collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 206090 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1020 on: January 24, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »
I finished season 1 of Free.  I will be stating season 2 soon.  :D   I have a couple of episodes left of Monthly Girls before I finish the series.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 27, 2021, 10:42:24 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it's anime-related, so what the heck...

Anyone know if there's any way to buy tickets for an online stream on the Eplus.jp website, without being in Japan...? they have an "overseas" site but the event I'm interested in (an Ojamajo Doremi live event!) isn't on there :s and I believe the .jp site only accepts payments from residents of Japan... was thinking of asking a deputy buying service if there's any way they could help, but idk if that'd work and I'm nervous about wasting anyone's time/pestering them with a stupid question/etc... tried googling but no luck, just kept getting results for buying *physical* tickets from them which isn't what I'm looking for x) So I figured I'd ask here... Anyone here familiar w/ online JP events like this?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1022 on: January 27, 2021, 01:44:15 PM »
I've never done that, although I'm still kicking myself that I didn't get to attend an event when I was in Japan...I remember looking at tickets and stuff was complicated even with the language, but I don't know the site in question.

This may be an unhelpful post but do you know whether there will be a DVD release of the event after the fact? It's not uncommon in Japan to do this with big events. I have a lot of event DVDs from various things/series although some are more difficult to track down than others. If you can't find ticketing for the streaming then maybe that's something to look into? If there's a website for the event that information may be on it...

The thing with Japanese sites/etc is that they often want you to have a Japanese bank account or card to pay for the access. Even when I was in Japan, there were still things not accessible to me because of that.

We do have a couple of members actually in Japan though - Thimble is one, can't remember the other right now. Maybe they would be able to help you figure it out if you asked them directly??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 27, 2021, 06:32:18 PM »
I just watched the anime of The Little Mermaid.  I love Disney’s version but I also like this version because it follows the original storyline.  My one complaint about the DVD version is in the dub I can’t understand what Marina is singing.  The rest of the dialogue is clear( except for some background voices in the opening scene)  so I think it must be a problem with the original audio. 

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 30, 2021, 03:18:41 PM »
I'm thinking about checking out The Promised Neverland. Is it good?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 30, 2021, 05:33:23 PM »

I enjoyed it. It's a bit hardcore and twisty if you like stuff like that, but pretty nicely put together. I think there's supposed to be a second season at some point - there's certainly manga although I haven't read it...I've only heard a few spoilers.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 31, 2021, 06:55:52 PM »

I enjoyed it. It's a bit hardcore and twisty if you like stuff like that, but pretty nicely put together. I think there's supposed to be a second season at some point - there's certainly manga although I haven't read it...I've only heard a few spoilers.

Thanks Taf
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 02, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »
I've never done that, although I'm still kicking myself that I didn't get to attend an event when I was in Japan...I remember looking at tickets and stuff was complicated even with the language, but I don't know the site in question.

This may be an unhelpful post but do you know whether there will be a DVD release of the event after the fact? It's not uncommon in Japan to do this with big events. I have a lot of event DVDs from various things/series although some are more difficult to track down than others. If you can't find ticketing for the streaming then maybe that's something to look into? If there's a website for the event that information may be on it...

The thing with Japanese sites/etc is that they often want you to have a Japanese bank account or card to pay for the access. Even when I was in Japan, there were still things not accessible to me because of that.

We do have a couple of members actually in Japan though - Thimble is one, can't remember the other right now. Maybe they would be able to help you figure it out if you asked them directly??

(sorry for the late reply)

The websites are here, if it helps any:
https://www.doremi-anniv.com/news/event/2021011701/
https://eplus.jp/sf/detail/3364960002?P6=001&P1=0402&P59=1

Haven't seen anything about a DVD release yet, but I've been keeping an eye out for that :s If they'd already announced one I'd just wait for that, but since they haven't I'm worried about missing out, you know?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 03, 2021, 03:39:05 PM »
I had a look at the site but can't see any mention of whether it will be released on DVD. It's the kind of event that could be, because it's an anniversary event and such, but I guess it's not a guarantee.

Looking at the order thing, I can see that it's 3500 yen for the online ticket for streaming but I am a bit wary of pushing for payment methods because it wants a login and I don't want to give my details. So I can't guarantee whether they can help or not.

In terms of a proxy, I know some have paused services because of the pandemic but this is online and so there may be one that can help you. Or if one of our forum members in Japan can help you, even better.

Sorry if that wasn't much more helpful :/ I did look at the cd-japan catalogue to see if there were any previous examples of Doremi DVD event releases but it doesn't look like it, just animation.

Also, the event looks like a variety event with songs, talk sections and maybe live readings...it probably won't have subs so I don't know how much that would bother you? (Of course a DVD release wouldn't have subs either...)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 04, 2021, 09:38:32 AM »
yeah, I checked the FAQ and it says (using Google Translate here) "we accept credit cards, convenience stores/pay-easy ATMs, and online banking" and "we do not support purchases and viewings from outside Japan" which does seem to suggest they only accept Japanese cards, etc. :s

Yeah, I think this is the first time they've really done anything like this, so there's nothing to really look at and think "Oh, they did it this way before". if that makes sense. (I know what I mean but I'm failing at putting it into words >_<) :s That's the tricky thing.

Oh, yeah, I know it'll be unsubbed. I'm used to that with this fandom ^^;; Lots of untranslated old CD dramas and such, heh.

Thanks for the help, I'll have to look into proxy services I guess. Might make another thread on here about it too, since it's easy for stuff to get lost in this big thread ^^; But yeah ty for helping, I really appreciate it.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 04, 2021, 04:29:44 PM »
TBH one of the reasons I started learning Japanese was because I was so frustrated not understanding the dialogue sections from the Neoroma events I got into back in 2007. It was Fushigi Yuugi that inspired me to learn, in part because of its untranslated novels, but because I started following up the voice artists from that, I stumbled onto those series and then the events and I really wanted to know what was going on outside of the song performances. The first time I was able to get the word play joke in one of the dramas I felt really proud of myself xD.

I'm sorry not to be of more use. I've never had to buy tickets before in Japan or otherwise, as the only performance I attended when I was there was Bunraku and the professor who was my mentor while I was over there arranged it all.

I hope you find a proxy; it sounds like a vpn might also be needed, depending on whether they're going by location. And if all else fails, I hope they release a DVD. Though not all event DVDs show up on Amazon or CDJapan, they do generally show up on the yahoo auctions - and proxies WILL buy from those if need be, at least providing shipping between here and Japan normalises. The proxy I use is shut down at the moment because apparently there's an issue shipping to certain countries in the West via Japanese post. I don't know what all the details are but in November they said shipping to the UK was very slow and advised couriers :/ I don't know how that will impact their services for digital events but just be warned. Nothing is normal right now.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 12, 2021, 09:36:32 AM »
I’ve stopped watching The Final season of Attack on Titan. One episode made me cry  :cry: Sasha’s death at the hands of Gabi she (Sasha) was one of my favourite characters I’ve only got my favourite character Parco now (don’t know how long he will last in the series).

:sad: :cloud: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: Sasha!!!

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 12, 2021, 03:56:55 PM »
We had a Valentine game at work today and one of the questions was "In Japan what do girls often give guys on Valentine's Day?"  I knew the answer was chocolates.   It made me smile that something I learned from anime was useful in real life. :D

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 13, 2021, 07:31:59 AM »
We had a Valentine game at work today and one of the questions was "In Japan what do girls often give guys on Valentine's Day?"  I knew the answer was chocolates.   It made me smile that something I learned from anime was useful in real life. :D

Ponyfan

Who says you can't learn from anime? ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 19, 2021, 05:54:30 AM »
I'll be getting the Blu-Ray of Fruits Basket Season 2 part 1 soon. :D

I don't know how many people like Funko Pops but I saw on Amazon there will be Pops of Torhru, Yuki (Amazon has him listed at Tuki :lol:)  , Kyo and Shiguire.  I was surprised to see Pops of them.  I think this year is the 20th anniversary of the original anime? 

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:13:24 AM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal