collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205956 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1005 on: January 04, 2021, 12:32:14 AM »
I just saw that Amazon has a release date for Fruits Basket season 2 part 2.  It is scheduled to be released in March.  That surprises me a little since we had a much longer wait between the two halves of season 1.  Shigure is on the cover.

The irony of that comment is that I have done more ice skating than I have ever engaged with baseball, yet I've watched all of Daiya and read the manga. I still don't care about baseball at all  in real life, and it's not even really a thing in the UK.

I’m not a sports fan in real life but I love Diamond no Ace. :D  I’m also enjoying Free so far.

Ponyfan

The only sport that I follow with any real interest is football (soccer). But there's only one anime about football that I can stand (the others I've found have annoyed me). And it's not really because it's about football that I like it, but for other reasons. Characters, the plot premise (while brutal and completely unbelievable) and so on.

I really think a good series is a good series irrespective of the subject it's based around.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 04, 2021, 08:22:28 AM »

I really think a good series is a good series irrespective of the subject it's based around.

I agree. :D

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 04, 2021, 08:29:48 AM »
Finished Yuri on Ice (again) and I've watched Kenka Bancho Otome Girl Beats Boys for the first time.  The episodes are short (about 8 minutes, I think) but it's cute and funny.  Not sure what I'm watching next.  Maybe I'll watch the next season of Pokemon as a break from the more "serious" ones I've been watching.  I'm on one of the Johto generation sets. 

Anyone watched Eyeshield 21?  It took me a bit to get into it but I'm on the third DVD set and I'm enjoying it (it's one that I watch while I'm walking on the treadmill because it's only in Japanese and I have to read the subtitles so it's a bit slow going).  It's interesting to see how they portrayed the American Football team they played against--yet some of it is so true, like getting Kanji Tattoos that they don't know the meanings of.   :lol:

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 12, 2021, 11:51:34 AM »
I was hoping to find Season 2 of Fruits Basket today in store but I didn’t even see a spot on the shelf or a shelf tag.  I looked online and it looks like Walmart is not carrying it in their stores.

I’m still watching Free and Monthly Girls. I will rewatch Diamond no Ace sometime also. 

I haven’t watched Eyesheild 21 but what you say about the American team pokeyonekenobie reminds me when

(Not sure if this is a spoiler but just in case)
Spoiler
The Japanese all star team played against the American team in Diamond no Ace

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 12, 2021, 01:07:06 PM »
If so, I hope the dialogue was less of a cringe.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 12, 2021, 01:21:48 PM »
I was hoping to find Season 2 of Fruits Basket today in store but I didn’t even see a spot on the shelf or a shelf tag.  I looked online and it looks like Walmart is not carrying it in their stores.

My Walmart never had part 2 of season 1, so I'm not surprised.  What bothers me is that I've been told by store employees that they don't carry it in store because it doesn't sell.  Yet they still have several copies of One Punch Man season 1 that are shelf warming (and have been there since it was released) and they've now got season 2 (which just came out) on the shelves.  They also still have Inuyasha, Boruto, and several others that have been there and I'm pretty positive are not restocks since the number on the shelf never changes.  I feel like Fruits Basket would sell if it was available.

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 12, 2021, 02:02:51 PM »

My Walmart never had part 2 of season 1, so I'm not surprised.  What bothers me is that I've been told by store employees that they don't carry it in store because it doesn't sell.  Yet they still have several copies of One Punch Man season 1 that are shelf warming (and have been there since it was released) and they've now got season 2 (which just came out) on the shelves.  They also still have Inuyasha, Boruto, and several others that have been there and I'm pretty positive are not restocks since the number on the shelf never changes.  I feel like Fruits Basket would sell if it was available.

All of the Walmart stores in my area are the same. :( I know everyone likes different series but it’s a little annoying to see many animes that I’m not interested in shelf warming and having to always hunt for the ones I do want to watch. I think the last anime I got in store was Weathering With You.

I think Fruits Basket would sell too.  The manga seems to be selling well due to the new series.

If so, I hope the dialogue was less of a cringe.

Just thinking about the
Spoiler
all stars v American team game
makes me remember some of the awkward dialogue.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:09:39 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 12, 2021, 02:07:47 PM »

All of the Walmart stores in my area are the same. :( I know everyone likes different series but it’s a little annoying to see many animes that I’m not interested in shelf warming and having to always hunt for the ones I do want to watch. I think the last anime I got in store was Weathering With You.

I think Fruits Basket would sell too.  The manga seems to be selling well due to the new series.

Ponyfan

Yeah, I think I'm just going to keep an eye on RightStuf and see if I can order both parts of Season 2 at once from them once the second part comes out.  Maybe they'll have a random sale or something.  If not, I can always wait for their holiday sale next November/December (but I don't really want to wait that long so I'll probably end up buying them sooner.)

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 16, 2021, 11:17:46 AM »
I've checked several stores this week for Fruits Basket Season 2 and it looks like most stores are not carrying it. :(    I will order it online probably next month or after Part 2 is released.

I watched Whisper of the Heart last night.

Ponyfan

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 16, 2021, 11:43:21 AM »

Oooo that's one of my absolute favorites!  Did you like it?  I'm going to have Concrete Road stuck in my head now just thinking about it  :lol:

I think I'm going to try to find Tokyo Godfathers.  Haven't seen it in a few years and Christmas put me in the mood to see it again.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 16, 2021, 12:40:19 PM »
I have slipped into one of my Asian drama watching modes, but prior to that I rewatched Charlotte. Then yesterday the drama version of Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi (aka Erased)...and am now going through my drama series dvds xD.

I do love Charlotte, though I really wish they had done it across more episodes. It feels like it needs more episodes. And definitely more of an epilogue after the story ends.

I love Erased, too, but I like the drama series more than the anime. I keep meaning to find time to acquire the manga.

Spoiler
Sometimes I wonder if Kenya and Satoru chatting on stairwells is a subtle play on words...a staircase is a kaidan in Japanese, and kaidan can also be a story about creepy things...so a kaidanbanashi is a chat about creepy things or a chat in a stairwell...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 16, 2021, 01:10:04 PM »

Oooo that's one of my absolute favorites!  Did you like it?  I'm going to have Concrete Road stuck in my head now just thinking about it  :lol:

Yes. :D  I have "Country Roads" in my head now. 

I've heard "baka" so many times in Diamond no Ace that even though I was watching the dub of Whisper of the Heart, when I heard Shizuku say "idiot" my brain translated it  in Japanese  :lol:

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 17, 2021, 08:48:37 AM »

Yes. :D  I have "Country Roads" in my head now. 

I've heard "baka" so many times in Diamond no Ace that even though I was watching the dub of Whisper of the Heart, when I heard Shizuku say "idiot" my brain translated it  in Japanese  :lol:

Ponyfan

I had a weird situation watching a Chinese drama the other night where one of the characters said (according to the subs, 'that's ridiculous!'. And it sounded just like baka na in Japanese, which is kind of what that means...

So now I think that baka has Chinese origins...xD

I did a year only of Mandarin Chinese so when I watch Chinese dramas certain words and phrases jump out at me as familiar, while many don't. But I don't usually hear words that remind me of Japanese...xD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 17, 2021, 08:56:28 PM »
I watched Royal Tutor this weekend and now I'm watching Chihayafuru.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 18, 2021, 12:13:32 AM »
Chihayafuru <3.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal