collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone never expect to get into ponies?  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone never expect to get into ponies?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 05:23:36 PM »
Never happened to me. If it's girly and meant for little girls... I'm automatically in  >_< :satisfied:

I'm the exact same way! XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 05:30:01 PM »
I've always loved horses, so originally it was no real surprise to get into ponies, but I must say, I never expected to get back into ponies.  I'd kept my childhood collection well and good, but after I lost a lot of it after a move, the remainder kind of just sat in a box and waited.  Then I started poking at the box now and then, showing DS what I used to play with when I was not too much older than him... and then we got bitten by the FiM bug, and the box got emptied as I rediscovered my old passion (with a vengeance!).

And now I'm here and joyfully collecting again, and I've (well, virtually) met all you wonderful lot, and I couldn't be happier! :frolic:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 05:36:13 PM »
Definitely not  :P
I got in though Frienship is Magic. During the wait for season 3 I decided to go for the older generations
I love the toys and really am happy to get any generation I can get my hands on.  :lol:

Stuntmang

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
Definitely not. I hated "girly" stuff as a kid and I...
I'm pretty sure I destroyed a few ponies back then. *ducks fakies*
G4 was my gateway, though, and now my G1 and G3 collections are slowly growing.

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 06:00:42 PM »
G4 was my gateway, though, and now my G1 and G3 collections are slowly growing.

Me and you both ^_^ and finally another male on here. :)

MoongazerThePony

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »
 I was neutral on FiM when it came out, but I remember when I got too old for G3 I would always make fun of it xD

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »
Definitely not  :P
I got in though Frienship is Magic. During the wait for season 3 I decided to go for the older generations
I love the toys and really am happy to get any generation I can get my hands on.  :lol:
That's the kinda Brony I wanna see more of!

FiM is what started it all, I wish I had gotten into ponies sooner, but alas, G4 design is my fav and while I like G1s variety, the pony designs themselves aren't quite perfect to me, I prefer G4, but I like the rest too. Though if not for G4, I'd not be a fan of the rest at all, G1s look too sad to me! It's depressing, at least they have nice colors.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »
I have a friend who has an almost aversive reaction to girly sparkly stuff... I couldn´t believe it when I knew she was more into the FIM show than I am XD, it was pretty cool

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »
I've been into them since I was a child, so for me it's just a way of life. I was a serious collector at ten years old.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 08:38:21 PM »
If someone had said to me three years ago, "One day you'll collect ponies, and belong to a pony community, and your main hobby will involve ponies. Ponies. Pooooooonies." I would have run away :lol:

Seriously though, even as a child in the 80s I wasn't into MLP at all. I had a handful, but they were far from my favorite toy and I never even knew there was a TV show! I came to the Arena because of customs, and although I still love customs above all else, I've amassed a collection of Hasbro ponies gen 1-3 that adorn my wall. I've honestly never been so involved in anything ever like I am here, now.

Never imagined I'd be a pony person, and now I can't imagine being anything else :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 08:53:36 PM »
I never expected to become a collector either!  I had a grand total one of one pony as a child but I thought she was a little goofy looking and kinda boring since she wasn't posable/dressable-  not nearly as interesting as my Ninja Turtles, Legos, or Barbies.   Years and years later, when I got on the internet I felt like I had missed out on something because even before FiM there was a lot of pony love going around.  But I kept scorning ponies until my husband started watching season one of FiM.  I quickly fell in love with the show, the characters, the lore... then, I just  HAD to get my hands on the toys! :D  And we all know, with ponies, you can't just have one  six enough!  ;)  So here I am, collecting G3s and G4s but appreciating all ponies now and the love everyone here has for them!  ^-^

Offline Axalth

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 12:32:50 AM »
I never expected to get into pony collecting. I had a few as a kid, and i loved them. I ended up giving them to charity, and my old polly pockets were the only toys besides plushes that i kept. haha however ive always been a collector of things, so i easily stepped straight into it.
I never really thought of it as a collectors thing until a workmate mentioned his wife loved MLP. I think he thought me a bit odd to actually think it was a pretty nice thing to collect, and to not think it weird she liked ponies.
When i heard that Gen4/FiM existed i meant to give it a go, but kept putting it off. I ended up getting into it a few months before 2nd series was about to start.
It got to the point where i really wanted my childhood ponies back, i have some of them, still need to get a few more. Im holding off on getting right into G1 collecting, theres a fair bit i have to get into order before getting into that.
Wishlist | Trade list

Water_Fire

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 12:56:20 AM »
Yeah, a total surprise! I've always been a big tomboy, so I never really got into them as a kid. (Plus I was born in 86, so I was just too young for G1 and by the time G2 came out I was 'growing out' of toys). When I picked a G3 up as a gag gift for a friend back in 2002, I fell in love with them. I still can't quite explain why. Then Mr Water_Fire bought me a Star Swirl and I never looked back!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 03:03:05 AM »
I've been "collecting" since I was little. I didn't call it collecting when I was 6, so maybe I've just been "amassing" since I was little. I've been on this train since the beginning, and it's been a crazy ride! Thank you all for getting on the train with me- cookies and milk for all!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Takoto

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 04:16:40 AM »
When I was a child I had some G1/G2 ponies and for a really long time as a little girl I'd really wanted them- I didn't like horses all that much but I loved anything colourful or creative and related to animals. I finally got some when I was 5/6 (passed down from my much, much older cousin) but by then I'd lost interest in anything like that and moved onto playing video games (mainly Pokémon), anime and drawing.  I played with them a little, because when I wasn't gaming I spent most of the time playing with my Pokémon and Digmon figures and inventing little stories with them, but after a while I lost interest and put them away (where, I have no idea xD)

I kinda phased out until MLP:FiM came out. I watched the first few episodes and was like "Huh this is really sweet! Look at all those cute designs", and ended up slowly getting into it early into Season 1. I brought a Twilight Sparkle toy under a dare from a friend, and after a while I started looking back at G1 ponies and slowly got interested in the thing as a whole. xD I'm not as into it as a lot of people are, though, but I'd really love to start making customs, even though I'm terrible at painting and such.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal