collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your favorite thing about summer?  (Read 613 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What is your favorite thing about summer?
« on: June 09, 2022, 08:03:03 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Technically, it isn't summer until the 21st but we can celebrate early :) Besides, I know I'm not the only one living in a heat record shattering area.

What are you doing or looking forward to this summer? What are your favorite summer things?

It's my least favorite season, due to the heat and sun. This is my first summer in my apartment and the evening sun hits my bedroom, making it hotter than the rest of the house. On the plus side, I can turn my thermostat to whatever I want and I keep it around 75, which is nice compared to outside.

I love to swim! :swim:
My parents have a pool but it's not heated, so we can't use it for most of the year. It gets full sun exposure so it heats up nice, sometimes a bit too much. I like the water to be refreshingly cool, not like bath water. I also love going to the beach and swimming in the Gulf. I would always go to the beach with my sister... but I can't do that anymore, so I'll have to go with my nieces instead. I love shelling and looking for shark teeth too :) We used to feed the seagulls but they made it illegal on the beach we like to go to. There are other beaches where you can feed them though.

Local fresh fruits and veggies are another thing I look forward to :) Corn on the cob is like 20 cents an ear right now :lol:

I like the butterflies, dragonflies and grasshoppers. Not so much the wasps and black widows. The swale at my parents house usually gets flooded during the summer so there are lots of turtles and fish and birds around. Occasionally a gator or two. That's one thing I miss living there - the wildlife.

Summer usually means Ren Faire, but here we have it in the Spring. We have a Pirate Fest too ;)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite thing about summer?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 08:18:55 AM »
My favorite thing about summer is swimming in my pool. I did go in yesterday after my swim practice. It was a smidge cold but my body didn't care that much. I had fun! Im going in again today most likley.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 09:00:48 AM »
Thank you for noting Summer didn't begin yet :) It really irks me when people try to claim it starts at the beginning of June xD.

I don't like it when it's hot in summer. BUT I do like the long days with sunny evenings, and the pretty flowers.

I haven't swum in years. I can swim, but I had a couple of scary incidents, including a near drowning, as a kid, and so I've never been confident.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 12:02:09 PM »
Fireflies and our 25ft high crepe myrtles rain pink petals so it looks pretty magical.  But, the humidity and heat make me wish for winter.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 04:52:27 PM »
Long days!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 05:15:55 PM »
I am not loving and "worshiping" the summer, which most Finns do.  :rolleyes: I actually hear about it every day... Relatives wonder how I can’t like summer. They say I'm lying and everyone reportedly likes it.  :doh:

I hate heat, drought, wasps, mosquitoes, grilling, sunbathing .. the list could go on for a long time, but now it’s about what I like!  :P

I like in the summer: rain, storms, thunder, birdsong, birds, butterflies, various interesting insects, bats, hedgehogs, badgers, bright summer nights, flowers, vegetables and fruits from my own country, walking on a summer night when it’s cool.  :cool:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:17:49 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 06:04:37 PM »
I love the summer bbq's with family and friends.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline sentimental

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • stuck in a utopia of sentimental androids !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 01:12:08 PM »
as i'm still a university student, freedom from homework!
i love being able to get home from work and not have to stress about still having more responsibilities. i'm really pumped this summer about working on
rearranging my collection and living space, and painting my walls finally! it's been so stressful not having a nice living space during the bulk of the school year
and getting time to work on everything is honestly so refreshing !
please call me senti! ♡ my instagrammy g3 wishlistsig artwork by me

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2022, 05:30:10 PM »
The countdown to fall.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 09:42:05 AM »
I love that it stays light longer in the evenings.  Winter is not my favorite season because I don't like it pitch black at 6 pm.  I also don't love very cold temperatures or ice and snow (Snow is only good if I can stay in and look at it.  I hate trying to get to work on snowy/icy days)

I love to swim too but haven't been able to get to a pool in several years. :( The local pool that my family always used gave us problems the last couple of times we were there.  My mom and I both got chemical burns from the chorine being too high in the water.

We have a hot tub in the backyard, but it's been broken for quite a while.  My dad has the part to fix it, but he got mad at our heating/air conditioning company because they kept telling us they would send someone out to look at putting the part in but no one ever came to do that. By the time the company finally called to set up an appointment my dad was mad at them and wouldn't let them come out to look at it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 02:35:59 PM »
it took me a while to come up with something because summer is my least favorite season. but i do love summer storms. this summer has been dry so far but i love a good afternoon thunderstorm. i even love the humidity and when the steam comes up from the road. it reminds me of when i was a kid and summer was fun. also countdown to fall :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 11:20:14 PM »
When it ends. I hate summer

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2022, 03:02:58 PM »
I'm no fan of summer and I have never made a secret of that. Legitimately almost posted "when it ends" or "when the days start getting shorter", but I'll come up with more than that:

1. Fashion. I love summer (and Spring) fashion. It's a great irony because I so much hate Spring and Summer. Like right now I'm wearing a dress with coral and seashells on it. You would never catch me at the beach, not out in the heat or sunshine, but I adore this dress. I also lovveeee floral patterns!

2. My skin. My skin gets so dry during the winter (which can be very ouchy! The skin on my hands get so dry, it cracks), and lotions don't cure it, only put a temporary patch on it. During the summer I don't have to worry about that.

3. Pride. I know some places do it at other times, but my city does it in the traditional time, June.

|My Collection|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2022, 08:48:08 AM »
Sleeping in. Not having to get up at 6:30 to schlep kids off to school.

Longer daylight in the evenings. (But I hate that it starts getting light out at 4:30am...I have a skylight right over my bed.)

Getting to wear flip-flops comfortably. I hate closed shoes; they hurt my feet because of my high instep, so I wear flip-flops year-round, at least in the house, but it's more comfortable in the summer.

Garage sales, flea markets, etc.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2022, 11:48:56 AM »
Local summer carnival and theme parks being open that is it.  :frolic: :happy:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal