collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria LA Anyone?  (Read 1350 times)

Bread

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Equestria LA Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
The EQLA site has now posted info about getting autographs!

They're pricing vouchers at $20 each (except vouchers for Lauren Faust, which are $30), and they're handing out a limited supply of free vouchers for people who show up early.

I don't know how much vouchers usually cost, but $20 per seems a bit pricey (especially since I hope to get autographs from 8 of the special guests)

I unfortunately don't think I can get Lauren Faust's autograph, though, since she's only at the con on saturday.
However, she's also going to be at the documentary screening on sunday, which I'm attending.
Hopefully I can get an autograph from her after the Q&A that takes place after the screening. Do you guys think I might be able to do that?

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 02:06:05 AM »
The EQLA site has now posted info about getting autographs!

They're pricing vouchers at $20 each (except vouchers for Lauren Faust, which are $30), and they're handing out a limited supply of free vouchers for people who show up early.

I don't know how much vouchers usually cost, but $20 per seems a bit pricey (especially since I hope to get autographs from 8 of the special guests)

I unfortunately don't think I can get Lauren Faust's autograph, though, since she's only at the con on saturday.
However, she's also going to be at the documentary screening on sunday, which I'm attending.
Hopefully I can get an autograph from her after the Q&A that takes place after the screening. Do you guys think I might be able to do that?

Oh, I didn't think the vouchers were for free autographs; it looks to me like they might be vouchers for a spot in line? I'm not sure, it's all very unclear.

Seems pricey to me, too, especially since it's a pony-specific con, and you can't really expect folks to drop $100 just to get everyone's autograph. I'm very disappointed, I had been hoping to get some ponies signed, but I just can't afford that much. :(
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 02:39:54 AM »
No. All Pony conventions are hours and hours north of me or hours and hours south of me. I live on the west coast but I don't get the glam of the the west coast.

I hope you all have fun though! Still, I am not too sure I would want to go. It all seems about money. And well...all my spare money, I spend on ponies. Not some person's signature. I know they are celebrities and neat people but they are just people...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 02:56:58 AM »
Autograph prices are normally set by those autographing not by the Con itself and I have a feeling $20-30 was about what they were at BronyCon if I remember the information I read correctly.

Personally for what these are - Cons for My Little Pony as Snapdragon says - I find the prices that seem to be getting charged at these events just a tiny bit expensive.

Last time I was at London Comic Con [and autographs are traditionally much more expensive over here for US stars] autographs for people like Gillian Anderson were in the $60 region however I am thinking Gillian Anderson is a bigger star than just about anyone [save John de Lancie] who will appear at Pony Convention. In the US for big name Con stars like Kate Mulgrew or Levar Burton or Hayden Panettiere autographs are $30-40. Heck Patrick Stewart and William Shatner autorgraphs are traditionally in the $75 region. I honestly would have thought prices at a Pony Con would be less. But then again in order to get these people to attend this is probably the price they are setting to make it worth their while.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 03:21:59 AM »
I'm going! We'll be driving up to eight hours to get there, depending on traffic and stops, but nothing stops an intrepid group of people with a minivan and an artist alley table!

I had originally planned to cosplay Rarity, but unless a miracle happens, my wig will NOT arrive in time-- there were problems in getting it ordered, and... well, I guess these things happen. 

Anyway, I'm a 'support staff artist' at Tinker Tots' table, so that's where I'll be much of the time. And I'll probably be VERY shy-- I was hoping to have a cosplay ready to go, because I have a much easier time being social and outgoing/energetic when I'm in costume. But I do look forward to talking ponies some. There's no place local (hence my family being willing to drive halfway down the state) to go to brony meets, and not many cons in general that are within easy distance for me, let alone MLP-specific.

I will probably pass on all autograph opportunities... I think I'd rather spend my money in the dealers' hall/artists' alley and... I don't know, cross my fingers for next year?

Hey-- this is a long shot, but do any local folks know of good veg-friendly gluten-free dining in the area? Been trying to research it online.

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
I'm going! We'll be driving up to eight hours to get there, depending on traffic and stops, but nothing stops an intrepid group of people with a minivan and an artist alley table!

I had originally planned to cosplay Rarity, but unless a miracle happens, my wig will NOT arrive in time-- there were problems in getting it ordered, and... well, I guess these things happen. 

Anyway, I'm a 'support staff artist' at Tinker Tots' table, so that's where I'll be much of the time. And I'll probably be VERY shy-- I was hoping to have a cosplay ready to go, because I have a much easier time being social and outgoing/energetic when I'm in costume. But I do look forward to talking ponies some. There's no place local (hence my family being willing to drive halfway down the state) to go to brony meets, and not many cons in general that are within easy distance for me, let alone MLP-specific.

I will probably pass on all autograph opportunities... I think I'd rather spend my money in the dealers' hall/artists' alley and... I don't know, cross my fingers for next year?

Hey-- this is a long shot, but do any local folks know of good veg-friendly gluten-free dining in the area? Been trying to research it online.

Oh hey, gluten free!! That's my family too! (Not so much vegetarian, but gluten free for sure!) I dunno about the Anaheim area, but I know Disneyland has been really stepping up its game with having gluten-free options; they even have gluten free pizzas and burgers and stuff! :D

I know PF Chang's has a great gluten-free menu, and Ruby's has gluten-free burger buns (so you could get a veggie patty!), but other than that I'm a little unsure.

If anyone would like to come, I'm giving a presentation on Saturday (10:20AM) about rehairing and customization! :) Come on by!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »

If anyone would like to come, I'm giving a presentation on Saturday (10:20AM) about rehairing and customization! :) Come on by!!
Oooh, you'll be doing that presentation? That's definitely something I was planning to go watch. I look forward to seeing it ^^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 07:35:13 PM »
I really wish I could! I'm a SoCal native but I'm in Indiana for college. Maybe next year!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
mmmeh  I'm not far gone into the fandom I guess LOL, not appealing to me to go to this events at all !!
have a blast  everyone who is going , I will rather have more ponies than paying for an autograph thoug !
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 10:21:24 PM »

Oooh, you'll be doing that presentation? That's definitely something I was planning to go watch. I look forward to seeing it ^^

Yep, that's me! :D That's so cool, I'm glad people are planning to come! I was worried I'd be alone, LOL! Feel free to come grab me after I'm done, I'd love to say hi!

Is anyone going in tomorrow to pick up their tickets early? I'm gonna try to be there right at 3!

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 01:37:53 AM »
I think CA is the closest a big pony con will be to me and I can't even go that far >.< (is broke)

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
I think CA is the closest a big pony con will be to me and I can't even go that far >.< (is broke)

They have an Arizona con too, I think! :D

Bread

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 12:02:22 AM »
By the way, Enterplay has quietly announced that the Ditzy Doo promo will be available at Equestria LA (as a bonus when you buy a poster)

The announcement is quiet in that it's a bit subtle; the Ditzy Doo picture on Enterplay's site previously had the caption "only at New York Comic Con", but now it has the caption "only at Equestria LA".

Hopefully they'll give out some other promos too (maybe Pinkie and AJ?).

Make sure you guys tell me all about your saturday experience! :biggrin:

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 12:41:48 AM »
By the way, Enterplay has quietly announced that the Ditzy Doo promo will be available at Equestria LA (as a bonus when you buy a poster)

The announcement is quiet in that it's a bit subtle; the Ditzy Doo picture on Enterplay's site previously had the caption "only at New York Comic Con", but now it has the caption "only at Equestria LA".

*SHRIEKS WITH GLEE*

>:3 Aw yeah!!! So excited! Wondering, though; did you have to buy things to get the exclusive at EFNW or Bronycon? Hm.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 07:49:19 AM »

*giggle* Great for those going that there will be a card as it was looking like this con would be the only one without. But has someone forgotten to look up the meaning of "exclusive" :P

Hope you guys manage to get one!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal