collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria LA Anyone?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
Re: Equestria LA Anyone?
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 08:24:17 AM »
By the way, Enterplay has quietly announced that the Ditzy Doo promo will be available at Equestria LA (as a bonus when you buy a poster)

The announcement is quiet in that it's a bit subtle; the Ditzy Doo picture on Enterplay's site previously had the caption "only at New York Comic Con", but now it has the caption "only at Equestria LA".

Hopefully they'll give out some other promos too (maybe Pinkie and AJ?).

Make sure you guys tell me all about your saturday experience! :biggrin:
Sneaky Enterplay! Awesome news for those of us who couldn't go to NYCC because of the being on the other side of the country thing though XP

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 09:39:27 PM »
Oh man.

Well, A) I had a wonderful time, but...

I did not get my hands on that particular promo! Aw, well... I picked up the AJ card for my brother because he was stuck at the table, and then someone came around to make sure all the vendors got a card, so I got his!

I am sure I came home with enough swag, anyway...

Offline Rarityfan2011

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 12:32:25 AM »
I was there by livestream chat.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 11:33:03 AM »
Pictures?  Horror stories?  C'mon attendees, we want to hear all about it! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 12:00:01 PM »
Yeah!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »

LOL!! Guuuuuuurl I do what I WANT! :P

Well, from my side of things - it was actually super fun! After hearing horror stories from Everfree Northwest and Canterlot Gardens (Bronies being awful, throwing around slurs and harassing people, someone even got choked!), I was prepared for the worst, but it actually was pretty awesome! There was a lot of cult-ish "YOU are the greatest fandom, YOU made this all happen!," but aside from disturbing similarities to the Moonies, it was good! (It was made better that, every time a Brony would ask a ridiculous/NSFW question in the panels, me and my friend would look at each other and gag.)

I gave the Arena a big shout-out in my panel, hee hee, I was like, "if you wanna know how to rehair, just go to the customs forum here and read tutorials!" so hopefully the people who came to my panel will be showing up here! XD And I even threw in a warning, like, "DO NOT bait the ponies you find in your mom's basement, I will have collectors come beat me up if you bait a Mimic!!" Although I ran out of time at the end, and things got hurried along, hopefully it wasn't too much of a mad rush and made sense to the folks I was chatting with. ;)

I bought WAY too much stuff and had a lot of fun - but there wasn't a lot to do, beyond cruising the dealer's hall (it wasn't super big, so that went by quick) and watching panels, and sometimes the panels weren't great. And unfortunately, they had one NSFW panel, and I just - don't know why they had it? I saw tons of little kids, and I really hope none of them wandered in there for that part. :/ But other than that, I had fun, and there was even a G1 display! I chatted with a lot of customizers and artists (for lack of anything better to do, LOL!), and I met up with some friends, and just generally had a great weekend!

Oh, and I bought a mint Mimic with her backcard for $26, but no biggie. ;)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 02:43:11 PM »

Now thats worth the trip to any Con! Congrats!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Bread

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 04:09:40 PM »
I had a lot of fun as well!

The people there were really nice, and a lot of them had interesting costumes. One person's costume looked like a walking fausticorn plushie. There was also a guy dressed as a muscular white pegasus with tiny wings, who everyone seemed to call snowflake. XD

The panels, especially the voice actors' and show developers', were really fun as well. Tara Strong's twitter jokes and sneaky plushie-grabbing ways never seem to get old.  :P

At various points during the con, the panel room's speakers would start blasting gangnam style and everyone joined in on the dance (one instance of this happened near the end of the VA panel.) I'm pretty sure most of the sudden dancing was recorded on the livesteam, so you guys can watch them on the recording once it gets uploaded to youtube.

I unfortunately didn't bring a lot of money, and my mom wouldn't lend me much, so the only things I was able to buy were a set of walmart posters for $10, a hat for my sister for $20, and an autograph from Meghan McCarthy (although I had my mom get that for me). I'll make sure to bring a lot more money next time, especially for autographs, since my mom is so unwilling to buy some.  :P
I did get a few freebies, though: a seeds of kindness pin, 3 applejack promos (my mom and sister each got one and gave them to me), and an enterplay lanyard.

My mom had to drive my sister home around 3:00 or 4:00 (so she could do some homework). That ended up taking us a couple hours, so I unfortunately missed both the charity auction and the closing ceremony. ( I later found out that my sister didn't even do her homework when she got home, so I missed the last events for nothing! )

By the time my mom got us back to the con, it was about 6:00, so we headed for the documentary screening. Due to traffic, though, we missed the first twenty minutes (I'm just going to blame that on my sister :P ). I was able to understand the documentary from the point we started at, though.
Interestingly, the documentary wasn't actually finished yet (it had placeholders for animations and John De Lancie's interview), though from what I saw, it was quite good ( especially John De Lancie's cute little songs about the fandom ). The crowd was cheering every time they saw someone they recognized, such as sethisto, laserpon3, manliest brony, purple tinker, and thelivingtombstone. There was also a moment where a guy in the documentary was convinced to become a brony, and lots of cheering came from that.

I overall had a fantastic time! I really need to go to more of these cons!

Offline Zenobiaa

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
Woooaaah, where was this at? You lucky duck XP

I loved it! I didn't catch all the panels I wanted to go to, since for some reason the ones I wanted to see were ALL on Saturday and I wanted to have time to walk around the stalls before much of the good stuff got looted, but I did see the rehairing presentation Snapdragon put on X3 (I was going to say something to you but I pulled a Fluttershy at the last minute :x I was the girl with the purple glasses and MUFFINS shirt if you're curious though XP).

I liked the references to G1 the convention had. There were pictures of G1s taped to the registration tables and a display with a nice collection of G1s (Mimic and Flutter ponies with wings xOx). The stalls had lots of tempting goodies as well, I would've bought lots more if only money grew on trees. But I still got a fair amount of stuff (my favorite is probably the little peanut that someone painted to look like :muffin: Pony <3).

I really wished I could have taken pictures though. I forgot my phone so I told my brother to take pictures (my mom wanted him to send her some anyway) but of course he didn't do much more than snap one of a coloring book I bought anyway. I didn't talk to too many people either but I did find it amusing to see people trying to talk ponies with my non-brony/pony fan dad.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 09:03:28 PM »

I loved it! I didn't catch all the panels I wanted to go to, since for some reason the ones I wanted to see were ALL on Saturday and I wanted to have time to walk around the stalls before much of the good stuff got looted, but I did see the rehairing presentation Snapdragon put on X3 (I was going to say something to you but I pulled a Fluttershy at the last minute :x I was the girl with the purple glasses and MUFFINS shirt if you're curious though XP).

Eeehehehe, you remember the G1 display? Apparently she was looking to sell some of them, but she didn't mention it or make it really public. And so at the end I was like, "Uh, how much you want for Mimic?" and she said, "oh, um, is $10 too much?"

@_@

I talked her UP because I didn't want to rip her off QUITE so badly, and she refused the $30 I tried to push on her, LOL.

But yayyyy, thank you for coming to my panel!! :heart: I hope it made sense? And wasn't too frenetic? XD I think I may have recognized your shirt, but now I can't remember what your face looked like! Dang!! But thanks for coming anyway! If you come to the spring con, we'll have to say hi! :D We can go in steps, LOL! First con, stare at each other creepily, second con, say hi then run away, third con, share a sentence... :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Zenobiaa

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »

Eeehehehe, you remember the G1 display? Apparently she was looking to sell some of them, but she didn't mention it or make it really public. And so at the end I was like, "Uh, how much you want for Mimic?" and she said, "oh, um, is $10 too much?"

@_@

I talked her UP because I didn't want to rip her off QUITE so badly, and she refused the $30 I tried to push on her, LOL.

But yayyyy, thank you for coming to my panel!! :heart: I hope it made sense? And wasn't too frenetic? XD I think I may have recognized your shirt, but now I can't remember what your face looked like! Dang!! But thanks for coming anyway! If you come to the spring con, we'll have to say hi! :D We can go in steps, LOL! First con, stare at each other creepily, second con, say hi then run away, third con, share a sentence... :lmao:
Really? Boy I wish I'd known that, I was drooling over half the ponies there XP Actually I didnt even get to see whose display it was. Every time I passed by no body was there save the people looking at it. I thought it was just part of the con if that makes sense. That was such a stroke of luck for you if you actually had to talk someone up for Mimic (Maybe Mimic was happy you told everyone not to cut her up XD)

You did great on that presentation! It was informative and also really entertaining. I dont think you went too fast or anything. Plus the tutorials and websites you recommended would probably help any one who was still confused.

Baby steps yes! XD Maybe we'll be avle to have a full conversation by our 15th convention!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal