collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony with Cancer- Can I custom it?  (Read 329 times)

~Kitti~

• Trade Count: (0)
Pony with Cancer- Can I custom it?
« on: July 01, 2013, 05:47:20 AM »
My mum thought it was a good idea to shove all my ponies into the attic after I moved out (even though I told her I wanted them in the basement, where it stays the same temp almost year-round, and is dry).
Surprisingly enough, they're not as damaged as I thought they would be. SS Cherries Jubilee is getting deflocked as I type, because she grew mold on her face, it didn't go through the flocking, but it's still nasty. :X She may become a custom, my sister liked her enough to give her a haircut for me.
So far, the only pony that has cancer is poor Sprinkles, and she has it bad.  :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Can I paint over it to make a new custom, or will the cancer still show through after a while?

I would like to do something with her, but, THE CANCER. I don't want to turn her into a pretty custom to just be eaten up by brown spots through her paint.

To be fair, she's a factory second that should never have been sold. I remember how disappointed I was with her dent (visible in the picture, in front of her wing), and that one of her ducks is missing. My mum tried to exchange her, but they said no, because I'd opened the box. I threw fits. Anyway, my point is that she was never in collectible condition.

My other option is to just give her to my 3 year old as a toy.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Pony with Cancer- Can I custom it?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 06:45:20 AM »
You can paint over the cancer, you might give her a good boil to kill anything left on/in her from storage.  The cancer is within the plastic, but shouldn't affect the paint on top.  That being said, I wouldn't recommend white or a lighter color as it "might" show through the paint.  Anything dark should be fine.

~Kitti~

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pony with Cancer- Can I custom it?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:05:29 AM »
Thanks Colorscapesart! That does make me feel a little better about using her for a custom. I was going to boil her anyway, to reduce the chance that it could spread further.
I read whatever I could find about cancer, but there's not a whole lot of real info, mostly just theories. Hopefully I can make something nice out of her, because she really looks dreadful.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal