collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205955 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1260 on: May 24, 2022, 06:30:32 AM »
Binged through Made in Abyss this past weekend... 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 24, 2022, 07:05:55 PM »
SpyxFamily is the gift that keeps on giving. Seriously. I have so many hopes for Tasogare, Yor and Anya as they navigate being a family while trying to save the world.

Anya is so cute. Clip link in spoiler tag.
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nHpuMNA6kY
Note: Relevant stuff ends at 1.10, after that is random nonrelated.

Also, on an unrelated note, this theme song is still eating my brain horribly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REhyrzmEkk
(Warning for scenes of fighting etc).

I actually went back to watch Kuroko no Basuke this week as well. I watched the first eps ages ago but just decided to watch it again. I still feel like the kiseki no sedai idea is pretty ridiculous...I mean Daiya has the Inajitsu team and they're pretty high rated but not unrealistically so, IMO...) but I do kind of like the idea of a main character like Kuroko.

Me watching sports anime when I don't care at all about the sport being played xD.

Anya is cute.  :lovey:  I'm going to add SpyxFamily to my watchlist after watching that clip.

I also listened to the theme song for Moriarty. I like it.  I was going to add it to my anime playlist but it's not on US iTunes. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 30, 2022, 10:28:35 AM »
I watched Belle/Ryu to Sobakasu no Hime.  Some of it was good but the ending wasn't satisfying to me and left me wanting more.  I didn't feel like the conflict was completely resolved.

Spoiler
There's a huge online world called U.  When a person downloads U, the U device scans their biometric information and creates an avatar.  The U device also merges the avatar somewhat with the user's physical body.  If the person using U is hurt their avatar reflects that.  At one point Suzu bumps her head and her avatar also has bump on her head.

In U, Suzu becomes Bell, a beautiful singer.  One day an avatar called the Beast crashes her concert and is being chased by the Justiciars.  One of them says the Beast is nothing but trouble and he will erase the Beast's avatar from U revealing who the real person is.  Bell/Suzu wants to find out more about the person behind the avatar.

It was worth a watch and a lot of it kept me captivated but there's at least one shot where the computer animation is horrible and looks out of place with the rest of the scene. 

I was kept guessing about who the Beast was until it was revealed.  I thought that I had figured it out, but I was wrong.   

I was surprised that the film showed an abusive father in a realistic way and how much what he was doing to his sons hurt them not only physically but emotionally as well.     

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 10:56:42 AM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1263 on: May 30, 2022, 02:58:27 PM »
I'm on a sort of sports anime kick and finished watching Salaryman's Club today. The company names are so unsubtly changed from real Japanese companies but whatever xD.

It feels like a long time since I watched an anime where Miki Shinichirou voiced a main role.

I know he does a lot of side parts still but I kind of miss it, I guess now he does more production etc, that's why, but still. It was nostalgic :) (I know he voices one of the coaches in Haikyuu but can't remember which right now. Is it Date? *ponders*)

I've also almost finished Kuroko's Basketball. Or rather, Kuroko's Power Rangers, as I'm now going to call them, because ridiculous powers + colour coding. xD.

AND the new ep of SpyxFamily, which had not enough of Anya in this week :(

Spoiler
Yor's family has some big problems. Watching Tasogare outsmart Yuri was fun though. Hopefully he keeps it up next episode
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 31, 2022, 07:42:19 AM »
I watched Belle/Ryu to Sobakasu no Hime.  Some of it was good but the ending wasn't satisfying to me and left me wanting more.  I didn't feel like the conflict was completely resolved.

Spoiler
There's a huge online world called U.  When a person downloads U, the U device scans their biometric information and creates an avatar.  The U device also merges the avatar somewhat with the user's physical body.  If the person using U is hurt their avatar reflects that.  At one point Suzu bumps her head and her avatar also has bump on her head.

In U, Suzu becomes Bell, a beautiful singer.  One day an avatar called the Beast crashes her concert and is being chased by the Justiciars.  One of them says the Beast is nothing but trouble and he will erase the Beast's avatar from U revealing who the real person is.  Bell/Suzu wants to find out more about the person behind the avatar.

It was worth a watch and a lot of it kept me captivated but there's at least one shot where the computer animation is horrible and looks out of place with the rest of the scene. 

I was kept guessing about who the Beast was until it was revealed.  I thought that I had figured it out, but I was wrong.   

I was surprised that the film showed an abusive father in a realistic way and how much what he was doing to his sons hurt them not only physically but emotionally as well.     

Ponyfan

Agreed.  I think it's like a mashup of Summer Wars and Beauty and the Beast but the ending could have done a little more.
Spoiler
Like, why didn't she take the boys home with her?  Leaving them with their father wasn't necessarily going to solve the problem.  Once she was gone there was nothing to stop him beating the boys again.  They could have shown her taking them to a family member's house, from their mother's side perhaps, on her way back to the train station.  It wouldn't have been a big scene but it would have been better closure for those characters.  And it would have been an interesting bit of irony to have the main Justifier guy BE their dad, who seemed pretty stressed out about his work, which is part of why he beat the boys.

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 31, 2022, 12:22:21 PM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan

Agreed.  I think it's like a mashup of Summer Wars and Beauty and the Beast but the ending could have done a little more.
Spoiler
Like, why didn't she take the boys home with her?  Leaving them with their father wasn't necessarily going to solve the problem.  Once she was gone there was nothing to stop him beating the boys again.  They could have shown her taking them to a family member's house, from their mother's side perhaps, on her way back to the train station.  It wouldn't have been a big scene but it would have been better closure for those characters.  And it would have been an interesting bit of irony to have the main Justifier guy BE their dad, who seemed pretty stressed out about his work, which is part of why he beat the boys.

Spoiler

I agree.   I even watched the credits for a while to see if there was another scene with the boys, but I didn't see one. 

I thought maybe Suzu felt okay leaving the boys with their father becasue she knew that the police would be coming the next day and Kei? (the older one) said that he would stand up to their dad and fight back.  That being said she went all that way to check on them so it doesn't make sense to protect them once and then leave them in the same situation. 

Also, if Suzu was able to discover who the Beast and the Angel really were because the younger brother was humming the song Bell sang just for the Beast, couldn't everyone else on U have done the same thing to find out Bell was Suzu?

I thought the Justifer guy was going to be the boys' dad too.  His anger at the Beast avatar and the guy wanting to reveal him would have played perfectly in to it really being their dad.

I thought the Beast was going to be Suzu's childhood friend Shinobu since he said he knew she was Bell in U. 

Ponyfan

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 04, 2022, 12:19:20 PM »
I really should check out Belle myself... when I looked it up a few months ago, I thought the synopsis sounded a bit 'meh' for the same reasons you guys mentioned so I didn't bother to look into the screenings of it that were going on over here.. but I wouldn't mind watching it at home sometime.

Is anyone else looking forward to the Tokyo Mew Mew New anime airing next month? :) Silly name for a reboot (I always cringe when reboots/remakes/etc just put "new" into the title, it sounds silly/weird after a few years have passed! it's not gonna be new forever! XP) but it looks like it's gonna be good, especially since from what we've seen of it so far, it seems like it's taking cues from the original anime as well, instead of just being a 1:1 remake of the manga. The old anime added a lot to the manga so I'm excited to see they're not throwing it out completely.

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 04, 2022, 07:34:24 PM »
Free Final Stroke part 2 has been released in Japan.  I hope this means that countries outside of Japan will finally get to see part 1.

Here's a couple of trailers for part 2.  One of them has subtitles and the other one doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLRwsl-uW0 no subtitles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GKWYr0VfWI - with subtitles.  I don't know if the subs are correct. 

I started watching Spy Family.  I thought Yuri's voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.  I was surprised when I found out that has the same voice artist as Raichi from Daiya.  Loid/Twilight's va is also in Daiya as Maki from Sensen Academy.   

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 05, 2022, 01:00:45 AM »
On the Free subject, I played the subless trailer and
Spoiler
It seems like Haru's having a crisis and they're all resolving to step up to support him...at one point one of them gets annoyed and tells him to hurry up and realise it. They seem to be talking about a relay so as expected they're probably going to swim one on the international stage.

I'm going to have to go look these up properly though.

I am so amused that you're hunting up voice artists now xD.

...Yuri's VA reminds me of another character from something else.

Edit: And it's Kuroko from Kuroko's Power Rangers Basketball. Well, that's probably why given I've been watching that lately as well.

Tasogare's is fine as Maki, and fine in SpyxFamily, but I want to throw things at him for his earbreaking 'foreigner' Japanese in another series he's in.

Looks like he's also in the cast of Kuroko.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 05, 2022, 06:17:05 PM »
On the Free subject, I played the subless trailer and
Spoiler
It seems like Haru's having a crisis and they're all resolving to step up to support him...at one point one of them gets annoyed and tells him to hurry up and realise it. They seem to be talking about a relay so as expected they're probably going to swim one on the international stage.

I'm going to have to go look these up properly though.

I am so amused that you're hunting up voice artists now xD.

...Yuri's VA reminds me of another character from something else.

Edit: And it's Kuroko from Kuroko's Power Rangers Basketball. Well, that's probably why given I've been watching that lately as well.

Tasogare's is fine as Maki, and fine in SpyxFamily, but I want to throw things at him for his earbreaking 'foreigner' Japanese in another series he's in.

Looks like he's also in the cast of Kuroko.

Free

Spoiler
I took a closer look at the trailer and one of the scenes is Haru collapsing (I'm assuming either right before or after a race) and his coach racing to his side.  There's also a shot of Rin with either Haru or Sousuke (I can't tell for sure who's standing next to Rin from the back) in front of a huge pool.

Continuing on the va character trail, Franky Frankin in Spy Family has the same va as Keishuk in Yona.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 05, 2022, 06:30:10 PM »
Free:
Spoiler
I'm guessing Haru had one of his "I can handle everything alone, whoops" moments, like when he weirded out, stood up in the race in season (2?) and then yelled all kinds of stuff at Rin.

...Which I suppose was actually payback for Rin shouting stuff at him in season 1, but there we are.

I'm too lazy to translate the trailer since there's already one out with some kind of subs (I didn't watch that one though).

I noticed that collapse scene as well. I guess post-race, maybe racing the blond guy, whatever his name was (the 'Swedish' guy who has a suspiciously americanised accent :O) I'm really happy it seems to have Rin back in the mix properly. It was fine in the last season but I didn't like him not being with the others any more.

Miyano Mamoru aside, and he tries his best, I also like that Free bothers to have cast for English speaking characters that are native speakers or enough so that you can believe them. I watched some of another series recently with a character who is meant to have studied in England and there's a scene where he's correcting all of his teachers' pronunciations...but horribly.

I looked up the dvd of the first part of the Free special and it costs (in currency conversion) £55, which is probably around $70. For just one dvd. So I will be waiting for CR to pick it up I guess :) I'm sure they will, eventually.

It's funny, although I know Keishuk does have a role in the anime, I feel like most of his stuff is manga so I always forget he has a voice artist...

I just watched the latest ep of SpyxFamily :D Anya's botched grammar attempts at politeness are win.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 06:33:20 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 07, 2022, 03:31:27 PM »
Free:
Spoiler
I'm guessing Haru had one of his "I can handle everything alone, whoops" moments, like when he weirded out, stood up in the race in season (2?) and then yelled all kinds of stuff at Rin.

...Which I suppose was actually payback for Rin shouting stuff at him in season 1, but there we are.

I'm too lazy to translate the trailer since there's already one out with some kind of subs (I didn't watch that one though).

I noticed that collapse scene as well. I guess post-race, maybe racing the blond guy, whatever his name was (the 'Swedish' guy who has a suspiciously americanised accent :O) I'm really happy it seems to have Rin back in the mix properly. It was fine in the last season but I didn't like him not being with the others any more.

Miyano Mamoru aside, and he tries his best, I also like that Free bothers to have cast for English speaking characters that are native speakers or enough so that you can believe them. I watched some of another series recently with a character who is meant to have studied in England and there's a scene where he's correcting all of his teachers' pronunciations...but horribly.

I looked up the dvd of the first part of the Free special and it costs (in currency conversion) £55, which is probably around $70. For just one dvd. So I will be waiting for CR to pick it up I guess :) I'm sure they will, eventually.

It's funny, although I know Keishuk does have a role in the anime, I feel like most of his stuff is manga so I always forget he has a voice artist...

I just watched the latest ep of SpyxFamily :D Anya's botched grammar attempts at politeness are win.

Wow, that's really expensive.   :shocked:  I'm hoping both parts will be released on one DVD or that Crunchyroll will get it.  I think they got the Demon Slayer movie after it had been out for a long time. 

The theme song for Free Final Stroke part 2 by Oldcodex isn't on US iTunes.  I feel like it's starting to become a trend that I can't find anime songs on Yotube as easily as before.

Free

Spoiler

Didn't Rin's coach mention something at the end of Dive to the Future about being careful if Rin was racing against Albert because even the best racers have problems that seem to come out of nowhere and cost them the race when Albert is the opponent?

I'm guessing that they're probably all at the Olympics and Rin is most likely competing for Australia.

I'd much rather listen to the Free cast speak English than the Daiya vas for the American team.   

I need to watch more Spy x Family episodes. :) I'm also thinking about starting Backflip.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 03:33:28 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 07, 2022, 04:19:51 PM »
Free:
Spoiler
Rin will compete for Japan, surely? His Dad wanted to be a swimmer for Japan, and Rin is Japanese, even if he's studying over there. I'll be surprised - also disappointed - if this isn't them all on the same relay team for Japan.

You're right about the thing Haru's coach said though. Probably that's a factor since the guy is in the trailer.

I watched Backflip a while back. Like Tsurune it's short but sweet ;) I also watched Re-main, which is a bit of a brain twist but I guess it's fine? And some weird anime about a pop star who quits to become a hors jockey...yes, I've been going through all the sports series of late.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 13, 2022, 07:33:30 PM »
Free

Spoiler

You're right. Rin should be competing for Japan, not Australia. 

In the subtitled trailer Makoto says "Haru, I'm glad you're okay."  I'm assuming that happens after Haru collapsed. 

I hope that they're all on the same team too. :) I think there's something about all of them swimming a relay together that brings out the best in them.

Spy Family

Spoiler

I can't stop watching.  It's so much fun. :D  I think Anya's va really makes the show and reading the manga in this case wouldn't have the same effect.

I loved the episode where Anya wanted to play "rescue the princess" at the castle and how seriously all the other spies were taking it even though it was supposed to be game.  I was surprised Twilight can tap morse code with his foot. (I had to pause that scene a couple of time so I could read the subtitles and the translation of the message at the same time.)

That scene with Yor fighting Twilight made me hope that she never has to fight him for real.  I know she was drunk but it seemed like her Thorn Princess nature came out in that moment and she wasn't acting.

Horimiya showed up in my recommended CR shows (Kuroko's Basketball did also).  I added it to my watchlist. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 07:56:57 AM by Ponyfan »

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 16, 2022, 07:23:01 PM »
I watched a couple more episodes of Haikyuu.

I found Okamoto Nobuhiko's character. I have to admit that was surprising since Nishinoya is such a different character from Daiya's Ryosuke.  There was a moment though that I thought I heard Ryosuke's voice when Nishinoya wasn't yelling.

I thought Oikawa sounded familiar, so I looked up his va and discovered it's Chris from Daiya.

The new Viz Blu Ray release of the first season of Sailor Moon is out.  I don't have the new set but from the reviews I've seen so far it looks like they are using a different master than the sets they released before.   

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal