collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wedddding Nerves! 4 weeks to go!!  (Read 3447 times)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Wedddding Nerves! 4 weeks to go!!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »
Oh gawd, I love weddings but do NOT miss the planning.  About a week or 2 before the wedding, I actually chucked my ring at my guy's head in a fit of hysteria/fury.  My sister-in-law made me crazy (she was "too busy" with her part-time job to try on dresses, we rescheduled 5 times for her, and then she dared to call me a "bridezilla" when I said we were going without her.  I was MORE than accommodating to the brat.  I even picked out the shoes without her and her fiance finally had to pay me back because she didn't).  My family was stressed and took it out me, my sister micromanaged, and I was worrying about money.  I had so many crying breakdowns in the few weeks beforehand, I was near hysteria at the rehearsal.

The day of the wedding, none of the stress mattered.  It was totally worth it  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 01:27:46 AM »
Suddenly, this thread is making me feel pretty good!!!!!

I'm getting married in June.......and, honestly, have done very little planning.  Got myself a dress (FINALLY), booked a caterer, booked a photographer,.........er..........that's about it..........I suppose I should think about getting the invitations out soon? 

The caterer immediately asked, "do you have your colors yet?"  And I'm just like........"colors???"   :blink:   (I had to go on Facebook and ask people what on earth she was talking about????)

:blush:   (I don't know what I'm doing!!  PLUS, I'm planning a cross-country move in less than 2 weeks.  Try doing your wedding planning, when you're 1000 miles away from the site!!  I kept having to explain to everyone "no, I can't meet with you yet")

The weird dreams are perfectly normal, and I have had those!!  Yesterday, I dreamed we were at the wedding, and my fiancĂ© kept trying to put green eye makeup on me.   :shocked:

lilacamy931

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:29 AM »
Thank you so much pony community at large! So many hugs to everyone! You have truly made me feel oodles better :) I dont make it easy for myself by going for interviews at work XD Everyones stories and advice have helped me loads and appreciate it - definitely feeling less bridezilla :)

oh TraderTif! I hope everything runs smoothly for you and the moving goes really well x

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 12:13:32 PM »

Try doing your wedding planning, when you're 1000 miles away from the site!!  I kept having to explain to everyone "no, I can't meet with you yet")

I see your 1000 miles and I raise you Try planning one in a different country lol

Just to make you all laugh here is one of my favourite pics from the day. That's me throwing the bouquet and that's my sis in the black dress

Always looking for MLP erasers

lilacamy931

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 12:16:51 PM »
that photo is fantastic! XD My friend is currently getting married in Africa as we speak (couldnt go as so close to mine and could not afford) but hers has been easy! they left all the troublemakers behind!

lilacamy931

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 10:40:33 AM »
I just thought I would repost to say 2 weeks to day and to give a MASSIVE hug and thank you to the pony community at large, everyone calmed me down and we are definitely through the bad patches, just the last small stretch and attempting to get some slow dance practise in and we are there. Thank you so much for all the kind words and sharing your stories with me, it helped put it into perspective!

A really special thank you to FlyingPonyMonster *hugs* you have especially kept me calm on my number one concern xx

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 12:10:08 PM »
Squeeeee not long to go!!! *hugs*

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 03:01:46 PM »
:hug:  I hope everything is going smoothly now that it's closer to game time!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal