collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What were your favourite kids songs?  (Read 370 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
What were your favourite kids songs?
« on: October 11, 2022, 10:10:52 PM »
There was this song called The Frog Song that made it to number one in the charts, with a crowd of animated frogs. We also used to really like the sound track to the Last Unicorn. I think there may have been a bit of a ban on Disney in my house because I don't remember any Disney songs as such. We did have at least one Carebears film on DVD that I remember, and I definitely still love Carole King's CARE-A-LOT.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 10:13:29 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: What were your favourite kids songs?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 06:38:33 AM »
My best friend had a tape called “Hop like a Bunny, Waddle like a Duck” and it was a bunch of songs about pretending to be different animals. There was a song about a flamingo named Meg who only had one leg and other silly songs. We loved it. We would play it before we did anything else.

I also loved The Lion King soundtrack. I had (or have, I should say) both versions. The movie version and the fancied up Elton John version where he sings all the songs. The movie version is on cassette but the other one I have on CD.

The movie I was absolutely obsessed with as a kid before The Lion King was All Dogs go to Heaven. I would act out the whole thing by myself and sing all the songs. I even had Charlie’s watch that I made.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 07:48:04 AM »
I had a lot of Disney Read along storybooks and cassette tapes and also song tapes.  One of my favorites was Goin Quackers.  I listened to that tape so much that now it sounds like it everyone is underwater.  For some reason I hated the last song though. For years and I'd always want the tape turned off when it came on.  I was happy when I found the album on iTunes and was able to add it to my iPod.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 09:34:56 AM »
“Hop like a Bunny, Waddle like a Duck”

That sounds like a lot of fun!

@Ponyfan I'm still looking for one of my favourite tapes, a My Little Pony tape. I remember this one exact part of the story where someone says "isn't the sky a funny colour". I'm pretty sure that Medley and Pinwheel were in it. Read by soemone with an English accent. Taffeta would sympathise about these ponies not being availbale in the UK though, I'm sure. So I guess the My Little Pony theme was a very big part of our childhoods too. I should ask my sister about it.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »
My all time favorite was the My Little Pony theme song.  After that, it's hard to tell.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 06:43:32 PM »
i really liked the Care Bears but i can't remember any of the songs. i just know i liked them. there's also a song from a show that i used to watch that had animated Grimm's fairy tales. i can't remember which one. so many songs have faded away at this point because they're from shows i saw a handful of times as a kid. i also liked the Disney songs. though a lot of that doesn't really hold up for me as an adult. i still like the songs from The Little Mermaid.

i also really loved Somewhere out There from An American Tale. i don't remember the movie but we used to listen to a lot of soft rock on the way to school and i would sing along when that song came on. i never had the cassette though. the same station also played a lot of the Disney songs that charted.

i had weird taste in music as a kid because i heard a lot of soft rock. i wasn't really allowed to choose my music. i didn't have my own radio until i was 10-11ish. i really liked Phil Collins, Toto and Bryan Adams. i'm sure i had no idea what the songs were about. i just liked the tune. my taste in music did not make me a lot of friends back then. though some of that music still holds up for me. :lol:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 06:50:24 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 11:17:35 PM »
^This is brilliant, I had a Brian Adams casette when I was a teenager after 'I do it for you' charted for so long in the UK. I avoided soft rock for a long time after that, but 20 years later I had a driving instructor who only had one CD in his car and it was Phil Collins. So I had to get used to it! His Live Aid performance was pretty good IMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEWu59OPAbQ. Here is the Carole King Song if you're interested  ^.^

Spoiler
CARE-A-LOT (Carole King) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Soa9folFNk
The Frog Song (Paul McCartney): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVfaf43W9cM
The Last Unicorn (Jeff Bridges): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QotNd7pspM (I just realised Jeff Bridges was also in Tron!)
The Flight of Dragons (Don McLean): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DXLIa1kYgM
Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Angela Lansbury, David Tomlinson): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frfadf6LjmE

My sister reminded me of some Disney films we did watch at school because our Headmistress at the time had an old fashioned film projector and used to show films on a Saturday afternoon.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 12:18:41 AM by Artemesia's Garden »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2022, 08:58:11 AM »
A lot of Disney songs of course. My mom bought me a kids' cassette when she went to a Sandi Patty concert when I was little called The Friendship Company. Wish I still had it. She and I used to sing the songs on it together. Very fond memory. I also still have my kids' Steve Green casette Hide Em in Your Heart songs. The songs on there were favorites too. Probably got it when he did a concert at my church when I was a kid. He invited all of the kids onstage with him during one of the songs and shy kid I was, I had an inner battle about joining for awhile then finally did in the middle of that song.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2022, 09:04:54 PM »
I taught kids in china. My favs are Daddy finger, one little finger, open shut them.
If you mean songs I liked as a kid, i only remember the one from winnie the pooh and the blustery day

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2022, 02:10:42 AM »
I taught kids in china. My favs are Daddy finger, one little finger, open shut them.
If you mean songs I liked as a kid, i only remember the one from winnie the pooh and the blustery day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUa4nr5RDFg

That's very cute, I love the books but I hadn't seen the Disney film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j08c8-dmhHg
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 12:36:24 PM by Artemesia's Garden »

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2022, 08:02:09 AM »
Aww Winnie the Pooh's blustery day song is definitely one I loved as a kid. Had a Disney readalong cassette and storybook of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day and it had that song on it.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2022, 06:27:05 PM »
I had a lot of Disney Read along storybooks and cassette tapes and also song tapes.  One of my favorites was Goin Quackers.  I listened to that tape so much that now it sounds like it everyone is underwater.  For some reason I hated the last song though. For years and I'd always want the tape turned off when it came on.  I was happy when I found the album on iTunes and was able to add it to my iPod.
Ponyfan

I remember hearing the Vacuum Cleaner Hoses song on Dr. Demento when I was an older kid!  Wow, what a blast from the past. 

When I was little I, too, had a Disney cassette I really liked.  I wasn't really into Disney normally but one year our next door neighbor gave my sister and I a bunch of random Disney stuff she had from her job (?) for Christmas...anyway...let's see...I think it was the Rock Around the Mouse album?  I always thought the Go go go song and Quackety-quack song were hilarious  :P  "What broom?  Oh, that broom."

As an adult I discovered Hevisaurus, the dinosaur-themed children's metal band, they have some cool songs.  Their song "the Last Mammoth" is super touching.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2022, 07:14:29 PM »
I'm so happy that someone else remembers Vacuum Cleaner Hoses.  :D  I don't see Goin Quackers, or the songs featured on it mentioned very often.

I thought of another one.  "There's a Hole in My Bucket."  I used to ask my dad to sing it over and over again on car trips.  This video repeats the song. If you only want to hear it once, stop at 3:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6no_d9IdoWI

Ponyfan

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2022, 09:10:52 AM »
If you only want to hear it once, stop at 3:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6no_d9IdoWI

Ponyfan

Hahahah, what an ear worm! Yeah I only want to hear it again once just in case it gets stuck!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal