collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How many ponies?!  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: How many ponies?!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 05:44:04 PM »
I have always wondered that about MOC and MIB G1 ponies. It would be neat to know how many of each are known to exist.
This would be absolutely amazing. To compile every single MOC/MIB/in bag image in one place with a running tally of how many exist within the community.

Do you think, if we started a new thread relating to MOC data collecting, it would actually reap information? I know some people are uncomfortable declaring things in their collection...but it would be useful to know what still exists, hopefully so that we can ultimately preserve as much MOC heritage for future accessory collectors as possible (bearing in mind that decent ID websites have already and may in the future disappear into nothingness)

Totally! Would you like to start a new thread?

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 06:21:56 PM »
So, it's kind of two-fold, then? One tally is the total number of ponies in our collection and another for rare/MIP ponies?

Just did a count of my collection, right now I'm at:

Brushables- 143 (84 G4, 55 G3, 5 G1)
Fashion Style- 22
Minis- 95 (94 blind bags, 1 G3 Dollymix)
Styling Size- 11
Pony Friends- 2
For Sale- 18
Total: 291

I don't have too many rare/HTF ponies, and I'm not sure which sort you're looking to get numbers for. Is it mostly G1s you're looking for, or do you have other gens in mind, as well?

You may want to try a registry of some kind for rare ponies, kind of like what they do for cars.  It could help shed some light on the remaining number of certain regular production ponies.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »
I have always wondered that about MOC and MIB G1 ponies. It would be neat to know how many of each are known to exist.
This would be absolutely amazing. To compile every single MOC/MIB/in bag image in one place with a running tally of how many exist within the community.

Do you think, if we started a new thread relating to MOC data collecting, it would actually reap information? I know some people are uncomfortable declaring things in their collection...but it would be useful to know what still exists, hopefully so that we can ultimately preserve as much MOC heritage for future accessory collectors as possible (bearing in mind that decent ID websites have already and may in the future disappear into nothingness)
We have a compilation of Nirvana images here... Why not for originally packaged ponies as well?
If we can get quality images (and room here to host?) it would be an undertaking, but absolutely amazing. Unless we can somehow get mylittlewiki involved to help make things more complete there, it is pretty comprehensive already.

For those of us that LOVE G1 artwork and would like to see ponies in their original packaging I think we could have a great response!!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 12:53:59 AM »
I am getting a little confused by this now? What is this information being used for again? 

Also regarding Equestria girls and plushies, if you are trying to compile a list, it should cover all the toys related to My Little Pony, so ponies, plushies, mini's and the Equestria girls line. Not just what you consider to be pony or not.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 09:00:42 AM »
Mine is easy! 9 G1s (7 full-size ponies, 2 wingers), 3 G3s and one G2 MacDonalds figure, if those count.
None of them are MOC or particularly rare, though. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 09:26:43 AM »

Oooh I love this idea!  I have a ton of MOCs I could contribute pics of.  I've often wondered how many MOCs exist within the community.  It would be awesome to have that info in one place!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2015, 09:50:33 AM »

Oooh I love this idea!  I have a ton of MOCs I could contribute pics of.  I've often wondered how many MOCs exist within the community.  It would be awesome to have that info in one place!

I'm all for this. About 90% of my MOC ponies are on my website already, so cataloguing them wouldn't be too difficult, I would just have to pick out where I have a MOC but it isn't the one pictured as in some cases. Unfortunately in the case of donated MOC images on my site, unless the owner is still in the pony community to comment, I can't know where those ponies are now, if they are still MOC, if they are still with the original owner, etc. Some of them were definitely from ebay sellers several years back (with permission) which means that someone might say "I have x pony!" but it doesn't mean necessarily it's different from the one on my site (eg for Nightlight, etc, this might be the case)

I am really curious especially to find out how many UK or Euro style carded ponies are still in existence. My impression is that there are quite a few for some of the later sets but very few for some of the earlier ones - but I have no clue what you guys are all hiding in your cupboards and I'd really love to see :D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:52:16 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »
I am getting a little confused by this now? What is this information being used for again? 

Also regarding Equestria girls and plushies, if you are trying to compile a list, it should cover all the toys related to My Little Pony, so ponies, plushies, mini's and the Equestria girls line. Not just what you consider to be pony or not.

Where do you draw the line then? Licenced 'stuff'? Anything that is a plastic 'My Little Pony' is included. Everyone has been given a chance to help decide, it's not just what 'I' decide. If enough people ask for equestria girls, I'll add them in, that's why we're having the discussion.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2015, 12:54:14 PM »
10 G3s
21 G1s
3 Fakies

I have one rare. Dazzleglow
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 04:47:03 PM »
23 G1 ponies, 44 G3, 2 G2, 1 G4 and then like 5 G3 McDonalds Ponies, 1 G2 Mcdonalds pony, 1 G4 mcdonalds pony, a G3 plush, the firefly that was sold with the little book a little while ago, a mini g3, and two g4 figures, to make a total of 82 ponies
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 12:40:35 PM »
Okay! So I finally got to find the info on how many ponies I own.

G1s: 421 :wacko:
G2s: 22
G3: 25
G4s: 12

G1s in sales box: 334

My sister owns . . .

G1s: 108
G3s: 40

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 12:45:04 PM »