collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 1,000th post Celebration and Giveaway! Winners announced!  (Read 2479 times)

WrittenEmber

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 1,000th post Celebration and Giveaway!
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 12:55:02 AM »
Awww lookit all the teenie tinies! My childhood herd consists of 3 and a Remco pony, technically the Posey and Remco belong to my sister but I'm the collector so I got to keep Posey. We got them second hand from cousins.

I like to comment on everyone's photos and show my appreciation so that helps the post count :lol: Usually i'm not terribly talkative around here. I remember when I wanted to join my first swap and having 300 posts was a requirement and I frantically went around welcoming every new member and commenting on every custom and brag post. :biggrin:

Oh, yes indeed! I love the little bitties. *hugs them!* I used to have three more, but...  :sad:

I'm not especially verbose (I don't think), either. My post count hasn't even reached 50 yet! So I still have the daily limit, but don't mind because I haven't felt it. *shrug*

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 07:14:10 AM »
I wish I could enter.  I've tried taking pictures and saving them to my computer but they don't work.  My Dad even tried to email them to me and they just don't load.  Congrats though and good luck to all who enter. :)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 08:36:11 AM »
congrats on your post count NinaMarie! I can see we have joined the Arena in just the same month - but you beat me, I still have more than a hundred to go :)

as the lights are quite bad now that it's past midnight, I decided to show you a picture back from summer. the picture was taken on the beach of Barcelona, where I've been on vacation.
meet Szepi (meaning "Freckles" in Hungarian), a childhood pony of mine. she was the only freckled pony I had as a child, so this feature seemed special enough to name her after her freckles. back then I had no clue about that ponies actually have names (I could read already, and also learned some English, but... dunno. didn't look at the packaging - or maybe Count-a-lot didn't really seem like a name XD ), so they were named by me. Szepi was a tomboyish little girl with a big mouth and a big heart, always ready for adventure and quests. she was the daughter of Pony Bride (whom, speaking of names, I simply called Bride Pony XD ), who was sort of a ruler in the world of my ponies, and thus, Szepi continuously had a high pressure on her, as her behaviour was not too appropriate for a ruler's daughter. still she always remained happy and positive, so such "small" things never seemed to bother her, because she usually turned out to be right, and was always able to sort out problems.
this is all I remember of her background :) she was one of my favourite ponies - if not the one. I do remember there were ponies I liked more, for instance, in colour, but together with her self made-up background story (I don't know what inspired me in making it up), Szepi was, and still is an especially dear one.
...and she is still ready for adventures, so she often comes with me if I go somewhere, just like she did when we visited Barcelona.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Shiromisa

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
That's such a sweet story, Loona! I like that.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »
Bibsy your photo no longer shows.

Aww Majesty you can tell me a story! I'll accept that too since you are having photo issues.

Loona: Loved your story! So much imagination! Reminds me of when my sister and i made our ponies and teenie beanie babies go on epic adventures. Freckles is a much cuter name than Counts-a-lot  :lol:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2013, 02:59:03 AM »
Aww hun <3

Congrats on the milestone :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2013, 03:00:59 AM »
Thanks! ^.^

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 02:08:07 AM »
Congrats on a thousand posts. :)

This picture is old as the hills, but it's of one of my (many) favorites.. Crumpet and her baby.

I won them in an Arena contest many years ago. They're back at my parents house, otherwise I'd get updated photos.
They were one of my first "expensive" ponies, so I tried to clean them up... I ended up accidentally leaving a printed page leaning against Baby Crumpet for a few minutes in my absentmindedness... Let's just say I panicked when words ended up on her face, but I got the ink off at least. :P

...and I'll post my childhood Shady's for the heck of it

I know a lot of people hate BBEs but, they're just so sweet when they lay down and "sleep".

So Softs are my favorite. :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:11:54 AM by HollowZero »

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 02:20:57 AM »
I keep forgetting to post my pics!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 04:12:48 AM »
There are so many awesome pics of people's childhood favourites, army ponies and customs :) This thread was a great idea, I love reading the stories behind them as well.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 04:53:09 AM »
Bibsy your photo no longer shows.

Aww Majesty you can tell me a story! I'll accept that too since you are having photo issues.

Loona: Loved your story! So much imagination! Reminds me of when my sister and i made our ponies and teenie beanie babies go on epic adventures. Freckles is a much cuter name than Counts-a-lot  :lol:

OK thanks very much.  I'll give it a shot.

Post Merge: December 09, 2013, 05:16:24 AM

Here's my entry:

OK I have a few favorite ponies:  For G1 one of my favorites is of course Majesty.  I chose her a long time ago to be my pony persona when I was a member of the message board pony finders.  After I learned of the Arena I just kept the name.  I didn't know until after a while she was technically Queen of the ponies.  I just picked her because I like blue and a lot of my favorite ponies are white ponies.  Also, the top reason is she's a Unicorn and I love Unicorns.  :)

I also like the G1 rainbow ponies and rainbow babies.

I am not into G2's but I do have a couple thanks to my kind pony pal, CuteyStorm.  When I bought ponies from him a long time ago he sent me a couple G2's because those are his favorite generation of ponies so he wanted to share his love of them with me.  Although I'm still not into them I can see why people like them.  ;)

My second favorite generation are the G3's.  I had stopped collecting ponies when I was around 13 or 14.  I gave away my 7 or 8 G1's to a childhood friend, thinking I was too old for them and I lost interest in them.  I regret that now, moreso because of losing the memories I had with them.  So, one day I was on the computer and I had the TV on and I heard "My Little Pony, My Little Pony" on TV and my head almost did a 360 to the TV.  It was the commercial for the Cotton Candy Cafe.  I watched the commercial and was glued to the screen.  I was so happy to see MLP back and I sort of wanted them but I was 18 I think at the time and thought I was way too old for ponies.  But, one day I went to a place that sells toys like Toys R Us or some place and saw almost a complete aisle filled with G3's.  I was in awe.  I decided to secretly buy a couple, I think they were Rainbow Dash and Sunny Daze that came with charms.  I was sort of a closet pony collector for a while.  I eventually opened up to my parent's about collecting MLP again, because I figured they would find out about it eventually.  Even though I've been collecting for a while still to this day my Mom disapproves.  I mean, she's used to it but still doesn't accept it.  My Dad seems to be OK with it.

So, since I only had a few ponies as a child I decided to make up for it by getting tons of G3's.  I had a couple of the playsets too---Celebration Castle and Twinkle Twirl's Dance Studio.  I also had all the movies.  Then, I had another phase of "I'm done with ponies" and gave away most of my G3's to a little girl next door and donated my plushes and some misc. G3 stuff to the salvation army.  Yet again I ended up regretting this and I found out that my G3's that I gabe to the little girl next door were never touched and some years down the road were given away to another little girl.  I am happy that someone is playing with them but I kind of wish they had asked me first if I wanted them back since I would definitely never see them again.  But, it was my fault because I waited too long to ask for them back.  I should have kept them in the first place in case I decided I wanted them again.

So, I have taken a vow never to give away my ponies again, in the off chance I want to collect again.

So, my favorite G3's are:  Autumn Skye (because fall is one of my favorite seasons), Rainbow Dash (because blue is my favorite color and I love rainbows), and Aurora Mist, (because again of the blue and the pretty blue stone on her hip).

Now, we have G4's.  I guess out of all the G4's my favorite is Rarity.  I'm not into fashion or anything but I just think her colors are really pretty and she's a unicorn.  I am not crazy about the dramatic shrinkage we've seen.  I mean, if you take a G1 and compare it in size to a G3, they have shrunk some but I feel it's still OK.  Now, compare a G3 with a G4 and there is a huge difference.  Also, the ponies seem to have gone up in price a little bit.  I watch F.I.M., because I do enjoy the show and I do have a few G4's, but I can't foresee myself going crazy.  So, yeah I'm a bit disappointed.  I also feel as though Hasbro has completely forgotten the collectors.  During the times of G3's, they made a point to do the fair pony for collectors and they did the art ponies and the ponies that were smaller versions of the charity ponies for collectors.  Now, it seems that pretty much from now on we have to share the same pony with comic con and the hair is molded.  It's like saying, here's a big block of wood--go ahead, have fun.

When I buy ponies from members here, I am after G3's at the moment to make up for the collection I wanted.  I never got all the ponies i wanted, because I figured I had lots of time.  When you buy ponies, you don't consider them ending the line (or generation).

So, long story short, here is my pony story--listing my favorites and why I consider them my favorite.  :)

I hope my entry is acceptable.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:16:24 AM by Majesty »

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 07:12:17 AM »
Sorry about my photo issues  :yikes:, it should be back now.  I'm still getting used to photobucket, but I think I have come up with a system for keeping all the photos organized so that won't happen again (fingers crossed).  I love hearing everyone's stories and glad that others gave ponies original names as children and it wasn't just me calling Baby Tiddleywinks Baby Bibsy on my own  :biggrin:

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »
Bibsy: Thanks! I love the party! And Bibsy is an adorable name for Tiddleywinks and it makes sense!

Hollow: I like the baby/momma pics especially the Crumpets' nose touching, so cute!

Majesty: "I hope my entry is acceptable" made me laugh, even if I didn't like your story I'd still enter you. I am with you on G3 being second fav generation because they got me back into collecting too. I never did buy too many in stores because I was a poor college student, but I LOVED visiting the pony aisle and seeing what new beautiful ponies they came up with next.

WrittenEmber

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
Congrats on a thousand posts. :)

This picture is old as the hills, but it's of one of my (many) favorites.. Crumpet and her baby.

I won them in an Arena contest many years ago. They're back at my parents house, otherwise I'd get updated photos.
They were one of my first "expensive" ponies, so I tried to clean them up... I ended up accidentally leaving a printed page leaning against Baby Crumpet for a few minutes in my absentmindedness... Let's just say I panicked when words ended up on her face, but I got the ink off at least. :P

...and I'll post my childhood Shady's for the heck of it

I know a lot of people hate BBEs but, they're just so sweet when they lay down and "sleep".

So Softs are my favorite. :)

These Mommy/Baby pictures are adorable! Awwww, I just want to hug them!

nollilols

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 05:21:39 PM »
Okay, I'm going to include two of my favourite ponies! They're both important to me for a similar reason.

First up is Italian Gusty:

Gusty (in general) is my favourite pony - as a child, she was my favourite character in the cartoon, possibly because she was always quite tough, and I really wasn't. I never had many pony toys as a child because they weren't available widely where I'm from - you certainly never saw any cartoon ponies. So, when I grew up and discovered EBAY, and when I decided to get my own, regular US Gusty was the first one I purchased. I was still living at my parents house at the time, and I still remember the morning she arrived - I was in bed when mum came up with a package for me. I tore it up to rescue Gusty from inside it. I think I sat there for about 15 minutes just turning her over in my hands, utterly in awe of this little plastic toy. I've since sold that particular Gusty on, and currently the above Italy Gusty is in my collection. Of all the colour variations I've seen, Italy Gusty is my absolute favourite.

Honorable mention to Rollerskates Melody:

I bought this girl for the exact same reason as Gusty - MLP Tales was the one that actually aired when I was a tot, and I was OBSESSED. And, Melody was my favourite. As a child, I saw this Melody in an advert on tv, and what I would not have given to have her. Naturally, I styled her mane in the way seen in the advert I pined over for so many years! (A French version of the ad used to be on Youtube, now there's only a shorter one where you can't see the plait :( )

So that's it. The two pony toys that were my favourites from the cartoons, which I spent about 15 years wanting before I finally had the pleasure of getting them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:28:29 PM by nollilols »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal