collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No wonder these sets didn't make it to the States!  (Read 2278 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
No wonder these sets didn't make it to the States!
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »
I just got Cheerilee's School House and Sweet Slumbers playsets, sent by a dear friend of mine from Canada. I looked on the bottom of the bed and the school house and they both say "Represented by: Hasbro Europe ".

Cheerilee's Picnic set also comes with Sweet Slumbers, but my friend said they were sold out at the time in Real Canadian Superstore.

So these 3 sets are distributed by Hasbro UK, which is why we've never seen them in American stores.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: No wonder these sets didn't make it to the States!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:51:47 PM »
That's crazy. I'm glad I had someone from the Arena get them for me!  ;)

:frolic:

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:52:19 PM »
Interesting. I got my Star Dreams Baby Pony from Taobao.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline StarlightGaze

• Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:03:22 PM »
I'm curious if there are any other Hasbro Europe sets. I know about the international ponies like Skywishes, Daisy Dreams, Rainbow Flash, and Starswirl, and also the French exclusive yellow carriage that comes with Rarity's Carousel Boutique.

The only set I'm having a really hard time finding now is Rarity's Carousel Boutique. I started buying ponies just this last March, so I don't know if I was just really unlucky to not find any in stock anywhere.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »
I'm curious if there are any other Hasbro Europe sets. I know about the international ponies like Skywishes, Daisy Dreams, Rainbow Flash, and Starswirl, and also the French exclusive yellow carriage that comes with Rarity's Carousel Boutique.

The only set I'm having a really hard time finding now is Rarity's Carousel Boutique. I started buying ponies just this last March, so I don't know if I was just really unlucky to not find any in stock anywhere.

I got my Carousel in January on clearance at TRU. I bought the last one and I haven't seen any anywhere since. I think it was a very limited run, but I could be wrong

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »
They had the carousel in my TRU last week, I think they must have found a box of them in the back or something as I hadn't seen in stock anywhere in months. I'd offer to pick one up but shipping would probably be ghastly.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:40:35 PM »
I don't think that's the right reason. I've seen those in stores over here, and they have American packaging (square age box).

We still have a few of those over here last I checked. Should be able to find these at Metrojaya or Parkson. PM me if you're interested :)
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 11:31:24 PM »
Nooo, I NEED Star Dreams! :argh: :pullhair:
My Wish List

Offline StarlightGaze

• Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 12:51:14 AM »
I don't think that's the right reason. I've seen those in stores over here, and they have American packaging (square age box).

We still have a few of those over here last I checked. Should be able to find these at Metrojaya or Parkson. PM me if you're interested :)

Thanks! My friend from Canada is trying to look for it but if he has no luck then I'll PM you.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 03:27:54 AM »
No its is just a difference in the packaging that's all :) and a distribution thing. There are US sets and international sets. Canada sometimes gets both I believe as they can take stock from either the US or the international release [I would imagine the latter is an option to them as it allows for dual language packaging without the need for a special Canadian print]. I have seen this set packaged for the US [image below], packaged for Canada and packaged for international. As HB Canada is a separate entity from HB US it gives them the right to source the product from other HB's than just the US.

Hasbro have always done this with toy lines - there are core HB businesses - such as in the US and UK which essentially act as brokers for the other smaller HB subsidiaries - some G1 ponies were "distributed by Hasbro UK" in countries like Sweden but never actually got a UK store release and a lot of the later G1 ponies such as Tales and Rollerskates got a release in Australia by HB Australia but under distribution from HB UK. Thats the way companies like this work - they have individual "knowledge" bases in countries in order to understand the market and work with local retailers/stockists but larger levels of the company above them making the actual decisions on the lines.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 08:23:27 AM »
I need Star Dreams and I'm pretty sure she's not going to ever get a US release. I guess I need to find someone in Canada to pick the set up for me. How much does the set cost in Canada?

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 08:29:22 AM »
Sigh. I have been waitng for Star Dreams too. I didn't want to pay like $25 for her on ebay.....but now that's not looking too bad.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 04:31:59 AM »
The set goes for about $15 in Canada, but shipping to the USA is pretty expensive. And yes, Canada can get both Int'l AND USA sets! It's pretty much THE best place to get ponies. There's a distributor in Quebec. I found out they even have Rarity's Carousel Boutique with the bonus orange carriage, even though it's pretty much a France exclusive. But Quebec has ties with France, so I guess that makes sense! Only thing that hasn't been spotted in Canada is the blind bag boxes, I think.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 07:07:48 AM »
I wish they would send some here!

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 07:37:46 AM »
Glad I traded for her. But who knows, maybe she'll show up at TJJMaxx and Marshalls eventually like the fair and camping sets.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal