collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canadian ponies, help me!  (Read 933 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Canadian ponies, help me!
« on: September 21, 2013, 02:01:04 AM »
Just what the topic says - I need some Canadians or folks who are familiar with shops there! Er, here!

I'm in Canada for the weekend, and I am DETERMINED to find some Canadian exclusive ponies, stuff I can't find in the States! Does anyone know what I should be looking for, or where? I'm in Vancouver, if it helps!

Thank you in advance! Also, if anyone knows about Monster High dolls here too... xD

(I'm without a computer so I can't search for old topics as well as I'd like, so I apologize if this was answered recently!)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian ponies, help me!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 05:59:54 AM »
So to disappoint but Canada doesn't have anything the States doesn't lol heck we don't even have the masquerade ponies yet which is making me mad.

Enjoy your stay :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 06:25:11 AM »
I was just going to say we're usually behind when it comes to getting things, except for the favorites set at Costco which we got like 3 weeks before it got released in the US lol
Best of luck pony hunting in second hand stores though, maybe you'll have better luck in that area :)

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 06:34:54 AM »
Yeah that Costco set blew me away hahaha we are always sooo behind!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:28:04 AM »
the only thing i know about canada ist hat they have kiji kinda like craigslist. and   Value village which is a thrift store.   i know that they haf  bandaids up there.   and  i think that you cna get the my little pony  twilight sparkle nightlights up in canada at  wallmart. nad the costco set!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 11:45:49 AM »
I haven't heard of any Canadian exclusives as yet but there were some items such as the Star Dreams/Applejack set, Rainbow Dash camping, Schoolhouse which although they were supposed to have complete North American releases only seemed to make it to Canada for some reason. But I think everything now seems to be hitting stores equally.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »
I haven't heard of any Canadian exclusives as yet but there were some items such as the Star Dreams/Applejack set, Rainbow Dash camping, Schoolhouse which although they were supposed to have complete North American releases only seemed to make it to Canada for some reason. But I think everything now seems to be hitting stores equally.

I think the above mentioned sets probably hit Canada as well, because Canada is part of North America :)

Which is why Canadians such as myself get so frustrated when some ebay sellers in the US refuse to ship to Canada stating that they don't ship internationally (We're not International) lol, we're on the same continent :P

Sorry that was a little off topic :blush:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:17:45 PM by MikeysGrrrl »

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »
There's nothing really. Canada doesn't get many ponies, and they cost much more than they do in the U.S.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »
The most I can tell you is that a store called Toys Toys Toys (if they are in Vancouver, I'm not sure) sells G 3.5 stuff. You may come across some older MH dolls there as well (I spotted a dead tired Draculaura recently).

Otherwise you can check out Superstore because it's questionable what stock they might have (I found the Star Dreams/AJ pack and the CMC and Cheerilee set in European packaging last year). They also were starting to clear out the Canterlot Target exclusives last I checked two months ago, though I haven't been in a while so I don't know what the status is on them.

Have a nice trip in Canada.

Edit: When Superstore puts items on clearance, they can get cheap, like 75% off-ish.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:34:00 PM by aluke »

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 01:36:37 PM »
Vancouver - cool!  Never been there, but it's beautiful from what I've been told.  Hope you enjoy your stay!

As Lorelei Redfern said, Value Village is usually a pretty good hunting ground.  There are two in VanGroovy:

Spoiler
6415 Victoria Dr
Vancouver
(604) 327-4434

1820 E Hastings St
Vancouver
(604) 254-4282

and a warehouse:

1495 Venables St
Vancouver
(604) 252-9509

I'm afraid I've no idea about the neighbourhoods they're in, but VV is usually worth a visit or two. ^.^  I just found a small mess of ponies today at mine here out east: four G3s, two G1s, a Design-a-Pony, and a few assorted licensed fakies.

Google suggests the Vancouver Flea Market (703 Terminal Ave), but the reviews on Yelp.ca suggest you avoid it like the plague. :huh:  Can't say for sures, as I've never been.

Anyway, hope you have a great trip, and do let us know if you find any treasures up here! ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »
Yeah, the nightlights and the squishy Mash-Em ponies are at our Walmarts if you haven't gotten them in the US yet... Otherwise, we really just have the same ponies or less right now; I haven't seen a Star Dreams/AJ set in a year. I did see some leftover G3.5s at TRU a month or two ago? XD Independent comic stores might be good places to look for G4 stuff, though.

Superstore does tend to have older stuff, and mine also has remnants of the Canterlot Target exclusives. It might be worth checking one, but it's really hit or miss as to what they'll have.

Monster High-wise... I'm afraid we don't have anything that isn't also in the US (and we don't always get all the exclusives either) TRU.ca has I <3 Fashion Scarah/Clawdeen up but out of stock, so they miiiiight show up in stores soon. And at least in my province there sadly isn't much in the way of older stock either. Walmart may have some older fashion packs kicking around. WM also has some dolls on special for $10 right now. Superstore may also be your best bet for the chance of finding any older stock. :)

And thrifting = always good ^.^ Have a lovely time in Van, it's a great city!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »

I think the above mentioned sets probably hit Canada as well, because Canada is part of North America :)

Which is why Canadians such as myself get so frustrated when some ebay sellers in the US refuse to ship to Canada stating that they don't ship internationally (We're not International) lol, we're on the same continent :P

Um :) I was saying that the only part of North America that the sets reached was Canada :) They never seemed to get to the US. Hence almost an unofficial Canadian exclusive within North America at least :P
Loa is my love god!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 03:44:54 PM »

Um :) I was saying that the only part of North America that the sets reached was Canada :) They never seemed to get to the US. Hence almost an unofficial Canadian exclusive within North America at least :P

Sorry, my bad :blush: I misunderstood lol

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »

Sorry, my bad :blush: I misunderstood lol

Or I mistyped :P Always possible with me!
Loa is my love god!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 04:05:22 PM »
Well, if you're interested in merch and not just ponies then TrU has a. MLP laptop in the toy section...not *positive* about what it does, but they're htere. I've also seen walkie talkies, the Mashems in 2 packs (not blind bag...these were at Walmart as well as the Ginormous taliking Twilight Spectacle) and TrU also has this clear little carry aound bag full of stickers and whatnot.
As for MH, I've seen Headless Headmistress, the chem lab sets with 2 characters (oneven had a boy in it!)
There's also a clear Twilight Sparkle nightlight as well as the paited one.z

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal