collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 8683 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2022, 02:59:41 PM »
Koudoawaia - Have you seen the three Redwall animated series runs? Redwall, Mattimeo and Martin the Warrior. I've seen the first two but not the third as it was hugely expensive to get the DVDs back in the day but I think it's on Amazon now. I read most of the first Redwall due to the series, I remember wanting Marlfox because of the cover but couldn't afford it as a kid  :cry: I'm really impressed they got the voice actor of Matthias from the first series to voice his adult self in Mattimeo!

I'm reading a book I literally can't name here  :biggrin: It's about particular types of spies for the Third Reich, and I'm seeing names I've never heard before, which is very interesting. Makes everyone do a double-take in the break room!

I finished Breaking Free by Rachel Jeffs, and I've ordered Lost Boy by Brent Jeffs as I enjoyed the preview on Kindle and it will be very interesting to hear the experience of the opposite gender within the FLDS, even if part of the content will be very upsetting as it involves crimes against children.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2022, 06:11:36 AM »
I just finished Derek Jarman's diary, which has stuff in it about gardening and making films and also about being HIV positive. Next, I'm tempted to try and find an Ian McEwan I haven't read. I like a bit of horror in a heatwave, and he describes them best. Radio 4 reminded me about the passage in Atonement, but there's a lot of good heatwave grimness in The Cement Garden too.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2022, 06:05:22 AM »
Going back through the Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville. He's been editing the last two books, adding additional content and releasing revised additions (so essentially there are three more books in the series). Easy reads, great characters, realms of fun!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2022, 06:35:54 AM »
Just got Lost Boy by Brent Jeffs through the post, can't wait to dive in!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2022, 08:02:44 AM »
I'm near the end of Frankenstein and I have to say, I thought it'd be more gruesome as it's just... alarmingly relatable
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2022, 10:09:46 PM »
Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell. However, I know it's going to be a tough one and I'm not sure I'll get through it. There are apparently a lot of people from Europe and the UK going independently to fight for Ukraine, someone on the radio pointed out that this book covers a similar historic situation.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2022, 09:25:36 AM »
In my apparent goal to re read the entire Redwall series in chronological order, I am now reading The Bellmaker from that series.

Koudoawaia - Have you seen the three Redwall animated series runs? Redwall, Mattimeo and Martin the Warrior. I've seen the first two but not the third as it was hugely expensive to get the DVDs back in the day but I think it's on Amazon now.

Redwall was one of my favorite book series in middle school. I remember hearing when the author passed away. I haven't checked recently but I remember the shows were all uploaded on YouTube years ago. I don't remember if I watched Mattimeo, but I watched at least the other two that way. I think it was even the first thing I ever watched on YouTube. I do dream of getting the DVDs but I do remember them being very expensive even just a few years ago.

Post Merge: July 15, 2022, 09:27:24 AM

I've currently been reading Manga Classic adaptations of books. I went through Jane Eyre, Great Expectations, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and Pride and Prejudice this past week.

I don't remember if I read Tom Sawyer as the regular book before but I read the others and it was nice to refresh them in my mind. Plus they all look so good in manga form.  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 09:27:24 AM by StarryEmerald24 »

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2022, 09:50:06 AM »
Koudoawaia - Have you seen the three Redwall animated series runs? Redwall, Mattimeo and Martin the Warrior. I've seen the first two but not the third as it was hugely expensive to get the DVDs back in the day but I think it's on Amazon now. I read most of the first Redwall due to the series, I remember wanting Marlfox because of the cover but couldn't afford it as a kid  :cry: I'm really impressed they got the voice actor of Matthias from the first series to voice his adult self in Mattimeo!

I'm reading a book I literally can't name here  :biggrin: It's about particular types of spies for the Third Reich, and I'm seeing names I've never heard before, which is very interesting. Makes everyone do a double-take in the break room!

I finished Breaking Free by Rachel Jeffs, and I've ordered Lost Boy by Brent Jeffs as I enjoyed the preview on Kindle and it will be very interesting to hear the experience of the opposite gender within the FLDS, even if part of the content will be very upsetting as it involves crimes against children.

I have and they were pretty good but I honestly thought the art style in that series could've been better^^; At times animals did not look like the animals they were supposed to be.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2022, 09:53:48 AM »
Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell. However, I know it's going to be a tough one and I'm not sure I'll get through it. There are apparently a lot of people from Europe and the UK going independently to fight for Ukraine, someone on the radio pointed out that this book covers a similar historic situation.

i've been wanting to read that one for a while.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2022, 10:50:13 PM »

i've been wanting to read that one for a while.

I'll let you know how it goes!

I'm near the end of Frankenstein and I have to say, I thought it'd be more gruesome as it's just... alarmingly relatable

Ha ha, yes! Such a great book. I read Dracula again last year and it's such a great analogy for any controlling, narcissistic relationship.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2022, 04:51:57 AM »
I found my old James Harriot books. I loved them so much as a kid. I read a few pages of All Creatures Great and Small and the memories came flooding back :lol: I wonder if the TV show is available anywhere?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2022, 09:22:23 AM »
I found my old James Harriot books. I loved them so much as a kid. I read a few pages of All Creatures Great and Small and the memories came flooding back :lol: I wonder if the TV show is available anywhere?

Did you know there's a new tv adaptation? It's very good! 2 seasons have come out so far. Although I must admit I don't remember the original adaptation all that well to compare. I, too, used to love these books as a kid!

Currently reading book 2 of the Broken Earth trilogy by N.K. Jemisin. Love this author's writing and worldbuilding!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2022, 12:56:32 PM »
No I didn't know there was a new one! I bet it's not available here and I'm not subscribed to Brit Box or anything like that.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2022, 08:23:37 PM »
No I didn't know there was a new one! I bet it's not available here and I'm not subscribed to Brit Box or anything like that.

I know the first season at least is on DVD because the library I work at owns it.  Apparently it has aired on PBS so you could see if it's available on demand through your cable service.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal