collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you ever take part in a mail order offer?  (Read 2936 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Did you ever take part in a mail order offer?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »
I remember sending in for the baby embers I picked the purple one with the pink hair. I also remember sending in for morning glory for my birthflower pony. I have both ponies now. I still recall all the excitment of getting them in the mail. I think I also got a full set of rainbow ponies later on. I still can't remember how many mail orders I have but those are a few. I also wanna say I wish I would of stuck with the mail order program now Im kicking myself... >_<
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:42:30 PM by SkyCakes »

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »
Oh how I wanted some of those mail order ponies when I was little! I tried to save my pony points, but I got ponies so rarely I never managed to save up enough to get anything.  :cry:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
Aw, SwordPony, it's a shame you don't have them anymore!

I sadly didn't get any G1 mail orders (we were quite poor when I was little and my parents only bought us brand new ponies on special occasions :P ) But I did manage to get Sunshimmer and Love Wishes :) I still have Sunshimmer but I sold both my Love Wishes because I don't like her colors or pose XD I really, really want Dazzle Surprise though, she's beautiful!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 05:55:27 PM »
I just missed the G1 points programs but I remember the G2 and G3. I got Seabreeze 9wish I got two), Dazzle Surprise, Sunshimmer, Love Note. I hated ruining the boxes by cutting out the points symbols. I remember one year after Christmas going around and collecting the pony points off Celebration Castle boxes people put out for recycling. Lol I would have a lot more exclusives if I didn't have to cut up boxes. If they ever do a points program again, I hope you never have to cut up boxes again. ;p
~Foxtale~

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »
I got Dazzle Surprise, the Ponyville playmat, and charm bracelet around the beginning of the pony points system. (The pony bracelet was really cute and actually fit me! XD One or two of the charms fell off, though. :() With most of the 2003-2004 ponies, it didn't take long at all! :P I think it took about 6-8 weeks for them to arrive. I miss the points system, but I agree with the others - I didn't like ruining the boxes to cut the points out!
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
I've never took part in one, but then I live outside the US and UK where these promotions take place :/
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
I got a few MO items over the years. 

G1:
I know I had all 3 Baby Embers.  Someone sent away for those for me.  My mom must've signed me up for the first USA Fan Club.  I remember getting Hoofbeats:p  I also sent away for three of the Pearly Babies(Cotton Candy, Blossom, Firefly) because I didn't get the regular babies when they first came out.  Somewhere I actually have a fully filled out order form that never got sent.  I think that one was for the Birthflower ponies.  The only other G1 I sent away for was Goldilocks.  I remember she was free with purchase for a while, and I figured why not? 

I sent away for G2 Seabreeze back when she first came out.

I got all three of the G3 mail order ponies, and a lot of the merchandise.  Sadly I was out of town right when the Frilly Frocks offer came out, and by the time I got back home they stopped accepting orders for her.  That really stunk too since I had TONS of points that I never got to use.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 07:19:12 PM »
Yep! When G2s first came to the US, I was around 11 years old. I was already collecting G1 ponies so I understood what mail orders were. I immediately mailed in for Seabreeze when I had the chance.

And I also got mail orders for G3s.....Dazzle Surprise, Love Wishes, and the other one....I forgot her name. She's yellow with red hair and has a gem on her symbol.
I also sent in for the G3 charm bracelet.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »
I'm a little too young, only being born just after G1 and pretty much losing interest in ponies by the time G2 and G3 came out.

If we were to bring this back for G4, I've often entertained the idea of an online points system similar to what ShortyBoo brought up. Maybe the code can come on a separate slip of paper so no one has to ruin the box, and kids can play online so the website can have a reason to exist other than a points program.

I'd be all over that since I've pretty much missed out on a MO program and would love to be a part of it now that I'm collecting.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
All the G3 items, some in huge multiples when we knew the program was going down.  I did actually have two Frilly Frocks, one for us and one for a member who is not around any longer but lived overseas.  Was fun repacking her to get her box size down to what I could mail.  Her owner had me pack all kinds of Target and TRU exclusive between her legs and all around her body.  It was one pony filled box.

Also got all but the last G2 LPS Mail Orders.  Still need to get the last one, which I guess I shall have to snag off ebay.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »
When I was younger all of my ponies were second hand so I never had the chance to save pony points. And then I started collecting G3 ponies right about the time they cancelled the pony points program. I was bummed! I still have my G3 pony points I saved up stashed away. Dunno why, I'm sure if the points program were to start up again they wouldn't count towards it, but I just can't bring myself to toss them.

I did save up and send away for a Grand Champion MO if that counts for anything :D

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »
Cool stories!  I miss MO programs.  :)

I never sent away for ponies (the most ponies I ever had as a kid was three,) but I know I mailed away cereal box tops for a Chipmunk yo yo.  Got it, too, but it never fully worked - it was supposed to light up and play music but mine never did.  I also remember my mom promising to send away for the Little Debby Barbie but she never did.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 10:11:15 PM »
G1:
I remember keeping my points in a danish butter cookie tin... you know, the round ones that you usually get at Christmas. Well, I joined the fan club and got the Powder Puff choker necklace, Pretty Parlor (no Peachy with that one), and the first 6 collectors set. My mom was supposed to order me the complete birthflower set but she got pregnant with my sister and I think she forgot to send it off. (Ugh!! Sisters!!! lol)

G3:
I am a MIB collector so this was very hard for me to do. I think I bought 2 of almost everything just for the points! lol (Until they ended the program.) I got everything, ponies, posters, bracelets, EXCEPT Frilly Frocks!  :cry: I was just a few points shy before they ended it.

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 11:14:51 PM »
I had a few of the G1 MO ponies but I don't remember understanding much about it since I was little. All I knew was that I had to not throw away the packages so that we could save the point off them and then mom would fill out the forms and mail them away. I only got the earliest ones and I know I got these:

blue Baby Ember
Powder Puff charm (99% on this one, it might have been the Blossom McD's clip)
July Birthflower
Hollywood
Lucky

I don't remember how long they took but waiting for mail when you were a kid was like FOR-EVER. I'm sure it was something like 6 weeks though and getting anything in the mail was super cool so even though it took a while it was exciting to get a package.

For some reason before I found the Arena and all the online info I thought that my mom had gotten blue Baby Ember through Rice Krispies somehow (before I actually knew there was a Rice Krispies baby!) but I also distinctly remember her asking me which box to check on the form for the color Ember I wanted to get. Rice Krispies was the cereal that we always had at my gram's house though and I was always getting those Wacky Wall Walker octopus things out of the cereal boxes so I think my memory of it is a bit muddled!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:20:25 PM by emery »
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2012, 03:36:50 AM »
I didnt get any of the  G1 mail orders..... i am certain I joined the fan club though... i remember getting a pencil and a newsletter.

My Mom made sure that I got all the mail order ponies. I remember her and my Aunt both sent off and got me Punzi. So I ended up having two of her as a kid.

Sadly I don't have any of those ponies anymore.

WOW! I don't think any collector could ever match that! TWO Rapunzels... :faint: if only you still had those eh?! :lovey:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal