collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay prices are insane lately, but this one's a real thinker  (Read 10722 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay prices are insane lately, but this one's a real thinker
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2019, 02:03:56 PM »
I think German Tiffany was worth at least $50, but I'm not positive.  I don't think it's a bad price as Starglow regularly sells for $50 as well.  Princess Sunbeam is also there and she has all her tinsel forelock . . . I would think she'd be worth about $15 - $20?
So the final price wasn't bad. The whole situation still irks me though... :biggrin:

Yeah I feel irked too. 

You know what's even worse? The person who bought his ponies probably wouldn't have even done so if not for this thread pointing out German Tiffany and Starglow  :lol:
Oh boy what makes you think that?  :lookround:

I think the Arena gets a lot of traffic.  Someone reading the thread could have been like "Oh yeah, I DO need German Tiffany- and can probably sell that Starglow..." or something ;D

I'm not annoyed at the collector-  just annoyed at the guy who wouldn't listen and who appears to have been trying to trick people into thinking his ponies were something they were not...

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2019, 02:34:00 PM »
I think German Tiffany was worth at least $50, but I'm not positive.  I don't think it's a bad price as Starglow regularly sells for $50 as well.  Princess Sunbeam is also there and she has all her tinsel forelock . . . I would think she'd be worth about $15 - $20?
So the final price wasn't bad. The whole situation still irks me though...  >_< :P

Yeah I feel irked too. 

You know what's even worse? The person who bought his ponies probably wouldn't have even done so if not for this thread pointing out German Tiffany and Starglow  :lol:
Oh boy what makes you think that?  :lookround:

I think the Arena gets a lot of traffic.  Someone reading the thread could have been like "Oh yeah, I DO need German Tiffany- and can probably sell that Starglow..." or something ;D

I'm not annoyed at the collector-  just annoyed at the guy who wouldn't listen and who appears to have been trying to trick people into thinking his ponies were something they were not...
Well yeah like I said for those two? Good price. German Tiffany doesn't come on US Ebay often.
Unfortunately that guy gets his money even after trying to scam. It would be one thing had he changed it after being corrected but these people only care about cash. Hopefully they went to a good collector and someone who knows exactly what they are regardless.  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2019, 02:49:24 PM »
It irritates me that someone got screwed over.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2019, 03:52:22 PM »
It irritates me that someone got screwed over.
Exactly. I hope it didn't go to someone who thought that they were TAFS! (Really you'd think they'd research that before buying but)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
But the buyer didn't get screwed over at all, they got pretty valuable ponies for a good price.  Maybe for cheaper than if the seller had just put up an auction.  (Edit:  Actually it turns out it was an auction rather than a BIN so never mind about that part, lol.)

The seller had pictures from multiple angles, there's no way a buyer would think they were TAFs unless they didn't know what TAF meant.  In which case it shouldn't be a selling point for them anyway.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:50:08 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2019, 05:15:40 PM »
But the buyer didn't get screwed over at all, they got pretty valuable ponies for a good price.  Maybe for cheaper than if the seller had just put up an auction.

The seller had pictures from multiple angles, there's no way a buyer would think they were TAFs unless they didn't know what TAF meant.  In which case it shouldn't be a selling point for them anyway.

$700 for a fraudulent listing isn't getting screwed over?   :brow:

Not a single one was TAF, none of them were worth $100 individually and there were commons in there worth $20 at most. No. The buyer got screwed over big time by an dishonest PoS.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:24:13 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2019, 05:49:09 PM »
They paid $100 total, the seller dropped the price.

I guess I can post the link since the listing is closed now:

Link to eBay auction

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2019, 08:34:04 PM »

Link to eBay auction
It almost looks like that's Euro Cherries Jubilee too, which goes for a little more as well. I'm glad they sold for a reasonable price. A lot of times these days it seems people get swindled (based off sold listings) someone had paid $100 for a happy tales pony, which was relisted not long after, my guess based off research. People see these things at such high starting bids and often over pay. My advice to any new beginner is research value. I just got into Furbies recently and if it weren't for my best friend I'd have no idea what good prices are, as I dunno even know where to look for that info yet. The whole thing is just annoying though. 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2019, 08:52:58 PM »
Ooo, could be Euro CJ!

Yeah, I agree on researching value.  A lot of eBay sellers put "RARE!!" in their listing title when they are totally MLP-ignorant and are just trying to use buzzwords to generate a sale.  The fastest way to research is to put in "My Little Pony {pony's name}" and search the Sold listings on eBay.  That will show what people have actually paid for a pony in the past.  Or if the seller didn't list the pony's name, put their photo in Google Image Search and it will probably come up with the name and set of the pony.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »

Link to eBay auction

It was still a fraudulent listing that the seller made no effort to correct even after being told. That's still dishonest. Its one thing not to know, its another to willfully ignore what someone more knowledgeable tells you just to make a buck. Should I then put a bunch of fakie and cheap g3 babies up for a pretty penny by touting them as a super rare set? That would be wrong. The buyer still got screwed. It is a nice lot that anyone would be happy to own, but not at the expense of being deliberately deceived.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2019, 04:21:15 AM »
Ooo, could be Euro CJ!

Yeah, I agree on researching value.  A lot of eBay sellers put "RARE!!" in their listing title when they are totally MLP-ignorant and are just trying to use buzzwords to generate a sale.  The fastest way to research is to put in "My Little Pony {pony's name}" and search the Sold listings on eBay.  That will show what people have actually paid for a pony in the past.  Or if the seller didn't list the pony's name, put their photo in Google Image Search and it will probably come up with the name and set of the pony.

I don't think it's a European CJ. European CJ's symbols are darker, that looks like a standard Y3 CJ with a symbol at the darker end of normal, personally.

Euro CJ
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

UK CJ
Spoiler

Both clearly darker. Definitely not the UK one anyway as the hair is wrong, but her symbol looks more like this to me...
Spoiler

...Which is a regular y3 pony.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay prices are insane lately, but this one\\\'s a real thinker
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2019, 03:08:28 PM »
Ooo, could be Euro CJ!

She had darker cherries! Hard to tell though. Exactly! Or ask around. I'm sure people here, the Trading Post, Discord, Tumblr ect are always willing to help.

Post Merge: October 04, 2019, 03:09:47 PM

Ooo, could be Euro CJ!

I don't think it's a European CJ. European CJ's symbols are darker, that looks like a standard Y3 CJ with a symbol at the darker end of normal, personally.

Euro CJ
Spoiler

UK CJ
Spoiler

Both clearly darker. Definitely not the UK one anyway as the hair is wrong, but her symbol looks more like this to me...
Spoiler

...Which is a regular y3 pony.
Hard to tell with the lighting. It'd make sense considering Tiffany?

Post Merge: October 04, 2019, 03:12:09 PM

Link to eBay auction

It was still a fraudulent listing that the seller made no effort to correct even after being told. That's still dishonest. Its one thing not to know, its another to willfully ignore what someone more knowledgeable tells you just to make a buck. Should I then put a bunch of fakie and cheap g3 babies up for a pretty penny by touting them as a super rare set? That would be wrong. The buyer still got screwed. It is a nice lot that anyone would be happy to own, but not at the expense of being deliberately deceived.
While it be a good deal, it makes me sad a seller got cash for being dishonest though. I hope they stop doing that for future listings and the buyer enjoys them.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 03:12:10 PM by caseysealia »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »
Yeah, I wondered that too, since Perle is in the lot, and some of the others did have continental releases...but looking at the photo I'm 99% sure that's a normal regular CJ.

CJ is a sort of army pony for me, and she has a lot of different symbol prints in the normal 1985 release, but the European and UK ones have a distinctively darker symbol. After squinting at it, I don't think that's it.

Also, on balance, I am not sure that Sunbeam was sold in Germany, which is where Perle was sold. She was sold in the Netherlands, but that's not the same thing...and Perle wasn't sold in the Netherlands as far as I am aware.

Also I think...and someone in Germany can confirm...but I think Italian CJ is more common in Germany than the European one. I am not totally sure if the European one was sold in Germany.

Ponies can cross borders...but if the lot was from the US, that's a bit of a lot of convenient coincidence for me.

I'd also probably guess from how silky her hair is, that Starglow most likely originated stateside. It's not a general rule but there were some weird things that happened with hair in that year in general when it came to Europe.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 03:23:16 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2019, 04:28:48 PM »
Yeah, I wondered that too, since Perle is in the lot, and some of the others did have continental releases...but looking at the photo I'm 99% sure that's a normal regular CJ.

CJ is a sort of army pony for me, and she has a lot of different symbol prints in the normal 1985 release, but the European and UK ones have a distinctively darker symbol. After squinting at it, I don't think that's it.

Also, on balance, I am not sure that Sunbeam was sold in Germany, which is where Perle was sold. She was sold in the Netherlands, but that's not the same thing...and Perle wasn't sold in the Netherlands as far as I am aware.

Also I think...and someone in Germany can confirm...but I think Italian CJ is more common in Germany than the European one. I am not totally sure if the European one was sold in Germany.

Ponies can cross borders...but if the lot was from the US, that's a bit of a lot of convenient coincidence for me.

I'd also probably guess from how silky her hair is, that Starglow most likely originated stateside. It's not a general rule but there were some weird things that happened with hair in that year in general when it came to Europe.
Its so weird that so many random ponies would be together?? I'd just assume they came from a specific country together but like you said, some weren't even sold there. (I had no idea about Sunbeam not being sold there, so I wouldn't know)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2019, 04:46:35 PM »
I think they're basically American with one pony from a holiday or a neighbour who travelled or something. It's easy to overthink it but it seems the most likely given the seller hasn't a flying clue what they're selling xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal