collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205977 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1275 on: June 18, 2022, 07:36:31 PM »
I watched another episode of Spy Family.

Spoiler
Damien Desmon is a little creepy and also seems to be a spoiled brat.

I thought I heard another familiar voice in Haikyuu. Asahi has the same va as Tetsu in Daiya. I'm starting to wonder if there's anyone in Daiya. that isn't also in Haikyuu. :lol:  I can't stop following the va character trail :D 

Ponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1276 on: June 19, 2022, 02:15:51 PM »
I'm so amused xD.

I'm thinking that Mochi's VA isn't in Haikyuu. I know he's in Tsurune mind you. Mochi's VA is also a stage director or something - he directed or produced the live action Daiya stage show I believe.

I'm not sure who else isn't. Miyuki's, Eijun's are there. Quite a lot of them :D

Oikawa sounds unlike Chris, but he sounds a lot more like Namikawa Daisuke normally does, so he's easier to pick out.

I'm caught up with SpyxFamily. Bless Anya xD.

Also rewatching Idolish7. It's a silly anime really, although the actual character stuff is decent so I watch it. But two things still really annoy me.
Spoiler
#1 Nagi. Nagi is meant to be a 'foreigner', speaking Japanese, but his voice artist is a Japanese person exaggerating bad stereotypical 'foreigner' Japanese, which is emphasising how an American speaker might pronounce Japanese words. But no foreign speaker of Japanese with as many words as Nagi would pronounce as badly as he does. I've spent a lot of time around non-Japanese who speak Japanese, and I've never heard any of them mangle the language like that (I was always complimented for my accent by my teachers as well).

They should have cast someone who was actually a foreigner in Japan, if they wanted that nuance. All it sounds like is they're making fun of foreign speakers of Japanese in a really crass way. Also it hurts the ears. And, in one scene, Nagi speaks absolutely flawless Japanese...so even the character is only pretending. It's just horrible, and it makes me really hate what should be a likeable character. He's just one big (blond) stereotype.

#2 The music. Especially I7's music. I'll set aside whether seiyuu who can sing is important here, given that the seiyuu (aside Nagi's) do a decent job of the characters. But the use of English in the songs makes them incompehensible. I speak both English and Japanese and the songs are entirely nonsense. Given the premise they were meant to be written by some great and famous songwriter, it's just not believable.

And, if you're going to go to the trouble of ridiculing foreigner Japanese, you should at least be able to use competent English, both in dialogue and especially in songs. There's a moment where they have some random 'American' artist appear, but the 'English' he speaks is massively unnatural. It reminds me of that horrible game in Daiya. :/ It feels like it was written by google translate.

...A side note. Calling someone 'girl' is not polite. It might appear in some English language pop songs. It's not a means by which to refer to your boss. (See Nagi)

Speaking of that boss, Tsumugi - she would be my #3 complaint, but she actually improves as the series goes on, and stops being told what to do so much by a cocky 17 year old. She also shuts down Gaku beautifully twice without even realising it, which is amusing. She's a bit naive and too much of a pushover to begin with, but she at least does care about her band.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 23, 2022, 04:03:28 PM »
I think Mei's va is in Haikyuu too.

I need to go back and watch the parts of the Daiya stage show that are on Youtube.  I know I watched some of it but not much maybe because I wasn't completely though the anime yet (I'm not sure though because it's been a while.)   I liked the parts I watched though. :D  You can tell that everyone involved really loves Daiya and is trying hard to do justice to the material and the characters. 

I watched a couple more episodes of Komi. I like it but it's something that I don't feel compelled to binge watch to find out what's going to happen next.

Spoiler
It was funny when Tadano breaks the 4th wall and mentions that there's a new character 2 episodes in a row. :lol:

I think the final episode of this season of Spy Family will be on Crunchyroll this weekend.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 07:27:45 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 26, 2022, 10:53:49 AM »
I was looking for the Daiya stage show on Youtube and found this voice artist thing.  I can't understand much of it because there aren't subtitles but it looks like most of the main cast are at the real Jingu stadium and come out on the field and say something in their character's voice, plus a lot of back and forth interactions with each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylQGAJy7sOI

I also found some fun promo videos for the Dayia stage show.  I love seeing how in to the characters the actors are even when they're just doing a promo.  At one point one of the actors tells another one that they broke character and the other agrees that he forgot and spoke as himself for a moment instead of the character he is portraying.

The next season of Spy Family will air in October.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 26, 2022, 12:00:04 PM »
I did watch some of that thing at the Jingu stadium a while back :D It's so stupid and typical seiyuu madness. I think Okamoto got a lot of teasing. He's actually quite a funny guy, though. I still remember him in one of the Haruka events, with Abe Atsushi (I think?) as his pair, and they had to do an improvisation scene...and Okamoto ended up playing a girl, and a giant demon bug, all in the same skit...

It seems like a lot of the Daiya seiyuu suck at baseball a bit though ;)

Oosaka Ryouta's yelling as Eijun all the time is actually kind of funny when compared to a couple of his other much less shouty characters. His Haikyuu character is basically the exact opposite, although you can hear it compared to the rare moments Eijun is serious.

I did think there would have to be a s.2 of SpyxFamily. Anya hasn't saved the world yet!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 02, 2022, 01:49:18 PM »
I didn't watch the game but I was wondering if the Daiya vas were actually trying to play baseball or if it was more for show like the Globetrotters basketball team.

I don't think I've found Eijun's va in Haikyuu yet.  I'm looking forward to trying to spot him.  :D

I watched episode 8 of Spy Family

Spoiler
Yuri seems like an innocent man until his more sinister side is revealed. I feel like in Yuri's mind anything goes as long as he's able to protect the country he and Yor live in.  I also get the impression that it's only a matter of time before all of the secret identities are revealed.

I bought the Sailor Moon R movie today. The plot sounds the least interesting of the 3 SM movies to me, but it completes my set.  It also had a bonus episode on it that was originally shown with the movie in theaters.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 06:10:36 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 16, 2022, 07:57:22 PM »
I finished Spy Family

Spoiler
I love how Anya was able to hear Ken (I think that's the little boy's name that was drowning? and put herself at risk to try to save him even if Twilight had to rescue both kids. 

Sometimes I wonder if Anya will ever tell Twilight that she can read minds.

The aquarium/penguin episode was cute.  I don't know how Twilight was able to learn all of the penguins' names in such a short time.  He does mention the contest where he won the stuffed penguin but I'm not sure if that happened before or after he was inside the exhibit. 

Can the white dog see the future?

The US has a release date for the final season of Fruits Basket.  It will be in October.  Akito is on the over.

I thought I found Free Final Stroke on preorder on RightStufanime but when I looked at the description it looked like it's just a movie made out of season 3/Dive to the Future episodes with some extra scenes.  I'm hoping  the season 3 movie might be a clue that we'll see at least the first part of Final Stroke in the US soon.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 20, 2022, 03:51:08 PM »
I'm pleasantly surprised to find that they decided to do a second season for the Classroom of the Elite, since there's a bunch of books and it's a clever concept...I need to rewatch the first part though to remember exactly how it ended up. Today I also discovered The Devil is a Part Timer is also getting a second season. That's so silly that I'm going to be watching that as well. World domination from a fast food restaurant. Kind of. :)

Hoping there are still plans for more Tiger and Bunny come the autumn. I suppose that one depends on Netflix though. :/

@Ponyfan, Eijun's VA doesn't appear right at the beginning. I'm not even sure if he's in season 1, tbh. He might be...I can't remember, but he might not be. He's definitely in Season 2.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 20, 2022, 04:12:58 PM »
I thought Devil is a Part Timer ended in a weird spot so a second season is a welcome announcement.  There are others out there that would benefit from a second season, too but who knows if that'll happen.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 22, 2022, 12:44:00 AM »
I thought Devil is a Part Timer ended in a weird spot so a second season is a welcome announcement.  There are others out there that would benefit from a second season, too but who knows if that'll happen.

No kidding. I complain about this a lot, I know, but Akatsuki no Yona has so much unanimated manga that it's almost criminal.

It did take 15 years or more for Saiyuuki's Even a Worm arc to be properly animated, mind you. And it took 10 or 11 years to get Tiger and Bunny a sequel. Maybe there's hope...

I agree about Devil is a Part Timer. It's such a fun concept, I look forward to seeing where it goes next.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 22, 2022, 07:26:21 AM »
Don't forget the RightStuf Birthday Sale.  Next week (starting Sunday, I think) is the last week.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 04, 2022, 07:42:10 PM »
Crunchyroll and Rightstufanime announced today that rsa has been bought by Crunchyroll. I guess that means they're owned by Sony now.

I thought I heard another familiar voice in Haikyuu but wasn't quite sure if I recognized it or if it's just that I've watched so much anime that everyone starts to sound like another character I've seen. It turns out it was someone that I know from Daiya.  It was Mei's va voicing Kemma.   Kemma sounds like a tired version of Mei to me.  I guess because he doesn't have that arrogant tone that Mei usually does.

I fiinally finished the first season of Komi.  :)

Ponyfan 

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 05, 2022, 10:36:33 AM »
I've just sorted through my DVDs and so found a bunch of anime I haven't watched in years or have never watched. DVDs I didn't realise I even had O.o. I'm not keeping all of them, some are going to charity shops, but I feel like I ought to be watching some of these...sometime.

My CR is driving me crazy at the moment with buffering though. It's been like that since the Funi merger, and I know it isn't my app or my tech, because it mysteriously doesn't happen with currently airing anime. I could watch SpyxFamily just fine, but watching an ep of, say, Daiya, involves about 10 points where the ep buffers. It didn't used to happen prior to the merger. I wish they'd also upgrade their servers at the same time they add a ton more members and anime, sigh.

I didn't mention it at the time but I watched Blue Period on Netflix a few months back and enjoyed it. Definitely a recommend from me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 09, 2022, 06:26:07 AM »
I've seen Blue Period manga but wasn't sure if it was something that I'd be interested in.  I'll check the anime out though. :)

Fruits Basket season 3 is up for preorder on Amazon now.

I've made it halfway through season 1 of Haikyuu.  I like it, but Daiya is still my favorite sports anime.  It looks like they'll be an announcement this week about Haikyuu season 5.

My CR buffers sometimes too especially if I try to pause an episode and go back because I couldn't keep up with the subtitles. Then it takes me a few tries to get the episode to restart smoothly.   There's one episode of Daiya (I think the first or second episode of Act 2) where there's something wrong with the episode on CR.  In a few seconds it turns in to pixels and the sound becomes distorted.  It only happens on that episode though and not any of the others.  If you can make it past the opening the rest of the episode plays fine.  I wonder why that one episode is messed up and none of the others. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:14:19 AM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 12, 2022, 02:18:39 PM »
I don't think it messes up for me, but I admit I do a lot of fast forwarding on those eps because of the brief recap and also because Komadai as a team annoy me, especially their pitcher. So I skip over that stuff.

Daiya is better than Haikyuu, just not so many people watch or follow Daiya because it's less accessible without a dub/manga translation. I want a new season of Daiya but I'm also torn because I only want one if they win this game xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal