a big deal to me.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
Unpopular opinion: I don't really care if the government is spying on me.  I figure google and similar companies know everything about me anyway just by what I click.  So it's not a big deal to me.

It's not OUR government you need to worry about spying on you, it's the selling of YOUR information to other governments! Watch out! (Sorry, I agree with your unpopular opinion so, I just had to come up with something, haha)

Unpopular Opinion: Horses are less intelligent than people give them credit for.

My Want List

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 07:21:16 PM »

Unpopular Opinion: Horses are less intelligent than people give them credit for.

There are a lot of people who greatly benefit from horse therapy and the interaction with horses. They have the ability to connect to people in ways that other animals cannot. While they may not be the smartest creatures on earth, they still have a great role and can help many.

Unpopular opinion: I think it's wrong when parents use those leashes on their children. If you can't control your small kid without the use of a restraint, you're doing something wrong.

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
While I do agree that kids need to be taught manners, sometimes leashes are necessary for children with behavioral problems or mental difficulties.

Unpopular opinion:  I think most modern art is made by scammers who have little to no talent.  I remember reading an article about a new modern art museum opening and one of the pieces highlighted was a white canvas with a red dot in the middle and the artist's comment was "This painting shows the human condition."  The picture had been sold to the museum for thousands of dollars.   :huh:  I'm all for different forms of art, but things like that really rub me the wrong way.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 07:30:05 PM »
While I do agree that kids need to be taught manners, sometimes leashes are necessary for children with behavioral problems or mental difficulties.

Unpopular opinion:  I think most modern art is made by scammers who have little to no talent.  I remember reading an article about a new modern art museum opening and one of the pieces highlighted was a white canvas with a red dot in the middle and the artist's comment was "This painting shows the human condition."  The picture had been sold to the museum for thousands of dollars.   :huh:  I'm all for different forms of art, but things like that really rub me the wrong way.

Unfortunately art is subjective, and sometimes a rather "snobby" industry... it's worth what someone will pay for it I suppose! :huh:

Unpopular opinion: I think Fluttershy is milking it with her "oh god I'm so shy and scared of everything!" personality...

My Want List

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
Fluttershy's shyness is sincere for the most part. And she has had character development, in trying to be more assertive and outgoing. Overcoming your ingrained mental processes and behaviours is very difficult!

I think Dan Savage should not be as respected as he is. He claims to represent the LGBT movement, but has made many transphobic remarks in his column, and has repeatedly say that bisexuals are not worth getting into a relationship with because we are apparently incapable of having a meaningful relationship with anyone.

/人 ‿‿ 人\

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
I think Dan Savage should not be as respected as he is. He claims to represent the LGBT movement, but has made many transphobic remarks in his column, and has repeatedly say that bisexuals are not worth getting into a relationship with because we are apparently incapable of having a meaningful relationship with anyone.

I like Dan at times. I know he's made transphobic remarks, but they were years ago.. I don't think he's made any since? I'm not sure. I just listen to his show for the callers. I can understand how you feel about his feelings on bisexuals. I've cringed at times listening to those comments. I know that one of his comments about transsexuals was actually a quote by someone who was trans..

I think Big Bang Theory and half of CBS are the worst programming ever.  Big Bang Theory not funny and degrades women. But my family watches it LOL.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:50:03 PM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal