collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 468682 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2565 on: June 01, 2020, 10:37:32 PM »
I happened to burn myself pretty badly on the first warm day up here. Two days later and I still look like a tomato with a strawberry nose.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: June 02, 2020, 08:01:24 AM »
The weather is gross today. >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2567 on: June 02, 2020, 11:37:14 AM »
Woke up with a terrible headache. I have a lot I need to do today too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: June 03, 2020, 03:50:37 AM »
I've reached the Moon Cave on Okami again... so that's me making no progress with that game for a month, then. It's not particularly difficult or anything, but the dungeons in that game do bore me out of my wits. :/

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: June 03, 2020, 08:52:41 AM »
My kid is still at home (which I am very much OK with) however, she keeps hogging the TV to watch you-tube vids on Toca Life, Animal Crossing and Minecraft. I refuse to get involved!!

She is allowed electrical entertainment after home-schooling.

Tried stitching more of my quilt sat on the sofa, but these vids playing in the background are driving me nuts.

I have retreated upstairs, peace and quiet, background radio and my laptop to entertain me.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: June 03, 2020, 11:46:40 AM »
My kid is still at home (which I am very much OK with) however, she keeps hogging the TV to watch you-tube vids on Toca Life, Animal Crossing and Minecraft. I refuse to get involved!!

Tried stitching more of my quilt sat on the sofa, but these vids playing in the background are driving me nuts.

I have retreated upstairs, peace and quiet, background radio and my laptop to entertain me.

Just tell her that for every video game youtube video she watches she has to watch a non-video game video or a video from the history channel or animal planet.  They both have youtube channels.  I've never understood the fascination with watching someone else play a video game and talk about it.  I'd rather just play the game myself.

My complaint is that I'm tired of living where I'm at.  I grew up a military brat and have now lived in the same state for 20 years.  I wanna move but it's so hard to do right now and I'm not even sure where I'd want to move to.  I just want to move...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2571 on: June 04, 2020, 01:48:54 AM »
This isn't trivial but I don't want to type up a WYP post right now.

I had a weird day. Lots of things going on all at once, both good and bad. My brain is swirling. I'm so tired and in a lot of pain but I can't sleep. I didn't sleep last night either. I tried meditating but thoughts are still creeping in. I just want to sleep :cry:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2572 on: June 04, 2020, 03:01:24 AM »

Just tell her that for every video game youtube video she watches she has to watch a non-video game video or a video from the history channel or animal planet.  They both have youtube channels.  I've never understood the fascination with watching someone else play a video game and talk about it.  I'd rather just play the game myself.

My complaint is that I'm tired of living where I'm at.  I grew up a military brat and have now lived in the same state for 20 years.  I wanna move but it's so hard to do right now and I'm not even sure where I'd want to move to.  I just want to move...

I want to move, too. I want to go back down to the South East, where there are actually...well...things.

I love my family but this is a really quiet area and yeah, I need transport to get anywhere.

Right now, of course, everything is not as normal, but I hope when it gets back to a place of stability, I can still get back down to the south east and regain independence.

Fed up with being shackled to the welsh borders.

I also miss being able to go literally anywhere at all. My mother's shielding and my navigation/lack of publically available transport right now means I have not left the neighbourhood in over 2 months.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: June 04, 2020, 07:53:40 AM »
The air smells awful. >_< We finally have some much needed rain (and we'll need much, much more), but it smells like hell. It's not petrichor, which I love, it really just smells like dead ocean. :yikes:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: June 04, 2020, 09:14:34 AM »
Ugh I can handle my "COVID chub" expanding and causing most of my pants to not fit. 

But it drives me CRAAAAAAAAAAAZY when the fat storage moves up my torso and now NONE of my bras fit!  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

truly a trivial complaint! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2575 on: June 04, 2020, 09:18:44 AM »
My blood pressure goes up every time they let the cycle-obsessed Transport Secretary give the govt briefing.

Masks will become mandatory on public transport when 'more things' are open from mid June.

This is a game-changer for me. I may tolerate a covering for a bus journey, but not a train one or anything longer. They say that some people will be exempt and as an autistic person I would qualify for that - but at the same time he says people will be refused access, may be fined and it will be enforced by the police. By the time I've been interrogated by random people wanting me to publically share private details and glared at for not wearing a mask, I won't want to be on the transport.

So yep, not going to be getting a job, moving, doing anything of any value whatsoever for the forseeable future, since my ENTIRE independence involves public transport.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: June 04, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »
I was letting my computer render several images overnight. Usually this goes without a hitch, but our house lost power for a moment or two. This shut down the computer, and I didn’t realize what had happened until I went to check the next morning. It finished 1/14 renders. I explained this to the man who asked for the pictures, and I think they understand. But I can’t help but feel a bit disappointed, as this puts it behind schedule.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: June 05, 2020, 06:46:20 AM »
I think my DVD player is wearing out.  I have been watching a series before I go to sleep to help me relax.  My DVD player will play the DVDs fine but then suddenly stop every few seconds and get stuck.  The DVDs have only been played a few times and I don't remember having this much trouble.  I have tried removing the DVD and putting it back in, cleaning the disc and trying it again etc..   It's so annoying to get in the middle of an episode and suddenly have to fight with the DVD player to play the movie.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: June 05, 2020, 07:14:33 AM »
I think my DVD player is wearing out.  I have been watching a series before I go to sleep to help me relax.  My DVD player will play the DVDs fine but then suddenly stop every few seconds and get stuck.  The DVDs have only been played a few times and I don't remember having this much trouble.  I have tried removing the DVD and putting it back in, cleaning the disc and trying it again etc..   It's so annoying to get in the middle of an episode and suddenly have to fight with the DVD player to play the movie.

Ponyfan

Have you tried cleaning the DVD player?  Like a CD player, it should be cleaned regularly.  You can buy a disc that will clean it for you (I think I picked mine up for less than $10) and it usually only takes about a minute and can be reused many times.

My trivial complaint is work related.  Basically, our hours have changed due to COVID stuff and we are trying to RFID the library materials while we are now open to the public.  Because of my co-workers lack of initiative, all of our schedules are now being micromanaged to the point where it is on the schedule when we are to go out and work on the RFID project.  I hate being micromanaged, especially since I know that when I'm not working at the check-out desk I'm supposed to be doing the RFID thing.  It isn't rocket science but some of our part timers "don't have anything to do" (because they refuse to do anything unless they "like" to do it) so we are now all being treated like incompetent kindergartners.  I swear if some of these people were any lazier they wouldn't be capable of breathing on their own.  Also, according to them, the alphabet now has S before K and R before N.  Also Keri and Sarah are the same name as are Rachel and Jennifer.  We work in a library.  If you can't read and you don't know the alphabet, this is not the job for you.   :facepalm:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2579 on: June 05, 2020, 07:43:24 AM »
My ear hurts  >_<

Belltock Raincurl