collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tales \"Teddy\"  (Read 1667 times)

angela22

• Trade Count: (0)
Tales \"Teddy\"
« on: February 04, 2012, 04:18:49 PM »
Hey guys -

Just wondering, why did they never make a "Teddy" pony from the MLP Tales? I wish I could have had him! Any of you have any inside scoop as to why that was? Any of you a fan of Teddy?  :cool:

Post Merge: February 04, 2012, 04:20:28 PM

And..... what about "Ace", for that matter?!  :mad:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:20:28 PM by angela22 »

cody_sunday

Re: Tales \"Teddy\"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »
when i was little i always thought that the MM Cuddles i had was Teddy from MLP Tales, even though the markings are different, that never registered with my 5 year old brain haha :)
i still think the one i have looks like a boy tbh!
xx

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 05:43:40 PM »
I don't know if there was a specific reason.  Lancer was my absolute favourite pony as a kid and I specifically had my mum write to Hasbro to ask them if the three Tales boys existed as figurines but we never got a response.  For years, I hoped I'd find him at a car boot sale - I'd read on internet pages that he and the other boys didn't exist but refused to believe it.  Many tears were shed over the lack of those boys when I was a little girl!

The whole Tales thing was rather strange really.  Hasbro had obviously decided to end the pony line, MLP production for the states had already been cancelled before the show even aired.  So why the heck did they spend all that money making the TV series in the first place?  That show had so much potential for further seasons and accompanying toys (I'd have loved to see a Schoolbus or Ice Cream Shop playset, for instance, let alone all the additional characters in the show!)  The only specific Tales toys they made were the seven main female characters and those were never available in the US and Canada.  Eventually the MLP comic here in the UK went over to using Tales characters, but they were all wrongly coloured as if even the illustrators were not given pictures of the characters to work from!

Hasbro missed a great opportunity in my opinion. :(  It's like they'd just decided "it's time to throw the MLP line away and focus on Nintendo and video gaming!" and were determined to prove MLP was a flop.  Of course, I realise that's not the case, but it certainly looked that way! >.<

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »
Teddy is one of my favorite characters from that show. There have been times I have thought about making a custom of him....likely in TAF Scoops pose.

I agree with Lancer that the whole show has an odd story about it. It was obviously made in the US and aired here when the toy line disappeared, yet the toys were released overseas. I wish it had gone on longer with more episodes because I just loved all the characters and the slice of life storylines.

My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 01:18:58 AM »
It's a shame Hasbro  didn't make them! :(
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

angela22

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:36:10 AM »
Awww... yeah! Lancer!!! I'd forgotten about him!!  :cry:

Oh I wish they would have made those boys, I think I feel a custom order coming on..... :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal