collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205992 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1455 on: September 26, 2023, 06:13:38 AM »
husband and I watched the live Action One Piece - which wasn't AWFUL... but then we had the brilliant idea to watch the animated series... it's like 20 seasons , 1000+ episodes, and I almost regret starting because we will have to finish, and it takes so much time...   LOL 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1456 on: September 27, 2023, 03:33:56 PM »
I never got into OP. I saw clips but didn't really find it funny, and it's so long that I didn't want to get bogged down in it *lol*.

I've finally started watching Violet Evergarden. I've heard lots of good things about it. Did not expect Koyasu Takehito voicing a key role though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 21, 2023, 07:18:19 PM »

Small Sailor Moon rant ahead

Spoiler
I don't get why so many people don't seem to understand that
Mamoru is basically the guardian/prince of the Earth.  He can use the powers of the Golden Crystal much like Usagi can use the Sliver Crystal.  I think Helios can also use some of the powers of the Golden Crystal, but I think it's more a case of protecting it until Mamoru can use its power on his own.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 22, 2023, 01:39:40 AM »

Small Sailor Moon rant ahead

Spoiler
I don't get why so many people don't seem to understand that
Mamoru is basically the guardian/prince of the Earth.  He can use the powers of the Golden Crystal much like Usagi can use the Sliver Crystal.  I think Helios can also use some of the powers of the Golden Crystal, but I think it's more a case of protecting it until Mamoru can use its power on his own.

Ponyfan

Hang on...
Spoiler
I thought it was flat out said he was the prince of Earth.  So it always made sense to me that he had powers just like Usagi, who was the princess of the Moon.  Do people really not understand that?  Weird.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: October 22, 2023, 09:57:48 AM »
Spoiler
His name is Mamoru. It literally means 'to protect'. It's been a long time since I watched any SM but that seems pretty obvious...o.O.

I've dug out Saiunkoku Monogatari and have been happily rewatching it. It's still a masterpiece. It's a shame it's not on any streaming channels.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 22, 2023, 04:50:10 PM »

Hang on...
Spoiler
I thought it was flat out said he was the prince of Earth.  So it always made sense to me that he had powers just like Usagi, who was the princess of the Moon.  Do people really not understand that?  Weird.

Spoiler
I think it's stated somewhere too that Mamoru is the prince of Earth.  If I remember correctly the reason he got so sick in the Dream arc was because Elysion was dying.   He also said a few times that he was connected to the Earth.

I've seen a lot of people asking why there's no Sailor Earth or if Helios or Chibiusa is the guardian of the Earth.

Spoiler
His name is Mamoru. It literally means 'to protect'. It's been a long time since I watched any SM but that seems pretty obvious...o.O.

Spoiler

That's really interesting. I didn't know Mamoru meant "to protect."

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 04:52:11 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: October 30, 2023, 03:43:02 PM »
I was watching Komi the other day and at one point Tadano takes his temperature.  When the thermometer is shown, the reading is in Celsius.  I thought that was a nice touch that the show kept the Celsius instead of changing it to Fahrenheit.

I'm still hoping to hear more about another season of Daiya.

Walmart has cut their anime section down again.  There were only about 2 rows of movies and the rest of it was Crunchyroll prepaid membership cards.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: October 31, 2023, 07:30:16 AM »
Yeah, the problem with Walmart's Anime section near me (aside from being small) is that anymore it's all Dragonball, One Piece, and Naruto/Boruto. I know they're "popular" but I don't get the appeal.  And they shelf-sit because people either already have them or people don't like them.  They didn't even carry the last part of Pokemon Black & White in the stores, which I think would have actually sold if only because kids are being introduced to Pokemon daily.  I'm even giving out Pokemon cards for Halloween this year because they're so popular around here.

Anybody else bummed that RightStuf merged with Crunchyroll?  I don't like the monopoly Crunchyroll is making with our Anime options.  I liked comparing prices on different sites, even if it all got sent from the RightStuf warehouse.  There were times it was cheaper to put in the order direct from Funimation or Sentai instead of RightStuf but now I don't know if Crunchyroll is going to do any decent sales.  At least Amazon might still have a cheaper price for some things but they don't carry everything.  I don't like streaming shows because where I live the internet has a tendency to be spotty.  It annoys my parents when they can't get their streaming services to work so adding another one wouldn't help anything at all. 

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: October 31, 2023, 11:54:23 AM »
I don't think CR do half the things over here that they can do in the US. I've heard it's now a channel on Amazon as well, but not on my Prime as far as I can see. Not that it matters since I've been using CR's app through my fire stick for years.

I get more annoyed with things that are on Hulu, which often means that IF they come out here, it's on Disney+. And that's fine, since rn we have a special offer subscription to that, but they don't tend to add them until the season has done airing.

Although it's interesting how anime (older, not just seasonal) is starting to be more available on streaming platforms, I still have to dig into my older DVDs from time to time. And there's a lot too much isekai and harem trash atm as well, which makes it harder to find something worth watching.

In the spirit of Halloween, I rewatched Ghost Hunt this week.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 11:56:11 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 20, 2023, 07:23:33 PM »
I logged on to Crunchyroll to watch something for the first time in a long time today.  I was afraid I might have a little trouble keeping up with the subtitles since I'm a little out of practice reading them and watching something at the same time.  To my surprise though, I was able to keep up better than I thought except for when I first started watching the show and when multiple characters were having conversations at the same time and there were two sets of subtitles to try to follow.  Trying to follow two sets of subtitles has always been tricky for me and I end up having to go back and focus on one set at a time so I can keep up with everything going on.

I really hope that Daiya gets another season and I'd love it if Yona did too :D

I never bought anything from RightStuf but I enjoyed going to their website and looking. They usually had publication dates for manga that weren't up on Amazon yet and also sometimes they used the Japanese covers if the US version wasn't ready yet.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 22, 2023, 03:05:15 PM »
I've been watching the apothecary diaries. It's annoying waiting week by week for an episode though.

I've also been watching some donghua, blame my colleague, it's her fault. I can actually recognise proper words and sentences in the mandarin dialogue now, though, not just sounds, which is awesome :D

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 30, 2023, 12:21:48 PM »
Here's what the anime section looks like at Walmart now.

The whole shelf below the manga is all Dragonball. 

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 02, 2023, 08:26:12 PM »
Yeah, I still don't get the appeal of Dragonball but to each their own.

I haven't ordered any new DVDs from Crunchyroll like I normally do from RightStuf because I didn't see any at a price that I just had to have it this year.  And some of the stuff I've been watching isn't in their sale so for now I'll pass. I don't think they do their sale like RightStuf used to, where they add new things every week, which is kind of a bummer because that makes it less likely to go on sale right now.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 05, 2023, 05:37:35 AM »
I've never understood why people like Dragonball either. When you say that in an anime-centric space folk usually react like you just declared war or something, but I have watched bits of it and it was so. dull.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 05, 2023, 07:35:55 AM »
I've never "gotten" Dragonball either. No offense to anyone who likes it, but it's just not for me. Just feels like sometimes it's all you can find in the way of anime/manga stuff over here :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal