collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else's Target like this?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else's Target like this?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 02:24:54 PM »
Im on Long Island with multiple targets nearby and a bunch have had pony items on sale :(, I haven't seen too many of the new released at them either.
Hey, I'm on LI, too! Yeah, it's been pretty dry around here lately. When I do see new releases, it's usually weeks after stuff has been found in other states.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline ringlets_

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »
Don't worry it is just the reset.  My Target does it every year.  To get ready for Christmas they clear out the old models and summer toys, then shuffle things around as they make room to expand the areas for movie tie-in toys and other popular toys.  Then after Christmas they shrink things down to make room for summer toys and the cycle just keeps going. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/v/Collections/album105/
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/ringlets_1
Current pony count 1,101 - 519 G1, 23 G2, 407 G3, 14 G3.5, 139 G4. Plus a lot of duplicates. Also doesn't include blind bags, petites, dream beauties, etc.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 04:07:55 PM »
When I found the MLP stuff, it wasn't where it had been before. I started panicking, because Novi Stars had taken over the pony section and I was freaking out because I thought the ponies were gone!

They were an aisle back. More than likely your Target hasn't reset yet, but I'm definitely not seeing any reason why any stores would stop carrying MLP stuff since Hasbro keeps making it and Target gets a fair amount of exclusives.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

TurbinePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 04:18:31 PM »
Must've been moved around... I sorta panicked about that last time i was at target but they just moved it an isle away. I would expect it to be next to Littlest Pet Shop stuff but it was moved. Maybe reorganization.  :huh:

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 08:41:37 PM »
it's not much of a mystery. I used to work at Target. Probably what is going on is that your store has very poor toy sales, and in that case, corporate just doesn't send toys for very very long periods of time. The store I worked out has missed entire waves of ponies simply because it wasn't profitable to order them.

The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »
it's not much of a mystery. I used to work at Target. Probably what is going on is that your store has very poor toy sales, and in that case, corporate just doesn't send toys for very very long periods of time. The store I worked out has missed entire waves of ponies simply because it wasn't profitable to order them.
I just thought it was odd considering the fact that they have all of these Target exclusives on the way. Seems like a silly business decision to make now.
link

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »
I just thought it was odd considering the fact that they have all of these Target exclusives on the way. Seems like a silly business decision to make now.

Target often does things that make absolutely no sense. I'm not surprised in the least. lol.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »
My Target re-arranged a whole bunch of toys (and it looks like they got rid of their Sylvanian knock-offs without actually ever marking them down) but the ponies didn't move.

I wouldn't worry about it yet; maybe they're just late on the reset.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 09:59:42 PM »
My local Target, Kmart, and Walmarts are like this too. Just a normal reset. If you go back and search you will find posts like this at this time every year!

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 09:28:21 AM »
I've also noticed within this year Target has moved and rearranged their pony section. They used to have a massive one, then I noticed all their G4s were put on an end cap with an uber sale around the beginning of this year. And then they were kind of put in the back in a teeny tiny section.

The Targets around here are still selling ponies, but they don't seem to have such a large inventory any more. It seems they have other toylines that the priority. Which happens sometimes as contracts change between stores and suppliers. It's just the business world. Move on to the stores that DO carry the products you want. Or send feedback to Target, letting them know what you want to see on their shelves.

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »
Well, another Target in the area had a much bigger, better stocked pony section today! Too bad I'm broke! I think I'm going to that one from now on, instead of my usual stinky Target :silly:
link

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »
Ah, my Target seems to have reset within the last few days. More stock too! yay!

Offline Souffaloufagous

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 07:56:22 PM »
My usual target didn't do this, but the one a few towns over did and i was soooo bummed when I went to check!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal