collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tinsel Hair  (Read 767 times)

gothtini

• Trade Count: (0)
Tinsel Hair
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »
Am I the only one who hates when a pony has tinsel in its main or tail? It doesn't behave like hair does and drives me insane!

I have problems with a couple big Luna and Celestia ponies that have tinsel in their hair but not too many thankfully. However while I was sick one of my song dreams had fallen and I didn't notice it, I found her today and she has tinsel in her hair. Her hair had been pretty and smooth not I can't get the tinsel to behave but the rest looks okay at least.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tinsel Hair
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 11:58:42 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of tinsel either as I also don't have the skills or patience to try to tame it. For some of my ponies (mostly the ones I've deemed as boys) I've just removed the tinsel altogether. But sometimes I do like the look of tinsel if it's with the right color combination, so in that case I've taken to just thinning the tinsel out. I'll remove about half of it, that way there's not so much crazy shiny going on that I can't control, but there's still enough to give the pony a little bit of that sparkle. Works for me!

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »
There are alot of people who do not like tinsel at all :) some people will go as far as pulling all the tinesl out of a ponies hair.

In most cases, it does devalue the pony but most ponies that have tinsel are not horribly sought after so I think it's an ok thing to do :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

gothtini

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »
lol I don't think I could ever pull the tinsel out no matter how much I hate it

BenightedMoon

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 09:13:46 PM »
Oh god I HATE tinsel! :yucky: I thought it was just me, i feel better now... :sigh:

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 05:17:43 AM »
I really hate tinsel, and all the ponies in my personal collection have been de-tinseled because of that. But I also enjoy it, altering the ponies. It's sort of special bonding time with them and I couldn't care less about their values anyways.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »
I honestly have only recently become aware that tinsel is a seriously disliked thing...its only the last year or so I see it cropping up a lot.

As primarily G1 collector, I love tinsel in the ponies that have it - for me it makes the ponies that have it appropriate - for example the Princess ponies need that little bit of sparkle to make them princesses after all!

But its a personal preference thats for certain...it would be boring if we all liked the same things I guess. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 02:56:32 PM »
I love tinsel in good condition..but when it starts getting crinkled and letting those wooly things out... ARGH! :P Couldn't pull it out though. Not for as long as there are people who collect ponies WITH the tinsel still there :P

Flugangst

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 03:03:45 PM »
I love tinsel. But then again, I just love glittery, sparkly stuff in general, hah hah. x3

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »
I honestly have only recently become aware that tinsel is a seriously disliked thing...its only the last year or so I see it cropping up a lot.

As primarily G1 collector, I love tinsel in the ponies that have it - for me it makes the ponies that have it appropriate - for example the Princess ponies need that little bit of sparkle to make them princesses after all!

But its a personal preference thats for certain...it would be boring if we all liked the same things I guess. 

I agree Hathorcat.......
In this day and age I thought "Bling" was IN!!??
I LOVE the addition of tinsel for extra special sparkle and extra special pony personality!!

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

gothtini

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 05:25:18 PM »
Tinsel is beautiful, but I find it impossible to tame with the mane lol.

Melissa

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 10:52:29 PM »
I don't really care for tinsel. In my opinion, it rarely adds anything to the look of the pony. It's usually a lot messier than the hair and it just looks bad.

I am generally one of the above-mentioned people that loves all things glittery and sparkly, but the extra effort that tinsel requires makes me HATE it sometimes.

gothtini

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 11:14:24 PM »
Yes that exactly too much work!  lol

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »
I absolutely love tinsel.. lol

Call me crazy but anything sparkly, glittery, or shiny makes my eyes widen like a kitten with a ball of yarn!

I don't mind if the tinsel is out of control, sticking out everywhere, or standing up like static. If I see a pony with tinsel.. I must have it.

:biggrin:

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal