collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 206147 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #990 on: December 27, 2020, 03:33:42 PM »
I started watching Free.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #991 on: December 27, 2020, 03:38:49 PM »
I started watching Free.

Ponyfan

Haru in the bathtub and the fishtank. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 30, 2020, 04:07:14 PM »
I started watching Free.

Ponyfan

Haru in the bathtub and the fishtank. :)

I have to wonder how Haru thought he would actually be able to swim in the fishtank.  :lol:

I'm playing spot the va now too.   :D  So far I've found two more vas besides Furuya's that also have roles in Diamond no Ace.

Ponyfan

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 01, 2021, 08:11:07 PM »
I started watching Free.

I'm rewatching Yuri On Ice lately.  Maybe because I miss ice skating :|   Watching it knowing the huge twist toward the end is really interesting  :lol: 

Does anyone ever watch those comedy "abridged" series on youtube?  Like 50% Off or...I think there was at least one for Fullmetal Alchemist but I can't remember its name...?  Or am I gonna get my metaphorical head bitten off for even asking ha ha
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 01, 2021, 09:27:39 PM »
I started watching Free.

I'm rewatching Yuri On Ice lately.  Maybe because I miss ice skating :|   Watching it knowing the huge twist toward the end is really interesting  :lol: 

Does anyone ever watch those comedy "abridged" series on youtube?  Like 50% Off or...I think there was at least one for Fullmetal Alchemist but I can't remember its name...?  Or am I gonna get my metaphorical head bitten off for even asking ha ha

I remember seeing DBZ Abridged a looong time ago...can barely remember it

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 02, 2021, 10:35:59 AM »
I started watching Free.

Hey, me too!  I just love watching how pretty they drew everything.  It makes me wish I'd never stopped skating (not that I was any good, the only "tricks" I could do were going backwards and crossing over my feet when I turned corners) but I always wanted to be better at it.  Now I'm not sure my knees would let me...

I ordered so many series between the RightStuf, Sentai, and Funimation sales over the last 2 months.  I have an order from RightStuf that should come today and 2 more that are pending.  I only hope that some of my impulse buys (they were $2.99 from Sentai!) are actually good and they weren't cheap because they're awful. :P

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 02, 2021, 01:48:00 PM »

Hey, me too!  I just love watching how pretty they drew everything.  It makes me wish I'd never stopped skating (not that I was any good, the only "tricks" I could do were going backwards and crossing over my feet when I turned corners) but I always wanted to be better at it.  Now I'm not sure my knees would let me...

It IS a really pretty show!  Tonight I'm on the last episode...I can't remember how it ends really, so I'll be surprised I guess.  Are you in the middle of it?

You can always skate without doing anything fancy!  Just gliding around the rink feels so good, imo.  I can't do any fancy jumps or anything either, I mostly just play hockey.  But really...it's that gliding sensation that is so satisfying to me. 

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 02, 2021, 03:23:52 PM »
Yuri on Ice is on my watchlist. 

I'm still watching Free.

I will also be catching up on Fruits Basket Season 2 part one when the Blu ray is released.

It's probably time to rewatch Yona also. :D

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 02, 2021, 04:12:29 PM »
Oh for a second or third season of Yona.

I did watch Yuri, but I didn't really get into it. It didn't live up to the hype for me...maybe I need to watch it again, though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 03, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »

We need more animated Yona. :D. Everytime a new manga volume is released in the US there are always a lot of posts asking for another season of Yona.

Ponyfan

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 03, 2021, 10:01:59 AM »

I did watch Yuri, but I didn't really get into it. It didn't live up to the hype for me...maybe I need to watch it again, though.

Soooo much of the screen time is dedicated to the scenes of ice skating, it's understandable that folks not into ice skating wouldn't get too excited about it.   

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 03, 2021, 11:34:13 AM »

Soooo much of the screen time is dedicated to the scenes of ice skating, it's understandable that folks not into ice skating wouldn't get too excited about it.   

The irony of that comment is that I have done more ice skating than I have ever engaged with baseball, yet I've watched all of Daiya and read the manga. I still don't care about baseball at all  in real life, and it's not even really a thing in the UK.

It's not about the setting or the technical detail, I can manage that. I've watched a lot of series in which I don't have experience of what's happening in the story. But if I don't like the characters and the plot doesn't grab me then that's just how it is. I wouldn't have watched Daiya if the characters hadn't been engaging from the start. I'm quite ruthless with sports series and it either works or it doesn't.

I'm not saying the series is bad, or anything. I know it's popular. Just for me personally it didn't click. I don't like either of the main characters, so that made it difficult to care about them (although I really really tried).

Enjoying a series about something you don't know much about is normal. I know a lot of people who enjoyed Yuri who have done less skating than I have. I'm just not one of them. I really wanted to like it. I just didn't. *Shrug* c'est la vie.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:35:51 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 03, 2021, 02:12:07 PM »

The irony of that comment is that I have done more ice skating than I have ever engaged with baseball, yet I've watched all of Daiya and read the manga. I still don't care about baseball at all  in real life, and it's not even really a thing in the UK.

It's not about the setting or the technical detail, I can manage that. I've watched a lot of series in which I don't have experience of what's happening in the story. But if I don't like the characters and the plot doesn't grab me then that's just how it is. I wouldn't have watched Daiya if the characters hadn't been engaging from the start. I'm quite ruthless with sports series and it either works or it doesn't.

I'm not saying the series is bad, or anything. I know it's popular. Just for me personally it didn't click. I don't like either of the main characters, so that made it difficult to care about them (although I really really tried).

Enjoying a series about something you don't know much about is normal. I know a lot of people who enjoyed Yuri who have done less skating than I have. I'm just not one of them. I really wanted to like it. I just didn't. *Shrug* c'est la vie.

It seems that you have misunderstood my comment.  But that's okay, it doesn't really matter.

So I finished the series... and I'm left with the urge to go to the skating rink.  It's been almost a year ;_;   I wonder what to watch next... I've been meaning to try that one where Jesus and Buddha live together as roommates, has anyone seen it?  I've heard mixed reviews.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 03, 2021, 02:15:08 PM »

It seems that you have misunderstood my comment.  But that's okay, it doesn't really matter.
I don't think so. I think I understood it exactly as it was meant.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 03, 2021, 06:30:40 PM »
I just saw that Amazon has a release date for Fruits Basket season 2 part 2.  It is scheduled to be released in March.  That surprises me a little since we had a much longer wait between the two halves of season 1.  Shigure is on the cover.

I’m not a sports fan in real life but I love Diamond no Ace. :D  I’m also enjoying Free so far.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal