collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell us your most Devastating pony story - 2  (Read 5407 times)

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us your most Devastating pony story - 2
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2015, 02:04:24 PM »
When I was 5 my ponies were hand-me-downs from my cousins. Included in that group was Fireball (whom I renamed "Firebum", because he had a fireball on his bum - 5 year old logic!) and he was my favourite.
I took him with me on a family holiday to Australia, and while we were staying at a resort there I took him to a play area. I ended up leaving the play area without him and by the time I realised and we rushed back he had gone. :cry: I really hope the kid who picked up him appreciated him as much as I did!

What sucks is that I have managed to obtain two separate Fireballs since and both had cut tails that the seller hadn't mentioned in the description. :throw:

I have also since since sold, lost or given away most of my childhood ponies. I only have Brightglow (who has one stripe missing from her hair after I stupidly cut it out when I was younger) and Pony Bride left. However, when cleaning out their childhood rooms one of my cousins found that she had some ponies she hadn't given to me! It was Baby Gusty and a baby sea pony and they're in wonderful condition. I guard them with my life now. :lol:
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 02:27:42 PM »
I cleaned and put my ponies away inside the Grooming Parlour with all the accessories and told my Mum and Dad I wanted to keep them. Someone (my Mum) gave them away.  I think that may be part of the reason I am aiming to have a kick-ass collection now that I'm a bit older.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 04:35:50 PM »
Oh my, that "friend" makes me sick, how could one do that?? -_-

Once upon a time I didn't pay much attention to pony release news online. On two different occasions I passed up a FS Applejack in stores in favor of a Transformer figure thinking "She will show up again." It was  only later that I found out that Applejack was the rare one.  x-x

ouch, nooooo.... similar thing happened to me too. It was my birthday and we were on a shopping tour (mainly groceries for later that day) and we also entered a toystore because my daughter wanted to check for the new Schleich releases. Let me explain that I didnt like the G4 much in the beginning so you can understand why I did what I did lol... My husband said I could pick any pony I liked for my birthday and I started checking out what ponies they had. There was FS Applejack in all her glory plus a few other I dont clearly remember. I remember I was fascinated that the new ponies had an Applejack pony but did I pick her? Noooo... I clearly remember me saying "Oh I dont like her and shes pricey, Id rather get something else." Yeah, 15€ was too much for my taste XD I left her and never saw her in stores again.

(The good side of the story is : I later got an FS AJ from a friend who found her in a store in Hamburg for 10€ two years later, phew! Lol.)
I had a dream that I found one at a thrift store once. In said dream I found her hidden amongst some plushies I was digging through.

I'm still hoping I'll find one out and about in the future. I might have a better chance after G4 dies and all the pre-teens start getting rid of them because they're not "cool" anymore.

Offline Shaymin568

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »
I grew up with G3's so I had the Celebration Castle and another playset. My mother was not a fan of My Little Ponies (she apparently was a teenager when G1 came out) and as a consequence for a menial childhood offense, she made me go with her with the playsets and good amount of ponies in white garbage bags to the donation bin. (The kind with the dumping mechanism) Thus an 8 year old me was forced to watch their beloved Ponies go right into the black donation box.  :cry: Its been years since and I've definitely gotten over it, but to a kid it's almost traumatizing.....

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2015, 07:20:50 PM »
It breaks my heart to read all of these accounts of parents heartlessly getting rid of their kid's toys. What ever happened to communication with a child?! What lesson do they teach, beyond "you can't trust your parents"? :( /rantover
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2015, 10:10:38 PM »
Yeah. I can understand getting rid of broken toys, or toys that I know for a solid fact that a kid doesn't play with anymore, but I would never ever get rid of her favorites.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2015, 04:48:20 AM »
I grew up with G3's so I had the Celebration Castle and another playset. My mother was not a fan of My Little Ponies (she apparently was a teenager when G1 came out) and as a consequence for a menial childhood offense, she made me go with her with the playsets and good amount of ponies in white garbage bags to the donation bin. (The kind with the dumping mechanism) Thus an 8 year old me was forced to watch their beloved Ponies go right into the black donation box.  :cry: Its been years since and I've definitely gotten over it, but to a kid it's almost traumatizing.....

That breaks my heart :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2015, 11:57:28 AM »

That makes me sick! If I had a kid, I could never do something like that to them as a punishment. There are far better options.

My story probably isn't anything that bad, but it still is bad to me. I started collecting when I was 9. G1's run had ended but in those days it was easy to find them in flea markets. By the time I was 13 I had a sizeable collection of about 150 ponies (but nothing super rare except that I did have Mimic). I also had lots of MOC ponies......Sunspot, My Little Puppy Labaradors, some random baby seapony, Glory which I had found at a flea market for $3!  I had lots of neat MLP merchandise too, one memorable one being a vinyl record from MLP the Movie.
Some of the loose ponies held a lot of nostalgia for me. And then, at the age of 13, I sort of stopped collecting because I was tired of people at school making fun of me. So I let my brother sell my entire collection on eBay so the family could go on a cruise (and my collection funded over $500 of that cruise). And how was the cruise? It SUCKED. I was having my monthly time and it was a bad one, and I also cought a serious flu. I had a fever of 103 degrees. I couldn't even get off the boat when it docked because I was SO sick. I could hardly even walk. I was confined to the room half the trip.

The first G3's came out when I was 15. I heard about them online and went to Toys R Us and saw them for the very first time. I was immediately in love! I came home with the first original few bought by my mom.....Kimono, Sparkleworks, Rainbow Dash, Minty, Pinkie Pie, Sunny Daze.....maybe some others. I started to seriously regret selling my old collection and all my memories. I dug through some things and found I had three childhood ponies left.....minty Doodles and Noodles and a fair Rosey Love. I started collecting again. I now have almost 1000 ponies. I will NEVER sell my ponies again! I had to learn my lesson the hard way. If I think I will regret parting with something, I don't sell it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2015, 12:05:08 PM »
To my mind, since toys belong to the child, not the parent, getting rid of them without the child's consent is the same as taking anything that doesn't belong to you and selling/disposing of it. Kids ought to have a say in the fate of their own toys, it's part of the growing up process to be able to make decisions on your own property and then learning the consequences of those decisions. With no offence to the people or their families involved, I feel that getting rid of anything belonging to the kid as a punishment for whatever is just unpleasant.

If my mother had done that I'd have had no toys as a kid, period.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Jacquelyn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 01:32:12 PM »
Give away my beloved childhood pony collection when I was thirteen! There were around 100 G1 ponies Princesses, Summer Wings, Rainbow Curl, Big and Little Brothers, Sea Ponies pretty much everything! I had really good taste and collected them seriously for many years! I regretted it so much and for years didn't even want to collect ponies even though I collected all my other childhood favourites! My only consolation is that I played with them a lot and tended to trash my toys so at least they weren't in great condition.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2015, 09:00:31 AM »
I can add a new postscript to this discussion now.

Today my Dad got down from the attic some more bits and pieces for my sister's pony collection. Her shells, floats etc are all fine and ready to be put with the rest of her ponies.

Since Naynie's ponies came down, one has been missing. Daisy Dancer. Well, today I found her. She was safely stowed in a shoebox, and her earring and her curls are intact.

Unfortunately, in the years that she's been in storage, Daisy Dancer has suffered some damage from actions done to her before she even came to live with us and without our knowledge. Someone obviously used stain removal cream on her stomach and hooves quite liberally, leaving her with several beige patches.

I have just had to send my sister an email to let her know that the pony that was missing has been found, but that she's suffered irreversably from someone's reckless decision to "clean up" a pony to make a few bucks more, fifteen or more years ago.

My sister's not too fussy with her pony conditions, and she would have adopted Daisy with the original ink marks. I think she'll be more upset to know that this happened to her completely out of her control.

It's also the only Daisy Dancer in our collection. Because Naynie had her, I haven't tried to get one of my own, but now I feel like I probably will have to as an upgrade, because I know my sister won't replace her (she loves all her ponies, no matter what their condition, so no matter how upset she is, I know she'll keep her regardless)

It's very sad though. First time I've ever encountered it happening on one of our ponies :-/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2015, 11:46:31 AM »
i took my baby tiddlywinks to asda and i must have dropped her we looked all down the isles we had gone down but no sign of her  in tears all the way home :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal