collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 632
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 206019 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1425 on: July 05, 2023, 07:14:39 PM »
A Sign of Affection manga series is getting an anime.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 11, 2023, 01:32:39 AM »
I hear The Devil is a part timer is starting season 3 in a few days  :biggrin:

Where does everyone go to watch anime?
Mostly Funimation. I had Crunchyroll for a long time but they started blocking VPN access and I never restarted my account when I left China. I also use Netflix and WeTV for chinese animation/shows.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 01:49:24 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1427 on: July 16, 2023, 12:41:51 AM »
I still didn't finish season 2 of it yet, LOL :)

Been watching Tiger and Bunny still. Finally watching through the last half of the second season. Although I know how it ends, which is one reason that I've been watching it so slowly.

Spoiler
It really is the end, which makes me a bit sad.

So some plot spoiler comments below, please do not read them if you are going to watch T&B and want to enjoy it in its full glory...I just want to babble a little.

First of all...
Spoiler
Yuri.
It's just sad.
I mean, I don't think there's another way to resolve it than how the show did. I just still think Yuri's whole life has been sad - haunted by the ghost of his father, trying to promote justice, trying to take care of his mother, trying to find his own justice...
I do wonder how Tiger and Barnaby must've felt when they discovered who Lunatic really was.

I also need to rewatch the movie, since I can't remember what happens on Justice Day and why it might've shifted Yuri's stance from proactive vigilante to law abiding overseer.                                                             

I also think that
Spoiler
Tiger and Barnaby should always be working together. :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 24, 2023, 07:29:34 AM »
I'm back on a Sailor Moon kick. It happens at least once a year and with the release of the last Arc movie I couldn't help myself. I'm reading the manga, watching the old anime and the Crystal anime.  :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 25, 2023, 10:30:29 AM »
Randomly looking for dvds of Saiyuuki zeroin (the only Saiyuuki anime I don't have a DVD for yet) and came across this...
Spoiler

Ridiculously cute. Sadly out of my price bracket but still. LOL. He looks so fed up xD.

I also found a bunch of themes and character songs for T&B on itunes. It's still novel for me that those kinds of songs show up there now. I've been collecting seiyuu songs since 2007 and it used to be a lot harder to get the CDs, let alone getting them like this.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 25, 2023, 04:12:40 PM »
Randomly looking for dvds of Saiyuuki zeroin (the only Saiyuuki anime I don't have a DVD for yet) and came across this...

Have you checked RightStuf?  It's the last week of their birthday sale and I think they had some of the Saiyuuki animes on sale.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 26, 2023, 10:53:02 AM »

Have you checked RightStuf?  It's the last week of their birthday sale and I think they had some of the Saiyuuki animes on sale.

It's more a problem that there only seems to be a blu ray release :/  It seems mad given that the series is as old as it is, both the manga and the anime...that the final animated section would only be available in the one format, but hey. There we are.

The Burial arc wasn't ever released in the west on DVD as far as I know; I had to get a Japanese ex library copy second hand for that one :/ Maybe this will end up being the same - but right now it doesn't look like there are dvds anywhere.

In the meantime, happily it's still on hidive, and is genuinely the only reason I still have a hi dive sub.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 10:57:10 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 27, 2023, 03:07:54 PM »

It's more a problem that there only seems to be a blu ray release :/  It seems mad given that the series is as old as it is, both the manga and the anime...that the final animated section would only be available in the one format, but hey. There we are.

The Burial arc wasn't ever released in the west on DVD as far as I know; I had to get a Japanese ex library copy second hand for that one :/ Maybe this will end up being the same - but right now it doesn't look like there are dvds anywhere.

In the meantime, happily it's still on hidive, and is genuinely the only reason I still have a hi dive sub.

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of animes are being released only on blu-ray.  It's caused some problems for the library where I work because the librarians are hesitant to purchase a blu-ray only copy when most people around here only have DVD players.  We still have people ask us for VHS tapes.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 30, 2023, 11:33:11 PM »
The RightStuf sale is winding down.  All the month's Megadeals are back on Megadeal prices.  So if you want something, get it soon!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 31, 2023, 04:19:16 AM »

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of animes are being released only on blu-ray.  It's caused some problems for the library where I work because the librarians are hesitant to purchase a blu-ray only copy when most people around here only have DVD players.  We still have people ask us for VHS tapes.

Right. Saiyuuki is a manga that began in the late 1990s (even though technically it isn't finished yet, lol), and the first season was animated some time around 2000. So it's logical to assume that a lot of the Saiyuuki fandom have been in it for a long time. This is my favourite arc as well. The last time they semi-animated it, the manga wasn't finished (mangaka was ill) and so they 'made up' a lot of things. By contrast, the Zeroin series is very very accurate to the actual manga, so of course I want it. I'm not really inclined to buy a blu ray player just so I can watch Saiyuuki though. Sigh.

It's a similar annoyance to the last Haruka game being released on switch. I mean, I would understand but all the others have been released on Playstation portable or vita. I was prepared to upgrade to vita, but why switch? After 20 years on playstation consoles? Seriously? Gah...

Back on the topic, I've rewatched Salaryman's club and then followed up with Love All, Play this week. I don't know why but I was on a badminton anime kick (or a sport anime one in general).

It's so rare hearing Miki Shinichirou voice characters these days, now he's so involved in other stuff like producing. It's a shame - he was one of the first seiyuu I became a fan of way back, so it's nostalgic to hear his voice again.

Last night I also watched a couple of episodes of the new Horimiya series and while I think doing the series like this is a bit clumsy, I was so happy to see
Spoiler
both the Kyoto trip and Sengoku and Miyamura's negotiations over not going in the pool
Spoiler
("My arm will explode!" "Most folk would say they had a cold." "I have a cold that'll make my arm explode!")
animated at last.

And I randomly watched Tomo-chan is a girl. Carol is hilarious.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 04:31:49 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 04, 2023, 10:38:52 AM »
I wish they'd release more anime on DVD too, even if it was just a make-on-demand sort of thing that'd be better than nothing :/ It's so annoying when something I'd be interested in actually gets licensed (which seriously only happens once in a blue moon in the first place :P) but it's only on BD, I don't want to get a Blu-Ray player just for one or two things! x) I was so happy when I found out the Doremi film was being released as a BD-DVD combo set. Having a useless (to me) extra disc lying around is a bit annoying, I guess, but at least I can watch the DVD! More companies need to do that, seriously.

It's like how a lot of stuff these days is only on vinyl instead of a CD :p Just release them in both formats! That way everyone wins.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 10:40:46 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 08, 2023, 10:48:46 AM »
I still haven't found a DVD release for Zeroin, but at least it's still streaming on HiDive. Though it will always annoy me that they didn't animate Hakkai's eye colour correctly in the pivotal scene. Never mind. Sigh.

I've sometimes bought DVD releases from other countries if it's anime because the other dub/sub language isn't an issue for me, but it does seem to be less common that DVD releases in general are happening. Buying DVDs from Japan direct is also expensive if the series is a long one - they charge so much for so few episodes per disk.

I rewatched Heine, the Royal Tutor last week. I love this anime just because of Heine's little asides and the nonsense of it. It's a great anime to unwind to if you don't want to think too hard, but it's not stupid or dumbed down either.

And I watched the first eps of the new Kenshin anime. I've seen the old one a few times and I'm curious to see where they go with this one. Saitou Souma is a great choice for Kenshin's VA. I was sitting there watching and thinking, where do I know his voice from? I was sure he was in Daiya, and he was (Mukai Taiyou), as well as Haikyuu (Yamaguchi Tadashi), but when I went through his resume of roles I realised that what Kenshin was reminding me of was William in Moriarty the Patriot. Which actually makes it a great choice because like William, Kenshin has light moments and dark moments.

Can I also say that I really love the closing theme, Kissaki.

Keep checking to see if there's an announcement to animate the rest of Daiya but not so far. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 09, 2023, 06:47:31 PM »
I'm still really behind on a lot of anime. :(  Maybe soon I'll be able to catch up at least a bit.

When I was looking to get Yona, I had to get the Blu/Ray DVD sets (2 sets)
instead of the single Blu Ray set because I didn't have Bu Ray player at the time. 

Keep checking to see if there's an announcement to animate the rest of Daiya but not so far. Sigh.

Me too.  Since the manga has finished, I don't see a reason why the rest wouldn't be animated. If they need to go back and redo some of the Act 2/Season 3 stuff that was missed (I think you mentioned a game between 2 of the other schools was not animated.)  they could easily just add it to an episode or at least have the characters talking about it.

I also keep hoping for more Yona, whether that's more episodes added to the original or a completely new series retold from the beginning like the recent Fruits Basket series.

I was surprised to see a picture of Mao from The Devil is a Part Timer on McDonald's Facebook page today.  I'm not exactly sure what they're doing but it's something called a "Tie in Meal" and they mentioned several movies/tv shows that have featured McDonald's in some way.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 10, 2023, 05:19:41 PM »
I was surprised to see a picture of Mao from The Devil is a Part Timer on McDonald's Facebook page today.  I'm not exactly sure what they're doing but it's something called a "Tie in Meal" and they mentioned several movies/tv shows that have featured McDonald's in some way.

Yeah, I heard they were doing meals "As Featured In" TV and Movies, so you can order a meal "as Featured in Loki" right now and it looks like it comes with a Sweet and Sour sauce packet with the Loki logo on it.  So since The Devil is a Part-Timer basically takes place in a McDonald's (but not called McDonald's), it doesn't surprise me they might use that as an inspiration.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 12, 2023, 07:46:54 AM »
I need to go back and start watching Devil is a Part Timer from the beginning of s2 as I got a bit lost trying to watch from the middle *lol*.

I'd love to see more of Yona animated. Even if it was only the first stretch of manga after the series ends, because TAEJUN.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal