collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do You Collect them all?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Collect them all?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
No, I do need tp have them all. I have to be wise with my money.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »
As far as blind bags go I only collect them if they are a completely new character or it's a re-released character in a new pose.  For example Cherry Spices was done in Rarity's pose in wave 1 and then in Twilight's pose in wave 6.  So I will get doubles for that.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 02:24:36 PM »
Yes for g1 I am a gotta have it all girl. I am only a baby princess sparkle variant away from a complete g1 uk and us collection. But all those lovely extra accessories still to collect...I dont mind doubles of those.

What does the Baby Princess Sparkle variant look like? How's she different? I've heard rumors about her variant but I haven't see pics yet.

If you were to describe the more common Baby Princess Sparkle has having a reddish-purple symbol then the variant has a blueish-purple colour [almost like the colour of Glory's purple hair].

And I need to send you a pm!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NorthernFlower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 04:01:33 AM »
I m collecting all of them    except g3,5.
I play that they are different breeds  ;)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 06:18:15 AM »
I try to collect every character, especially with the brushables. There are some things I've intentionally skipped, like the original moulded gift set, the Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy design ponies, and variants like the Canterlot Ball set and Europe Daisy Dreams. I've also skipped repeats with the blind bags, like the mane 6. I would like wave 2 blindbags and FS Applejack, but unless they are rereleased, I won't be getting them. I think I will skip wave 8 blindbags too because I don't like neon colors and there are only a few new characters that I hope are rereleased in solid moulds. I don't have the money or space for everything! My G4 collection, however, is rather large and impressive.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 06:21:40 AM »
I'm not really a "Got to Catch'em All" collector.. Don't have the space and with G4 I see no point in it with all the re-issued Main 6...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 06:27:45 AM »
I made a list of how I collect each gen.

G1: Those I like
G2: Well... I think all of them are pretty :P
G3: Those I like
G3.5: There are so few, I can't get around having them all :silly:
G4: All brushables

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 06:42:08 AM »
I don't really have a gotta get them all mentality with the blind bags. I didn't even get my first one until this past Christmas, and by then it was like wave 5 or 6. I would like to get all the boy ones.....just because I don't see hasbro releasing any more brushable boys any time soon. I have the gotta get them all mentality with the brushables though. Not counting all the re-releases, I would like to eventually have one of every US released pony from G1 to G4...and beyond if they keep going. lol

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »
I just collect what I like, but I don't mind having a few different versions of a pony I like. My favourites are G2, but I also have some G4s because they are too cute  ^.^ I also have a couple of G1s and G3s that I like, but I don't own any (yet!).

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 09:28:40 AM »
I'd like to try and collect them all  :lol:!! With G4, I have repeat characters but they all have something different.  A good example of this is my Pinkie army. I have the regular Pinkie Pie, Tinsel haired Pinkie Pie, Valentines Pinkie Pie, Shine Bright Pinkie Pie, all essentially the same character but there is something different.  I shall be doing the same with all the "mane 6" characters as much as I can.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »
I collect them all... as in everything. All generations. I love them all, but I'm seriously considering downsizing for the first time ever. There is just so much stuff involved and I'm running out of space. We'll see if I actually go through with it or not. :p
I'm *almost* gotta have them all with G1's, but I won't keep two showstables just because that set was also a early mail order offer. On the other hand I have small armies of some ponies because I can't decide which to keep.  :blush: Finally having all my collection almost together (a few more boxes left at my folks, but they sent over most) it's unreal how much space the g1's packed away take up, unpackad it's going to be HUGE because I have some of the playsets really taken apart to save on storage space (like the Paradise Estate). I'd need an entire house if I wanted it all, for every generation. G2's, G3's, G4's, I have tiny collections and just keep the ones I like best, even so I'm thinking of downsizing those collections further.

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 11:44:58 AM »
I'd like to be able to collect all of the G1 ponies, but with all the Nirvanas that's an impossibility.
Almost completed G3 though. Only eight more to go.
Even have most of G3.5 (why didn't they make a Minty??!)
With G4, stopped collecting the repeats of the same characters and have no interest in blind bags or gimicy action toys.

when they release more characters I'll start buying again.

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal