collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205966 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #780 on: February 27, 2020, 04:06:01 AM »
Demon Slayer?  That is pretty popular in general.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 27, 2020, 06:37:19 AM »
I’ve seen a short clip of Demon Slayer but I’m not sure it’s something that I would enjoy even though I’m a big fan of Zenitsu’s Japanese voice artist (I hold Taffeta responsible for that. :P).

I’m currently watching Diamond no Ace and Fruits Basket 2019.

I’ve been looking at  different series trying to find something that looks interesting. Has anyone watched Haikyu?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:26:58 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 27, 2020, 07:08:04 AM »
I started watching Wolf's Rain.  So far, I like it.  I wasn't sure if I would but I like the characters and the story well enough. 

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 27, 2020, 07:43:19 AM »
I started watching Wolf's Rain.  So far, I like it.  I wasn't sure if I would but I like the characters and the story well enough. 

Did you have any luck finding Fruits Basket Season 1 part 2 in store? the only place I found it locally is Barnes and Noble. It looks like Walmart isn’t going to carry it. :(   I’m going to order it from Amazon soon.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #784 on: February 27, 2020, 09:02:25 AM »
I’ve seen a short clip of Demon Slayer but I’m not sure it’s something that I would enjoy even though I’m a big fan of Zenitsu’s Japanese voice artist (I hold Taffeta responsible for that. :P).

I’m currently watching Diamond no Ace and Fruits Basket 2019.

I’ve been looking at  different series trying to find something that looks interesting. Has anyone watched Haikyu?

Ponyfan

Zenitsu is one of those characters people either think is hilarious or really annoying. I'm in the latter category. (Takes blame cheerfully).

Demon Slayer is very popular. It's a bit gory in places, completely predictable and entirely unoriginal in plot or character, but it has some decent animation and sound track going on. It's easy to watch if you don't mind fight scenes but there's nothing really in it that other shows didn't do before. I found it disappointing given the hype because there are so many things the story could do but the writer deliberately seems to avoid doing them in order to preserve the cliches. But eh, it's watchable.

I've seen Haikyuu except for the newest season. I enjoyed it. I like Daiya better but it's a decent series with some nice character development. I found the first ep hard to get through but it got better.

I actually had S1 of Haikyuu and S1 Pt 1 of Furuba for my birthday on DVD, so they're on my to watch list. I also need to rewatch Chihayafuru and then watch the newest season (I'd recommend that, it has great characters).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:15:52 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 27, 2020, 10:56:19 AM »

Did you have any luck finding Fruits Basket Season 1 part 2 in store? the only place I found it locally is Barnes and Noble. It looks like Walmart isn’t going to carry it. :(   I’m going to order it from Amazon soon.

Ponyfan

No, they don't seem to be carrying it.  However, they still have part 1 in the store.  They got the second part of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime so I don't understand why they refuse to get the second part of Fruits Basket.

I've been watching Haikyu as I walk on the treadmill.  I really enjoy it.  I'm almost done with the second season.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 27, 2020, 06:30:43 PM »
Fruits Basket part 2 doesn't seem to be out over here yet, either; I wonder if it's a problem with that specific DVD or something.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 28, 2020, 07:13:33 AM »
Finished Haikyu Season 2
Spoiler
...that last point of the last match...so much AAAAAHHHH!   :yippee:

But I don't have season 3 yet so I'm going to have to pick something else to watch while I walk.  I may go with Golden Time.

Post Merge: February 28, 2020, 07:14:55 AM

Fruits Basket part 2 doesn't seem to be out over here yet, either; I wonder if it's a problem with that specific DVD or something.

My friend ordered hers online and she got it.  So I think it's just that stores that used to carry it aren't for some reason.  It's highly annoying because I don't have a lot of shopping options where I live so I'm going to end up ordering it online and it will be more expensive than if Walmart would just put it in their store.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 28, 2020, 07:38:33 AM »

My friend ordered hers online and she got it.  So I think it's just that stores that used to carry it aren't for some reason.  It's highly annoying because I don't have a lot of shopping options where I live so I'm going to end up ordering it online and it will be more expensive than if Walmart would just put it in their store.

Yeah, I was wondering if both parts had the same number or something else to make stores think "oh it's the same, no need to order more". If it was just the US I'd figure it was one of those things, but UK stores not carrying it either makes me wonder.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 28, 2020, 08:03:29 AM »
I added Haikyuu  and Chihayafuru to my watch list.

Yeah, I was wondering if both parts had the same number or something else to make stores think "oh it's the same, no need to order more". If it was just the US I'd figure it was one of those things, but UK stores not carrying it either makes me wonder.

I didn't think of that. I forgot to mention before but when I found Fruits Basket part 2 at Barnes and Noble, it was actually behind 2 or 3 copies of Season 1 part 1.  I've checked Walmart several times even looking behind copies of part 1 but still no part 2.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 07, 2020, 10:09:01 AM »
My copy of Fruits Basket Season 1 part 2 came. :D 

I think I will also be rewatching Yona of the Dawn in Japanese soon.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #791 on: March 07, 2020, 10:16:36 AM »
My copy of Fruits Basket Season 1 part 2 came. :D 

I think I will also be rewatching Yona of the Dawn in Japanese soon.

Ponyfan

Go for it!!!! Not enough Zeno :(

And awesome on the DVD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 09, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »
Been watching a lot of Boruto lately. It's not the greatest but there are enough episodes that I can safely binge watch without running out soon

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 12, 2020, 05:57:50 PM »
I’m starting to really like the main character. In Diamond No Ace :D

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:00:34 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 18, 2020, 11:01:45 PM »
I've been watching the 2nd part of Season 1 of 2019  Fruits Basket. My copy of Disc 4 (the one with Kagura) has the correct episodes listed but when you highlight them to select them the titles from  Disc 3 are superimposed over the correct titles. I'm just wondering if this is a flaw in all of the copies of Season 1 part 2.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal