collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I want to go traveling.  (Read 5931 times)

Repulsive333

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I want to go traveling.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »
Malancaiwan- I DO want to go to France... I just forgot to put it on there. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to France!

Loa- I am glad cause i would need public transportation anywhere i went... hehehe

Cornwall? Duly noted... I will definitely put that on my list of places to visit, i absolutely love Castles

Juri- Perth? I will have to write that one down too...

Moonbreeze - Where is your hometown... I would love to visit Amsterdam but i do not think that i will be able to afford it... I will probably have to go somewhere just a tiny bit cheaper...

naylastar- Glasgow is one of the places i have written down... I LOVE history so Edinburgh will have to be somewhere that i write down too... I LOVE the idea of going to a dungeon!!! HEHEHEHE

I think these trips are gonna get pricy...
Anyone have any friends i could stay with? LOL <3

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »
I have done some extensive travelling and been to pretty much all the places on you list lol.
I'd be happy to help you with specifics. The longest I've been travelling is 8 months - then I ran out of money.

The first thing you need to do it limit yourself. Pick a few countries that a close together and stick with them.
What you have there is a lifetime's worth lol.
Once you've picked your area work out how long you want to go for and what your budget will be like.

Then you start planning for what time of year you would like to be there (remember different seasons for southern hemisphere) if there are any special events you'd like to be part of while you are there and how long you can stay for (visa etc.)
You'll find it pretty much works itself out after that.

But seriously - if you want help shoot me a pm :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

creampuf

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 11:15:25 AM »
I went to London for 10 days a few years ago. We rented a house (it was a group trip) in Greenwich which was so much CHEAPER than a hotel. it also let us save money on food by cooking.

Good idea to go in a group, it's fun and when you split up the costs it's far cheaper. Also the pub specials for lunches are amazing so that saves money when you are out and about.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »
My brother travelled to Japan for 3 months and he had no issues with Hostels.  Hes also male..if it was just me, alone, well id be affraid of other things.

I cant really offer much advice.  We stay with family when we go overseas (Germany, Italy).  Im sure there you will beable to find some affordable places to stay :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 02:43:32 AM »

Moonbreeze - Where is your hometown... I would love to visit Amsterdam but i do not think that i will be able to afford it... I will probably have to go somewhere just a tiny bit cheaper...

I'm in Leiden! I could give a tour if you ever get here. It has the same to offer as Amsterdam, only smaller :)

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 07:40:21 AM »
My brother travelled to Japan for 3 months and he had no issues with Hostels.  Hes also male..if it was just me, alone, well id be affraid of other things.

Well don't quote me on that one but, living in asia right now (china to be precise) I can tell you that you risk nearly nothing here. I remeber coming back home in Beijing from a party at 3am, sore feet so I was bare foot and holding my shoes, 45 minutes walk back and nothing happened, now that's something I would never do in Paris though I lived there all my life! :D
Actually, being a "foreign looking" man in Asia brings you much more trouble with women! (no matter your age, we got girls running after my dad in Shanghai! lol)

Repulsive333

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 09:52:43 AM »
Hostels are the best bet for someone who is poor. Especially because i do not have any relatives or friends that live in any of those places (except England)
I just wish i had someone i could stay with that way i didn't have to worry about places to stay... and it would be cheaper for me. lol
I am so poor but i hate being stuck in one place.
I am thinking about giving up my BJD collection so i can travel. (and pay my bills)

Creampuf- I would love to travel in a group but i do not know anyone that would want to travel to the same places as i want to travel to. Plus the money factor never works out.

Moonbreeze - That would be totally awesome. <3

Malancaiwen - :)   What happens if you do that in Paris? Are the grounds just super dirty?
(hehehee your dad...)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »
couchsurfing.com is your friend :)

Always looking for MLP erasers

Repulsive333

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »
Thank you!!!

lilacamy931

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:05 PM »
There are various things in England, London is always a winner. The New forest near me is wonderful for quaintness and you must try the ice cream XD

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »
Yeah, come to England! There are plenty of cheap chain hotels around here that do rooms for £20 per night. They are basic but actually quite nice! So much to see in and around London! Enjoy, whatever you decide :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 02:54:31 PM »
Thats a wonderful idea...I ll agree with Sebby the best idea is to limit yourself at the start - aim for a couple of destinations at the most...I spend a 3 year "gap year" travelling after school and after having crashed out of uni [managed a whole 6 weeks!] and it was fantastic fun I would recommend it to anyone who has the time and financials but I started slow, stayed close to home in Europe for the first couple of months and only then travelled further afield

I ll second the comments on Scotland - reasonably priced and tons of history plus you cant beat "deep fried mars bars" for cuisine [the French and Italians have nothing on us!]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal