collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone remember these? (G3 furniture PC)  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Does anyone remember these? (G3 furniture PC)
« on: July 02, 2013, 05:27:05 PM »
So I went digging through my piles 'o pony, and I found some G3 doubles that I forgot I had, and I figured I should try to sell them! ... but I have no idea what to charge! :blush: See, I know that G3s are mostly around retail (especially the Core 7), but I've honestly never seen these two furniture sets up for sale on the Arena - or anywhere! - and I'm wondering if everyone's collectively forgotten about them! Were they just never that popular? Or were they ignored due to the collector's fatigue that settled in around that time in the G3 era? :P

Does anyone know what they should be priced? I don't even remember what they retailed for! :blush:

There's the Crystal Rainbow Bedroom
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And the Crystal Rainbow Dining Room (I love that little trolley and tea-set!)

Also, if anyone knows any PCs/retail prices for these next items, please let me know? :blush: Thank you very much!!

Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone remember these? (G3 furniture PC)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 06:12:41 PM »
I just priced my complete Crystal Rainbow bedroom set (loose) at $10.  I found two examples in ended Ebay auctions and $10 was the median price of the two.  I'm not sure what the MIB price would be though.  Sorry, no other info on the other sets though. :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
Those are cute! I had no idea that there were G3 furniture sets! I don't think they ever made it to the stores near me. I do remember seeing the school set.  :)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:14:14 PM »
I agree with $10 for the crystal rainbow bedroom set (maybe even up to $15, it's a cute set! )

I would think $8-10 for the dining room :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »
I agree with $10 for the crystal rainbow bedroom set (maybe even up to $15, it's a cute set! )

I would think $8-10 for the dining room :)

Thank you Partypony, Cookhuman and Eaglefeather! I was just hoping to get retail back on them mostly, but I can't even recall what retail was!! :blush: Thank you!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline cards4me

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+144)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Bonanza Cards4me
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »
The Crystal Rainbow furniture wasn't out for very long. Some people who wanted it had a hard time finding it at retail. A couple years later now I don't know what the demand is but I would guess there are still people looking. I think $20 each set.

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 06:40:40 PM »
The Crystal Rainbow furniture wasn't out for very long. Some people who wanted it had a hard time finding it at retail. A couple years later now I don't know what the demand is but I would guess there are still people looking. I think $20 each set.

Thanks cards4me! I don't think I was on the Arena when these were released, so I have no clue whether they were in demand or just ignored because ... well, it's My Little PONY, not My Little Bedroom Set. :lmao: But I know some people were searching for the Crystal Rainbow Castle not too long ago, so I figure, maybe they want some furniture too? ;)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 05:35:21 AM »
They were really hard to track down I remember that - they had a weird distribution if I remember rightly.

You are right they hardly ever come up for sale here and even on ebay they are not common, MIB or loose. However, I dont think being hard to find equates directly to value.

I would be asking $15-16 for each set.

$5-6 for Little Rainbow Dashes room - it pops up a lot for sale so dont be surprised if it struggles to sell initially.

Go to School with Cheerilee - $8
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Cindyville

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 07:41:54 AM »
Yes, back when the Bedroom and Dining room sets were at stores like TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc (retail leftovers), they were selling on ebay for 35$.

But, that's back when a new Crystal Palace would go for 200.   Back when there first stopped being ANY playsets made for G3s.     That was my biggest MLP "obsession" - I'd check Craigslist, ebay, Goodwill, Yardsales, etc, for any pieces in most any condition, and then I'd put together the full castle+furniture+accessories, and resell.   At that time (the year after Crystal Palace release, and the next 2-4+ years after that), I'd find enough to keep me going, and sell them high enough to make it a "responsible" way to spend the time when maybe I should have been doing something else ;)

Anyway.   In more recent years, I randomly come across a castle, got all kinds of excited, but the found they were not in demand by the general public so much anymore.  (Meaning, not collectors - just parents whose child had happened to get into MLP and wanted a "house" for them)

By now, the kids the right age to play with them have had the newer style all along, for the most part. 

BTW - Walmart (I think it was Walmart) sold the Crystal Rainbow Castle packaged with the "bonus" Dining Room set.  Most other retailers sold it without that furniture added.

PS - Thank you for the picture!    I've had some of those plates of food stored with my Barbie stuff, and been stumped what they go with on a few go-rounds!   NOW, I totally remember!  They have holes in the bottom to hook to that table.  I remembered that's what the holes were for, but totally thought it was for something Barbie.

???? - I cannot see it in the picture, but maybe it's there behind the cardboard --- are there bunny slippers or something with it?  I recall maybe a satiny robe and some slippers for Rainbow Dash... but, that could have been part of a retailer's "exclusive" packaging, or maybe they came with the Castle, rather than with the bedroom.    (hmmm, I'm kinda sad that I don't remember that part of it anymore.)

Post Merge: July 04, 2013, 07:49:47 AM

Also... You might be able to find the listings on Amazon, if you check the "Include Out of Stock" box  (in the category column, it only appears after you've drilled down a bit in the categories.)

And, if you do actually want to sell the NIB sets, that might be your best place for a high price.      (in that case, Price HIGH to start, and then lower the price after a week or whatever). 

OH MY!   I said high, but not 95$.  It might eventually sell for that, I don't know, but if I had it (and wanted to sell it!) I'd probably put it at 59, given the prices shown on amazon.  http://www.amazon.com/Little-Pony-Crystal-Rainbow-Dining/dp/B000EXYZ3Q/ref=sr_1_17?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1372949295&sr=1-17&keywords=Crystal+Bedroom

Here is the unavailable bedroom http://www.amazon.com/Little-Pony-Crystal-Rainbow-Bedroom/dp/B000EXYZ40/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1372949466&sr=1-2&keywords=Crystal+Bedroom+Pony

Post Merge: July 04, 2013, 07:57:00 AM

Thanks cards4me! I don't think I was on the Arena when these were released, so I have no clue whether they were in demand or just ignored because ... well, it's My Little PONY, not My Little Bedroom Set. :lmao: But I know some people were searching for the Crystal Rainbow Castle not too long ago, so I figure, maybe they want some furniture too? ;)

I think the demand in late 2000's was for people trying to buy it for their child for christmas.    I only ever saw it for sale at second run retailers... I'm not sure when Hasbro released it -- maybe they were late getting it out to go with the Castle, so it ended up languishing at major retailers because they'd already sold out of the castles?   

That said, though, I think I bought a CASTLE at Ollies (a Big Lots type store in the NJ/PA/VA/MD area)... maybe they were late all together getting the stuff out in time for christmas shopping.    (Myself, I bought it at Ollies and held onto it for Christmas for my daughter)  My guess is 34.99 for the castle, 8.99 for the furniture sets -- at "2nd run" retail store)

Anyway.... blah blah blah .... but, I'm remembering  finding another dining room set at ollies, behind something else.   YEAH!!!   

AND, it IS "Pony" because it has the spots where the magnetic hoof activates something.  <3 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:57:00 AM by Cindyville »

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 05:57:18 PM »
Wowsers!! Thanks for the help, Cindyville! I appreciate the info! I'll go take a look and see if there's bunny slippers inside, but I THINK there are! No robe though, you might be thinking of the Sweetsong bonus set that came out?

I've never sold on Amazon before, but, for $60 ... I would be willing to try! :lmao:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal