collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disappearing age spot?  (Read 649 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Disappearing age spot?
« on: May 11, 2017, 07:56:14 AM »
I have a Heart Throb who when I received her had two distinct age spots. Or at least I thought so...

She had one in the center of her wing and another on her neck. The one on her neck hasn't changed that I'm aware of. If it did at all it got darker. But when I pulled her out of storage the one on her wing had disappeared? I seriously can't find a trace of it but I know it was there. I have it noted for her initial inspection and I remember the disappointment of finding it since the spot was rather large. Over the past few days I have tried searching for it in various types of lighting and nothing. I can still only find the one on her neck.

Is this something that happens? Or did I misdiagnose her?

I got her in a group of ponies that had been stored in a hot humid attic for about 16 years so I wasn't surprised when some of them had age spots. But this one is baffling me. It was there and now it's not.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Disappearing age spot?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 08:53:33 AM »
That's so odd!  Are you sure it was an age spot and not a dot of ink from a marker?  I've had marker marks fade away before, but not age spots.

Or maybe it really was an age spot and the pony gods were smiling on you. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 09:08:41 AM »
That's so odd!  Are you sure it was an age spot and not a dot of ink from a marker?  I've had marker marks fade away before, but not age spots.

Or maybe it really was an age spot and the pony gods were smiling on you. :)

I don't think it was ink. It didn't look like ink (that would have had to have been the same brown as an age spot). But none of the other ponies in the group have ink either. Most still have at least partial factory curl and smell new (including Heart Throb). They were actually stored carefully until they ended up in the attic. While it wouldn't say it's impossible, it doesn't seem like it would be likely? Also doesn't ink need light to fade? I had her packed in a bubble wrap bag, in a tote under my bed. There's a little light, but it's pretty dark under there from all the blankets I have covering the sides lol.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 09:21:51 AM »
From what I understand cancer is totally permanent (as opposed to other marks that may or may not remove depending) I have never heard of it up and leaving. In the ponies in my herd it has only ever stayed as is or in a few cases, gotten worse.

If you actually had a real cancer spot that was cured somehow then that is HUGE news for the pony community! I think it's likely a misdiagnosis (from everything I know about Cancer) but good golly, if you found a cure.....!!

I wonder why the one on her neck still remains or what random environmental cocktail could have caused it to go away!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 09:27:16 AM »
From what I understand cancer is totally permanent (as opposed to other marks that may or may not remove depending) I have never heard of it up and leaving. In the ponies in my herd it has only ever stayed as is or in a few cases, gotten worse.

Which is why I'm so confused! Last I knew it wasn't supposed to up and leave lol. It doesn't quite match up to anything else that I'm aware exists but still somehow disappeared on it's own.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 12:19:37 PM »
I really wonder about the ponies I have then in containers. Maybe some of their marks went way but, the last one I checked was 4-Speed. His age spots didnt go away.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 01:03:36 PM »
None of the others from that group did. It was just her.

I beheaded her and held her up to the light to see if I could find evidence of something else going on. But I don't think I see anything abnormal. Just a ring of flaky plastic (looks like it was an edge that got trimmed and ended up inside her) to explain her very slight rattle, and what look like tiny plastic flakes peppered through her legs. Pulled some up on a cotton swab and it kinda reminds me of the smaller dandruff particles colored in the pink of her body or the brown of the spots.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 05:03:37 PM »
None of the others from that group did. It was just her.

I beheaded her and held her up to the light to see if I could find evidence of something else going on. But I don't think I see anything abnormal. Just a ring of flaky plastic (looks like it was an edge that got trimmed and ended up inside her) to explain her very slight rattle, and what look like tiny plastic flakes peppered through her legs. Pulled some up on a cotton swab and it kinda reminds me of the smaller dandruff particles colored in the pink of her body or the brown of the spots.

well good luck on figuring out this mystery -getting out the popcorn-

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 08:21:49 AM »
I have never seen an actual age spot disappear. But if it was just any other random brown spot... I know I have had ponies with colour spots that were traces of crayon or marker and they eventually just went away. I don't know if they faded or if the colour was absorbed into the plastic over time.
-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal