collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taming FS Shining Armour's mohawk?  (Read 799 times)

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
Taming FS Shining Armour's mohawk?
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »
I picked up the FS wedding set today and, while I find it adorable (I'm a sucker for people/ponies in love), Shining Armour's mohawk kind of bothers me.  Has anyone had any luck styling/taming it?  If so, post pictures! :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:55:53 PM by Kaeldre »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Taming FS Shining Armour's mohawk?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:49:57 PM »
And how you did it please.  :)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
I tried wetting it and wrapping paper towels around his head and letting him sit over night.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  I think I'm going to try it again but this time put some of my hair gel in his hair before wrapping it.  I'll also try letting him stay wrapped up longer.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 06:11:25 PM »
Try running hot water over his head, washing the mane to the side you want it on. That should set the hair in the position you leave it in.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 07:26:44 PM »
If all else fails I can just rehair him.  Butyes, do let me know how that goes for you, Sunset!

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline agnusdei

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • little lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »
I posted some photos and a bit of info on how I tamed my FS Shining Armor's hair in this thread, near the end.   :)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »
I posted some photos and a bit of info on how I tamed my FS Shining Armor's hair in this thread, near the end.   :)

wow! thanks for sharing that!!  you did a good job!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:59:24 AM »
I think the issue could be the density of the hair - I believe its a little thicker and wider in diameter than other ponies in order to ensure it stays upright. Perhaps people over in Customs will have some hair tips.

You are going to giggle at my recommendation but honestly it works really well for fixing "wild hair" so perhaps it will help for this too - its a pretty common trick in the doll world. You want the smallest size possible nylon stocking/knee high - wash, condition and brush style the hair as you want - then place the nylon over the head of the pony holding the hair in position [sometimes I cut space for the ears by putting bits of tape on the nylon and nipping a whole in the middle - this lets the ears through but ensures the nylon stays tight]. Tie a firm knot in the stocking at the point where it becomes loose - i.e. where it is no longer stretching over the pony head. Then use a long stretch of ribbon [elastic bands can leave crinkles in the hair] and wrap it repeatedly around the hair and stocking in order to leave it firmly but gently in position. You need to leave this in place for several days - for particularly crazy hair sometimes I dampen the stocking a couple of times and allow to dry and then dampen again. For this particular hair density you may need to th hold the hair in place with product as well when this is all done :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 03:10:42 PM »
Oooh, great suggestions guys!  I'm going to give the rubber band method a try first, methinks.  What size rubber bands would work best?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal