collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 206021 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1335 on: November 02, 2022, 07:06:22 PM »
I started season 2 of Haikyuu.  The first episode had a lot of funny moments.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 02, 2022, 09:13:30 PM »
I just finished rewatching Death Note (since it was Halloween).  Now I've got Yuri on Ice on while I work on Nanowrimo sprints because the music is awesome and I've seen it enough that I don't have to watch it.  But it's so pretty to watch that I look up regularly.  Good thing I can type without looking at the keyboard or my screen.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 03, 2022, 03:44:01 PM »
I saw a post on Facebook today for an anime called Love Flops.  It mentioned that   Daiya's Eijun's va has a role in it.  Here's a clip of it from Youtube. I think I hear Eijun's voice a little bit especially  at :23.  I also found out that he voices Adrien/ Cat Noir in the Japanese version of Miraculous. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H02MuV0aWdU

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 12, 2022, 07:23:02 PM »
I think I'll be having an anime film marathon soon.  :D  There's a few of them that I want to watch, but don't feel like I have the time right now. 

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1339 on: November 14, 2022, 08:01:11 AM »
I feel like whenever you post something seiyuu related, Ponyfan, that I have successfully brainwashed you ;)

Eijun's seiyuu does get around a bit.

I'm still watching The Devil is a Part Timer. I'd forgotten that Lucifer is voiced by Shimano Hiro (Nori/Zeno/etc). He does it really well. It's such a silly show, honestly.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 25, 2022, 10:59:24 AM »
I feel like whenever you post something seiyuu related, Ponyfan, that I have successfully brainwashed you ;)

You have. :D  I find myself going down the va trail sometimes trying to track down a voice that sounds familiar, but I haven't quite been able to place.

I thought I recognized one va the other day, but going through the work they've done, I didn't find any titles or characters I was familiar with.

I've watched Josee, The Tiger and the Fish, A Silent Voice and Your Name  (I'm starting to wonder if I should buy a back op copy of that one in case I wear the current copy out) this week. :D

I've also gotten a little further in season 2 of  Haikyuu. I thought I heard Ejun's va in one of the Fukurodani players, but I need to hear them speak more to confirm if it's the character I think it is. Kemma from Nekoma sounds like a bored/tired version of Mei from Daiya to me.

I watched a clip of Shimano Hiro in The Devil is a Part Timer. :) 

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 25, 2022, 05:30:58 PM »
RightStuf and Sentai sales are happening...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1342 on: November 27, 2022, 03:38:52 PM »
Ah, I need to get back to season 2 of Devil is a Part Timer.

I also need to watch part 2 of season 2 of Tiger and Bunny. I want to but there's also a sense of not wanting to, not only because I know it's the finale, but I cheated and checked how it ends and...

Spoiler
I'm not surprised by the ending, it's expected and logical but in a way a bit sad.

I quite like Kenma. I didn't to begin with but I got to like him overall. Funnily there are a couple of players from other schools who I got to like over time - or at least, didn't hate.  There's one who is very annoying in the game but in the post-match stuff in one section he's actually quite amusing. Weirdly.

I watched the first ep of Kimi ni Todoke. I get what it's doing but I don't know if I'll go back to it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 30, 2022, 03:23:59 PM »
 Haikyuu

Spoiler
I don't have much of an opinion on Kemma yet, but I do like that he and Hinata are friends even though they're on different teams.  Their friendship seems genuine too. Kemma was one of the first to notice that Hinata was missing at the practice match when he and Kageyama had to stay behind and take their make up exams.

The final season of Fruits Basket is out on Bluray as well as the prequel movie about Tohru's parents

Spoiler
I heard that most of the movie is Kyo recapping stuff that happened between him and Tohru and very little time is actually spent on Tohru's parents' story.

Edit: I also found out today that The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is on Crunchyroll. :D  I've been wanting to see if but the Bluray/DVD seemed to be out of print. Now I can watch it.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 03:34:47 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 30, 2022, 03:40:30 PM »
What has everyone been watching?  I'm only a few episodes in to the second season of Haikyuu.  I rewatched Belle the other night.   I'm thinking about watching The Tale of the Princess Kaguya.  I think it's the same story as the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter?

I hope we'll hear something soon about fourth season of Daiya. :D

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 03:44:42 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 30, 2022, 06:55:23 PM »
This week I've watched Tamako Marketplace and My Next Life as a Villainess.  Both are cute and fun.
I just finished re-watching Maid Sama. 

I think it's the last week of RighStuf's annual sale so if you've been waiting for good deals, now's the time to look for them.  I cross-checked the prices against the Sentai sale, since a lot of those were way cheaper from Sentai (even though they get shipped from RightStuf). 

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 31, 2022, 08:01:22 PM »
The RightStuf sale ends in just over an hour so if you were going to buy something, now's the time.  Also, all the "Daily Mega Deals" are back on Mega Deal price!

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 04, 2023, 01:27:50 PM »
Tamako Market/Love Story is probably the most adorable anime I've ever seen. My sisters showed me that one years ago.

I watched Rascal Does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai and the movie (Rascal Does not Dream of a Dreaming Girl), both twice, around the holidays and I really enjoyed it. It's kind of a teenage supernatural drama and it had me crying at one point when it came to the sister rivalry episode. When I initially told my sister the title, she laughed it off, like "okay... watch what you want..." but it's a lot better than the title suggests. I like how the movie ties up the show nicely, though it felt like they put a lot in an hour and a half.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 05, 2023, 07:15:47 PM »
One of these days I'll have money to spend on the Rightstuf sale.  :( The timing wasn't right for one that just ended. 

I'm going to be rewatching Yona of the Dawn soon.

I got a cute Fruits Basket/Hello Kitty poster.  It shows Tohru with a Hello Kitty bow in her hair and Yuki, Kyo, Momiji and Shigure  in human form with their animal ears sticking out of their heads.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 08:20:12 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 06, 2023, 07:43:28 AM »
I got a cute Fruits Basket/Hello Kitty poster.  It shows Tohru with a Hello Kitty bow in her hair and Yuki, Kyo, Momiji and Shigure  in human form with their animal ears sticking out of their heads.

OMG I just looked this up and the art is so cuuuute!! :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal