collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 206272 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #870 on: July 16, 2020, 04:25:17 PM »
I added the Mr Love anime to my watchlist but I'm going to wait for a few episodes to air before I start watching it.

I'm also still watching Diamond no Ace Season 2.

I might rewatch A Silent Voice soon. I haven’t watched that one for a long time.

Also several titles will be released to Blu Ray/DVD in the next few months. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:34:28 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 24, 2020, 06:10:10 AM »
I finished the 2nd Season of Diamond no Ace.  I'm glad I gave this series a chance.  I'm not a big fan of sports in real life but this has become one of my favorite animes. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #872 on: July 24, 2020, 07:47:11 AM »
I finished the 2nd Season of Diamond no Ace.  I'm glad I gave this series a chance.  I'm not a big fan of sports in real life but this has become one of my favorite animes. :)

Ponyfan

<3
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 27, 2020, 04:56:21 AM »
I once again, need something to watch :lookround:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 28, 2020, 07:12:28 PM »

Ponyfan

<3

:D

I started Season 3 of Diamond no Ace. 

@tikibirds, what types of animes do you like?   

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 29, 2020, 02:31:17 PM »
I have been...

Shall we say persuaded...?

To watch the first two eps of the EVOLXLOVE anime (Mr Love...whatever).

It's early to say if it's gonna be a good series or not, but it seems ok so far. The subs with the English names drive me mad though because I can hear the names they actually say and it's so disjointing having them say one thing and the subs writing a completely different name. I get that's the name for the game in English but I wished they left the English name for the dub and kept the subs to the Japanese.

Otherwise, so far the MC seems like a genuine idiot. But I've played my fair share of otome games/watched otome anime and that's pretty part for the course xD

I do wish they'd given her a name though. They've just called her 'Watashi' (I).

@Ponyfan, I can't believe I've managed to corrupt you to both Daiya and Yona. (Fushigi Yuugi next? XDD)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 02:42:38 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 30, 2020, 05:59:47 AM »
I have been...

Shall we say persuaded...?

To watch the first two eps of the EVOLXLOVE anime (Mr Love...whatever).

It's early to say if it's gonna be a good series or not, but it seems ok so far. The subs with the English names drive me mad though because I can hear the names they actually say and it's so disjointing having them say one thing and the subs writing a completely different name. I get that's the name for the game in English but I wished they left the English name for the dub and kept the subs to the Japanese.

Otherwise, so far the MC seems like a genuine idiot. But I've played my fair share of otome games/watched otome anime and that's pretty part for the course xD

I do wish they'd given her a name though. They've just called her 'Watashi' (I).

@Ponyfan, I can't believe I've managed to corrupt you to both Daiya and Yona. (Fushigi Yuugi next? XDD)

You also introduced me to amazing Japanese vas.  :D   Chances are good that I will get in to Fushigi Yuugi also. 

I've been waiting for a few episodes of EvolxLove/Mr Love to air so I can watch several episodes at once. 

There's many times in the Mr Love game that MC makes incredibly idiotic decisions just to give the guys a reason to come and rescue her.  One of the things that's most annoying to me about her is she will be warned not to go somewhere because it's dangerous but she will go anyway and then wonder how she ended up needing to be rescued.   

I'm not sure why the subs went with the English names when the anime uses the Japanese ones.   

I noticed when I watched one of the Diamond no Ace episodes that the subs had some of the character names misspelled.  Narumiya was spelled in the subs as Nariumi and Tojo's name was spelled Toyjo.  I know that whoever was making the subtitles just made a mistake  when they were typing but it was the first episode I noticed the character names not being spelled correctly.

Ponyfan     

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 07:18:10 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 30, 2020, 12:22:02 PM »
The Daiya subs have problems sometimes. There's at least one line in the last ep of season 1 where it's subbed as something like 'what did he say'? and that's clearly a translator note which didn't get fixed because what's actually said is something different. I can hear it so I don't know why they can't :/ It's Kanemaru and it's something about Eijun getting by without conceding a point.

And in Season 3 there's a lovely moment where the subs call Kaneda a catcher even though it says Pitcher on screen and one where they switch Yui and Masashi's names. Sigh. I could write a long rant about Daiya subs.

...Yeah, the MC from EvolxLove seems a bit like that. Like, "this is dangerous! But I need to do it!"

Yuugi is great, if a bit old now - but at times, a bit emotionally brutal. But given that you've survived Yona, it's probably fine ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 01, 2020, 10:28:34 AM »
The Daiya subs have problems sometimes. There's at least one line in the last ep of season 1 where it's subbed as something like 'what did he say'? and that's clearly a translator note which didn't get fixed because what's actually said is something different. I can hear it so I don't know why they can't :/ It's Kanemaru and it's something about Eijun getting by without conceding a point.

And in Season 3 there's a lovely moment where the subs call Kaneda a catcher even though it says Pitcher on screen and one where they switch Yui and Masashi's names. Sigh. I could write a long rant about Daiya subs.

...Yeah, the MC from EvolxLove seems a bit like that. Like, "this is dangerous! But I need to do it!"

Yuugi is great, if a bit old now - but at times, a bit emotionally brutal. But given that you've survived Yona, it's probably fine ;)

I thought something was off in that scene at the end of season 1 when Kanemaru said that because it didn't make sense with what was happening on the screen but then I thought that maybe Eijun mumbled something that I didn't catch and that's what Kanemaru was responding to.

That's exactly how EvolxLove's MC thinks a lot of the time.  There's a few times when she is targeted and it's not completely her fault that she's in danger but there are other times when it is.

Are you going to watch more episodes of EvolxLove?

I'm thinking about starting One Piece.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:34:19 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 01, 2020, 10:33:05 AM »
I guess we'll see how long the persuasion continues ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 08, 2020, 10:30:06 AM »
I saw Ride Your Wave on Blu Ray yesterday. The plot looks interesting but it's from the same director as Lu Over the Wall.  I liked Lu Over the Wall enough to rewatch it sometimes but there were a couple of parts that feel disconnected from the rest of the movie.

I'm currently watching Diamond on Ace  season 3 and will be starting EvolxLove soon. I will probably also be starting Fushigi Yuugi.  :D

I will rewatch A Silent Voice soon too.

I also want watch more of Monthly Girls.  I finally figured out how to make Netflix work without stopping on the Smart TV. :) 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 12:54:39 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 08, 2020, 02:40:09 PM »
Rewatching Furuba season 1 and finally going to get onto S2 this time.

Do we have DVDs of season 2 yet anywhere btw or just s1?

I also intend on rewatching Haikyuu because I have s.1 of that on DVD as well.

I have so much anime to catch up on it's ridiculous.

I also haven't watched all the eps of s3 of Daiya (read the manga though) yet. Kinda don't want to get to 'the end' although I hope there will be a s4 since the manga is still going (last week was so intense though ><)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 08, 2020, 07:28:44 PM »
I keep forgetting about the 2nd season of Fruits Basket.  :blush: 

I was looking for Fruits Basket season 2 DVDs the other day on Amazon and didn't see any listings for them yet.  Do you know if season 2 will be split in two parts like season 1?

Haikyuu is also on my to be watched list.  I've lost count of how many titles are on that list.  :lol:

I know what you mean about not wanting to reach the end of s3 Diamond no Ace.  I'm not very far in to s3 yet but part of me doesn't want to run out of animated episodes.  I still need to watch the ovas.  I hope there will be a s4.  I heard a rumor that s4 might come out next year.     

I wondered for a while why I saw Sawamura (I will always think of Eijun first when I hear that name.) mentioned as a character in Haikyuu but then I saw that Haikyuu has a character named Sawamura Daichi. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 07:31:15 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 09, 2020, 02:02:37 PM »
I watched the first season of "The Rising of the Shield Hero" this weekend.  I liked it.

I wanted to watch part 2 of season 1 of Furuba BUT the copy that I got from Amazon is region 2, even though there was nothing on the listing that said that it wasn't region 1.  The listing said it was NTSC but there was no region listed.  And the seller was most unhelpful about fixing it so I just won't buy from them anymore.  Now I can't watch it unless I change the region on my PC, which apparently you can only do 4 or 5 times so...Yeah.  Not sure I want to do that.  So for now, I will just find something else to watch until I get a replacement copy.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 02:07:42 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 09, 2020, 07:38:29 PM »
I watched the first season of "The Rising of the Shield Hero" this weekend.  I liked it.

I wanted to watch part 2 of season 1 of Furuba BUT the copy that I got from Amazon is region 2, even though there was nothing on the listing that said that it wasn't region 1.  The listing said it was NTSC but there was no region listed.  And the seller was most unhelpful about fixing it so I just won't buy from them anymore.  Now I can't watch it unless I change the region on my PC, which apparently you can only do 4 or 5 times so...Yeah.  Not sure I want to do that.  So for now, I will just find something else to watch until I get a replacement copy.

I've been looking at "The Rising Shield of Hero"  but haven't starting watching it yet.

I'm sorry your DVD won't play in your computer. :sad: The seller should have made it right and sent you the right region DVD.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:16:40 PM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal