collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 212915 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1305 on: September 06, 2022, 03:41:06 PM »
Thanks for the links, ponyfan, I'll check them out :)

While we're sharing links, here's an old Free one with the seiyuu (for Nagisa, Haru, Rin, Rei and Makoto) singing one of the stupidly catchy theme songs (It might be the one with the camel, I can't remember...)

Miyano Mamoru is the tall guy in black with red tartan on his shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hgazQehXuk

That is the one with the camel.  This is the 2nd time today I've listened to Splash Free. :D  It's really catchy even if I can't understand most of the words.  I always love seeing the actors behind the voices enjoying themselves.  It looked like the video from the 1st ending of the anime was playing on the stage while they were singing.   

I know Hirakawa Daisuke (Rei) is also a decent singer although he has quite a distinctive voice.  In the above clip he's wearing glasses and a tie. I also just discovered he was also in Daiya, though I missed him completely xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1k7UzHEO-k

I missed him too, although I mostly know the main Inashiro players and get confused on the ones that either don't get as much screen time or lines in the anime.

Speaking of Daiya va's, Rachi's va is in Komi Can't Communicate.  Here's a clip of his Komi character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXXWpLJdzuw&list=PLw7jObHhDHKEsDMeL-0VyalwfJMuVnfWC&index=5

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1306 on: September 07, 2022, 10:07:36 AM »
I think I can hear Raichi, although it's the moments when Raichi isn't laughing maniacally or yelling about something. It's as different as hearing Sawamura's seiyuu in other things, namely Haikyuu xD.

I think pretty much everyone seems to be in Daiya o.O.

I think the only Inajitsu people I tend to remember are Fukui the current captain, Mei and his posse, and Itsuki. Also Harada of course. I think Hirakawa's character is an Inajitsu third year, so probably has plenty of lines in THAT game that I don't want to rewatch.

I have a lot of anime to catch up on.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 07, 2022, 01:47:06 PM »
I'm behind on anime, too. About 4-5 weeks behind on Tokyo Mew Mew New x__x To be honest I'm not really enjoying it - it's alright, it's just, I dunno, something about it's just leaving me cold. I was expecting changes and updates, etc, but I just don't get what they're doing with Mint's character... But the original (both anime and manga) is one of my favourite series so I really did want to at least get through the first cour for the reboot before giving up on it. Just gotta find the time...!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 10, 2022, 12:13:24 PM »
I've heard so many Japanese vas now that most characters sound like other characters I've heard before.  It's usually more of "I think I know that voice" than being able to guess who the va is right away. I start following the va trail to see if there's a connection to a character in a series I've watched. :D  It amazes me that Ryousuke from Daiya, Sinha from Yona and Nishinoya  from Haikyuu are all voiced by the same person.  Sometimes though I think I hear a little bit of Ryousuke in  Nishinoya.

I've almost finished season 1 of Haikyuu. No sign of Eijun's or Miyuki's vas yet.   

I need to catch up on the new Fruits Basket.  I think I stopped halfway in season 2.

I had heard that Sanrio put some of their characters in the Unico films.  Last night I was watching Unico in the Island of Magic and saw this.

I think the penguin must be Tuxedo Sam. I never noticed him before.

Ponyfan

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 10, 2022, 02:08:35 PM »
Omg it totally is Tuxedo Sam!! That's so cute, I love it when companies sneak in cameos like that.

I found Sailor Moon in one Wedding Peach episode :) In the top left corner, next to the blonde guy:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 10, 2022, 07:26:43 PM »
I see her.  :)  That's really interesting. 

I signed up for Spotify and found a lot of anime soundtracks there.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 12, 2022, 06:12:46 AM »
Okamoto Nobuhiko is a true voice chameleon. He always amazes me with the flexibility of his characters. I first encountered him as Okita Souji in the Haruka 5 game, and on stage at their live events, and he did do some voices in those - but I think I've gained appreciation for it over the years. Some seiyuu are very distinctive and immediately recogniseable - like Ishida Akira (Nabe in Daiya). Others are a lot more chameleonic and props to them.

I think Eijun and Miyuki's seiyuu are both in season 2. Actually, I'm 100% sure they are, but I am not sure at which point exactly they come in. Miyuki's I think you'll pick up easier though.

I'm watching Love All Play, and the main character is voiced by Haruichi's seiyuu. One of the others is voiced by Taniyama Kishou, who I didn't realise still did anime voices since Granrodeo took off as a band. I recognised Haruichi's, but props to Taniyama, I didn't get him right away.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 13, 2022, 02:28:50 AM »
The devil is a part timer has a season 2? Sweet.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: October 01, 2022, 12:11:40 PM »
I think the next season of Spy Family comes out today. :D

I started listening to the Free Final Stroke character albums on Spotify.  I'd love to know more about Timeless Blue.  It's featured on every album with each character singing it.  I can't tell if they are singing the same song multiple times or each singing a different verse.  It's really interesting though and makes me wonder if all of the Timeless Blue versions will be combined in to one.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: October 01, 2022, 02:35:08 PM »
It's not that uncommon when you have a theme song sung by the characters for the Japanese production industry to milk the song by selling separate tracks of the same song from each of the seiyuu. Sometimes you get half tracks, so people can karaoke one part with the other part recorded in. But it's a weird thing.

I would assume Timeless Blue is either the opening or ending theme of the movie.

I was rewatching Hataraku Maou-sama (The Devil is a PartTimer) last night and realised Maou Sadao is voiced by Eijun's seiyuu. It's a bit uncanny xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: October 04, 2022, 11:14:01 AM »
That explains why a lot of the Daiya soundtracks on iTunes have the track with the character's voices and an instrumental track on the same album.   :)

I watched the trailer for the Devil is a Part Timer season 2 and I think I hear Eijun's normal voice (although he sounds like a slighter older Eijun) in Maou.

Edit:  I found this shirt at Walmart and had to grab a pic.

It's not in my size though. :(

The eyes remind me of Sailor Moon, but I couldn't find any SM or Toei writing on it.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 01:17:49 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: October 04, 2022, 01:32:34 PM »
XD I love that shirt.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: October 05, 2022, 01:36:01 AM »
It looks kind of generic female anime eyes to me, though I guess that fits SM since SM is one of the archetypes of that style IMO xD.

It says kawaii, sugoi desu (I'm cute and awesome). Which is pretty generic and probably can't be linked to a character.

I still have a twitch when I see kawaii in western merch but at least it's in characters, which makes it less twitchy.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: October 05, 2022, 10:21:56 AM »
Thanks for translating Taffeta. :)  I'm always at a loss when there's Japanese on shirts because I can't read it, so I never know if it's just the character's names or something that actually makes sense.  It amuses me that it says, "I'm cute and awesome."

I agree that they're probably not SM eyes (I think it would have Toei and SM markings on it if it was) but it still reminds me of her.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 12:04:36 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 05, 2022, 10:57:00 AM »
I definitely think it was inspired by Sailor Moon. It makes me think of her first transformation and I've noticed that's kind of the go-to scene for when US peeps want to parody girls' anime these days. Not just the eyes, but the colours and sparkles are very SM-esque.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal