collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria LA Anyone?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Equestria LA Anyone?
« on: October 27, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »
Is anyone going to Equestria LA (EQLA) this coming weekend? (Nov. 3rd and 4th at the Anaheim Convention Center!) Since it's local and it's ponies, I'll be there, even if it can't compare to the MLPFair! (Oh, if only the Fair would come to the West Coast again ... hint hint!)

I'd love to meet fellow Arena-ites, maybe we could pick a day/time to meet up or something? :D
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline princesswingsong

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://marie-ralston.blogspot.com
Re: Equestria LA Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:56:39 PM »
I didn't realize there was going to be a FIM fair in Anaheim (my home town). Hopefully I'll be able to attend.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Sourdough for my Wing Song Adoptable and to Emiko\'s Pony Maker for my avi!

Bread

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 01:45:18 AM »
I'm going! :biggrin:

It's going to be my first convention, too, so I'm especially excited!

By the way, the EQLA site has released a list of the vendors at the event!

Among the vendors are some big companies such as WeLoveFine and Enterplay, as well as semi-famous bronies such as John Joseco and HotdiggedyDemon!
Michelle Creber(voice of Apple Bloom and singing voice of Sweetie Belle) also has her own booth for some reason! :lol:

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 02:22:40 AM »
Hotdiggetydemon? Huh, who knew? Excited for WLF, Michelle Creber and Enterplay, though!! :D Maybe we'll have an exclusive card?! *dies of glee*
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:14:12 AM »
How do you get to be a famous brony? No actually scratch that...I dont want to know :P

Sounds like a massive event though - I hope you guys have a great time!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Zenobiaa

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »
I'm going both days! I'm so excited, it'll be my first pony convention and the first convention I get to go to that isn't Comic Con (Comic Con's great, but variety is the spice of life after all). I'd love to meet some Arena members there. I won't be wearing anything extremely noticeable, likely just a Ditzy shirt and necklace of my ponysona. But it would be awesome if there was a time set up where we could meet.

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Bread

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »
I was unfortunately only able to get sunday badges (They sold out of 2-day and saturday badges the day right before I bought mine. Talk about bad luck!)

Hopefully I won't miss much, since most of the panels are being repeated on the sunday.

By the way, are you guys also going to the BronyCon Documentary screening on the sunday?

Offline Zenobiaa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 03:37:08 PM »
That's unfortunate. Well you'll still have fun, I'm sure!

I wish I was, but I'm not going to the screening. It would've been too much on top of the admission/hotel/etc.

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 12:07:36 AM »
Yeah, I'm ... not impressed with the Bronycon Documentary, to begin with? And asking us to pay $100 to essentially be a test-audience (AKA, they usually pay YOU to watch their unfinished work :rolleyes: )? No thanks! (Thankfully, I think 'rush' tickets are only $20.)

I'm sorry you won't be able to go the first day, Bread! Maybe we can schedule our Arena-playdate on Sunday! ^_^

Bread

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 06:34:00 AM »
I'm not sure you guys know this, but the documentary screening added the option for $50 pre-sale tickets if you can't afford/don't want a $100 ticket.

I guess they realized that $100 is a bit too much :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
Wait...$100 to see a pre release doc? Lol...as Snap says normally you get paid to sit on these things!

Is this the first showing of the documentary?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Zenobiaa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 04:18:34 PM »
Paying the extra $50 to get the more expensive ticket only gets you a Blu Ray copy of it instead of a digital copy. Not entirely worth it imo.

@hathorcat, yes, this will be the first screening.

Also, I have a question. I could've sworn when we bought tickets that it said kids 13 and under got in free, and they'd get a free ticket at the convention (I even showed this to my dad when he asked if we should buy my non-pony fan 11 year old brother a ticket in case we cant find him a sitter) but I just checked the website and now apparently it's only 10 and under? Did we both not read it right or did it really change?

Bread

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »
Also, I have a question. I could've sworn when we bought tickets that it said kids 13 and under got in free, and they'd get a free ticket at the convention (I even showed this to my dad when he asked if we should buy my non-pony fan 11 year old brother a ticket in case we cant find him a sitter) but I just checked the website and now apparently it's only 10 and under? Did we both not read it right or did it really change?

The site says that kids 10 and under get in free, and kids 13 and under must have a parent or guardian with them.

PolkaDot99

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »
I guess this is sold out now?! :( ugh wish I would have known about this sooner! I could have got my mom to take me since it's SO close!

Offline Zenobiaa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 07:59:21 PM »

The site says that kids 10 and under get in free, and kids 13 and under must have a parent or guardian with them.
I know that's what it says now, but I thought for sure it said otherwise when we registered in September. Maybe Im just imagining things.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal