collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 78319 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1245 on: May 28, 2022, 02:07:30 PM »
I found some poison ivy in the yard.  :enraged:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 29, 2022, 07:30:29 PM »
This probably shouldn't bother me, but it does.  My dad isn't very tech savvy so the minute something doesn't work on his computer he says "it's broken" and expects me to fix it.  Most of the time it's something simple or it's because he doesn't understand how a website works.  This morning he told me that he couldn't print something online and when I checked on it, part of the reason he was complaining was because the website had ads and he wanted the ads to go away so he could print without them.  I figured out how to print what he wanted if no ads but he talked like he thought I should be able to make the ads disappear from the website.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 30, 2022, 12:24:20 AM »
Buying messages from Tesco online, paying by card, Bank wants to send a code to my phone. Problem??? Phone battery died. Cue me freaking out for the ten to fifteen minutes it takes me to get the code while my phone charges, switches on, & does its daft stuff...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1248 on: May 30, 2022, 04:46:35 AM »
Ponyfan, I swear we have the same father :pout: When my dad got his laptop, I set everything up for him including useful Chrome extensions like ad block. Then he would complain about ads everywhere and I asked him why did you turn the ad blocker off? He never could give me a good reason and it happened more than once. Now he doesn't even use Chrome and uses Edge for unknown reasons. So now when he has a problem I'm like, why are you using the crappy browser? Again he has no answer. He asks me to set up things for him and do this and do that but then decides he knows better and changes everything and makes more problems for himself.

That's not what I wanted to complain about :P

All weekend long these two kids, must be siblings, have been outside most of the day and they argue at the top of their lungs. Or literally scream. I was trying to take a nap yesterday and they were in the parking lot behind my bedroom and I couldn't take the screaming. Then when I was back in the living room, they came out to the street with a basketball and were arguing over that. I've never seen them before either. They just moved in or are visiting. What I don't understand is that the parent/s let them scream like that. When I was a kid, if my friends and I were literally screaming (though I don't think we ever did that) an adult, one of our parents, would come outside and tell us to be more quiet.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1249 on: May 30, 2022, 06:07:10 AM »
Ponyfan, BC my dad is the same way. i've told him to start using an ad blocker and he just looks at me weird. my dad is pretty good at using the computer. he used computers for work back in the 70s at least so he's pretty tech savvy for being over 80. his main issue is that he wants stuff to work the way he wants. he gets upset about the ads and the tracking. he hates advertising and marketing in general but refuses to install an ad blocker. also he doesn't really seem to grasp that people aren't designing websites for his age group. and when i try to explain to him that companies aren't going to spend money on features that only a handful of people use he thinks that's silly. because of course his way is right and everyone else is wrong. once i had to spend a long time explaining to him that no he can't remove the notifications on facebook. it's not a todo list! at least he doesn't really use facebook anyway.

also sometimes websites just have bugs and my parents will act like maybe i can do something to fix the issue. sometimes it is some kind of browser issue. but like i can't hack the website and fix it. even if i could i'm not fixing it for free
:drunk:

also I accidentally ordered that squaretrade thing on ebay. tried to cancel almost immediately but they didn't accept my cancellation.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 09:09:47 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 31, 2022, 07:33:39 AM »
All weekend long these two kids, must be siblings, have been outside most of the day and they argue at the top of their lungs. Or literally scream. I was trying to take a nap yesterday and they were in the parking lot behind my bedroom and I couldn't take the screaming. Then when I was back in the living room, they came out to the street with a basketball and were arguing over that. I've never seen them before either. They just moved in or are visiting. What I don't understand is that the parent/s let them scream like that. When I was a kid, if my friends and I were literally screaming (though I don't think we ever did that) an adult, one of our parents, would come outside and tell us to be more quiet.

Are they close enough you can throw water balloons at them next time?  :devious:  In all seriousness, though, is there an apartment manager you can complain to?  If the parents get formal complaints about the kids, they're more likely to do something about their disruptive behavior.  And if they target you for complaining, that's harassment and can be moved to an actual police complaint.

My complaint is that I still work with people who don't understand how the alphabet works.  L comes after W in today's version.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1251 on: May 31, 2022, 08:28:56 AM »
On the parents and computers thing, my Dad was going to buy a new computer...2 years ago. We went and looked at some...a few months ago. He is still stalling on buying one because he doesn't want Windows 11 and he doesn't want office 365. But because he's stalled so long he missed out on Win 10. Which now is not available on new computers. Sigh.

Dad's existing computer has some issues, let's just leave it at that.

He's not bad at them, but he is a procrastinator when it coms to anything that means change.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1252 on: May 31, 2022, 12:01:56 PM »
Are they close enough you can throw water balloons at them next time?  :devious:  In all seriousness, though, is there an apartment manager you can complain to?  If the parents get formal complaints about the kids, they're more likely to do something about their disruptive behavior.  And if they target you for complaining, that's harassment and can be moved to an actual police complaint.

My complaint is that I still work with people who don't understand how the alphabet works.  L comes after W in today's version.

Thankfully, I haven't heard them today. I'm hoping they were just visitors. To be honest, I'd be worried to complain because this is public housing and they are very kid-friendly, holding events for kids and giving away food and clothes to families. I like the property manager and would hate to get on her bad side. Besides, I've already had to call the cops on my neighbor twice and wouldn't want to become someone that does that frequently.

Also, wow, that is sad considering you work in a library :crazy:

--

My complaint today is I lost control of my finances again. Every month I say I need to budget better and every month I don't. Then I'm surprised when I only have 50 bucks left (or less in most cases). At least I won't overdraw this month. But really, I need to get a handle on this. I have a bad habit of buying little things here and there, thinking 'oh it's only 8 dollars' 'oh it's only another 3 bucks a month' and then poof! Money gone.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1253 on: May 31, 2022, 01:01:35 PM »
i do think that whoever makes decisions about computer and mobile operating systems don't really account for how jarring it can be for some people to deal with interfaces changing constantly. i like that we get new features but my mom has a hard time because she has to relearn. i can't think of any great solutions either. my parents just aren't in the age group companies care about anymore. i won't be for much longer either.

i'm just tired today. dealing with drama from one of my side projects. but it's hopefully resolved.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 31, 2022, 07:03:49 PM »
For the past 2 days, my mom said we would get Blizzards from Dairy Queen.  We don't get them very often.  So on Sunday she said we get them on Monday.  On Monday she said we'd get them today.  Most of today she said we'd get them later.  When later came, she changed her mind although my parents said if I really wanted a Blizzard tonight they get me one.  I didn't want to be told I was being a brat or selfish about it so I said we could go when my mom wanted too.  Mom said we'd get them tomorrow.  I told her not to tell me that unless we're going to so I don't set myself up to being disappointed.  I was really looking forward to getting a Blizzard and being told at the last minute that we weren't going to get them really put me in sad mood.  :sad:

Also, I love books and told my mom that I want to go to the bookstore next week.  The first words she said to me was "You know we have to do something that day."  What she's talking about will only take a few minutes but she sounded like she thought that I didn't know that would have to come first.

Edit:

It gets worse.  Last night my mom went on Facebook and saw something on my page that I hadn't even seen yet.  She asked why my cousin was on there asking about my mom sendng her an app.  I didn't answer her at first because I didn't know if she was talking to me or my dad.  I told her that I didn't know that my cousin had written that becasue I hadn't checked my Facebook for a while.

A couple of weeks ago there was a small issue in my bathroom . Instead of fixing it the right way by getting a new part, my dad thought he fixed it with the old part.  It's been working okay but earlier I noticed that it's not.  I feel like this wouldn't have happened if my dad had got the new part in the first place. :( 

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 06:21:05 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1255 on: June 01, 2022, 09:31:36 AM »
Ponyfan :hug:

--

Carpal Tunnel  :pullhair: :shakefist: :argh:

A site I'm very active on is having a custom pony contest and I'm entering but it's going to be a big complicated custom and my hand, wrist and especially thumb are on FIRE. I take breaks and do exercise and wear my brace but it doesn't matter. I wonder if arthritis cream would help?

Post Merge: June 02, 2022, 08:03:16 AM

Me again.

I've been awake for over 24 hours. I'm so sick to my stomach :wacko: plus I had heartburn for the first time in like... a year probably. My troubles started on Monday. I figure I'm having a gastritis flare up and it's REAL bad this time. I can't sleep because I can't lie down. When I do acid creeps into my throat. I take a daily omeprazole but I'm not supposed to use anti-acids because they interfere with one of my meds. I don't eat dairy anymore so I don't even have milk. And almond milk doesn't soothe the stomach like cow's milk does.

Blergh :pout:

Another thing, because I just glanced at it. I have this news thingy in the taskbar? It's from Windows and I think everyone has it. Anyway, it usually shows the weather, but today it's showing stock market stuff. I opened it up and told it I wasn't interested in seeing that and to hide it, but it didn't work. It's annoying me. Microsoft's stock is down, btw.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 08:03:16 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 02, 2022, 09:47:33 AM »
I hope you feel better, BC.  :hug:

I am not getting along with my parents. :(  I love them but right now I wish that I had some extended time alone. 

A couple of days ago my mom got a new pair of shoes.  I didn't have any problems with that but ever since then my dad's been making comments about me saying that I need new shoes in a couple of months.  After my mom got hers (she has to go to a specialty shoe store) she said that we would get me new shoes another day.  I told her that was fine.  My dad got in the car and asked what we were talking about.  My mom told him that we were talking about getting me new shoes.  The first thing he said was "you don't need shoes from the specialty store." when I never said that I did. Then he's been making comments about Walmart shoes, specialty store shoes, basically anything type of shoes except the ones that I want to get. 

I have issues about feeling "in the way."  A lot of it comes from my dad because he gets mad if you cross his path when he wants to do something like get a drink from the fridge.  Countless times, I've had to move out of his way even though I was there first. :(  I had just told my mom about a new doll I wanted and happened to see a display on the toy aisles including the same doll.  While I was looking my mom decided to go down the same aisle and asked me to move out of the way. She could have gone down another aisle and come back up, but she didn't.   It really hurt my feelings because of how my dad acts but I moved out the way and said something about I would make sure I wasn't in the way. I know that I'm probably being oversensitive, but it just builds up.  :cry:  I had to hold back my tears in the store.  I tried to talk to her about it later but she said that she knew I'd take a long time looking at the dolls because I wanted to take a picture.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 03, 2022, 06:49:29 PM »
I feel like everything's gone wrong today and I just want to hide in my room and cry. :cry:  It's not that anything major has gone wrong but a bunch of small things piling up to make everything seem worse. 

I bought myself a couple of fun things today.  They weren't even that expensive but I've felt really guilty about it since buying them.  One of things I bought was a blind bag and I ended up with a character I already had. 

The cashier at the store was really rude to my dad.  I know being a cashier is hard work and they have to deal with a lot but she didn't handle things in a good way.  Anyone that reads this thread often knows what my dad can be like.  My dad was going to put the bags in the cart and the cashier said "Get back over there!"  My dad moved several feet away from her and then she said "That's it! Go away! Go Home!"  I wouldn't call it screaming exactly but loud enough that she could still be heard at a distance. I'm not saying that my dad was completely in the right but I don't think he deserved that kind of extreme reaction.  He's moved to put the bags in the cart countless times and I haven't seen anyone else react like that.  The caisher was also had the same attitude to the people in front of me.  It was a man and a woman and the man tried to move the bag carousel to get the bag with their items in it she told him, "Stop that! You're going to hit my hand!" but I didn't think too much about it then because right after that she started talking to them about the items they were buying.

Fast forward a few hours...

I decided to watch some anime to try to cheer myself up.  I was able to watch one episode but when I tried to go to another one the Internet went out.  We get Internet through our cable company so I was going to check the TV to see if the cable was out too.   I forgot that our brand new router was where it was and I accidently hit it with my foot. :(

My dad made brownies today but they turned out terrible.  They were so hard I could barely chew them and he put them in cupcake liners but they stuck to the liner so bad that it wastes most of the brownie.

Growing the mint plant isn't working out like I thought it would.

I just want this day to be over.  :wail:  I know I can be overemotional at times and I'm sure everything's just adding together.  All of this has made my anixety go in to high gear.

I know this was a long post.  I needed to get it out somewhere.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1258 on: June 04, 2022, 05:01:19 AM »
Ponyfan I'm so sorry :( :hug:

I hate days like that, or several days where everything seems to go wrong. That cashier sounds like she has a problem with men, maybe? She might be overcompensating due to something happening to her. Which is understandable but yelling at every one you see can't be good either.

I hope things get better for you soon :)

--

We have a tropical storm warning today. My area and across the state in Miami are supposed to get the worst of it. Usually I love when it storms and it's gloomy and rainy, but I'm working on a pony custom for a contest and I prefer natural light to my desk lamp. My cat is also annoyed by the lack of sunshine. She keeps laying in the sunny spot, but there's no sun :( And for some reason, despite all the rain we still have a high pollen warning? I'm not sure how that works since the rain should help clean the air, but whatever. My windows are closed by my nose and eyes are itchy.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 05:02:52 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 04, 2022, 02:42:04 PM »
My eyes have been bad for a while due to testing and scratches and haemorrages, it's very annoying.

Youths have just kicked in the secure entry door to the apartment complex, absolute pigs!!

I am SUPER interested in a FB marketplace trade but the seller has stopped replying :c

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal