collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your collecting story?  (Read 10228 times)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: What is your collecting story?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 01:19:45 AM »
Being born in 83 I had G1s growing up, both shop bought and second hand ones. I had Confetti, Trickles, Sweet Clover, Baby Blossom, Bowtie and Mommy Apple Delight to name a few.

Whereas with time most other toys got disgarded as I got older I hung on to the ponies, and would pick up more at flea markets etc if I found them. When G3 was released it sort of reignited my interest for ponies and I bought a fair few of them. And I've been slowly adding to my G1 and G3 collection ever since really.

I recently joined here and had the intention to continue collecting strictly G1 & G3, but I now own some G4s and a MIB set of G3.5, so I'm on the lookout for a couple of G2s in order to have a little bit of each gen.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »
Friendship is Magic and this board got me into collecting ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »
I grew up with G1, even though I was born in '92. I watched all the MLP episodes and was completely obsessed over ponies since I was two. I've been into ponies all my life (unless you count being 11 and "too cool" for toys/cartoons, except that didn't last long... at 12 I got back into everything!).

I never had pony toys growing up, though (seeing as G1s were discontinued). When I got my first job in an office at age 14 and also began babysitting earlier that year, I used my babysitting money to buy pony toys and that was when I officially started collecting. Five and a half years later, I have about 200 ponies from all generations included.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot to mention... as a child, I loved to collect beanie babies (mostly cats, dragons, and horses), Pokemon cards, and Lisa Frank stickers and binders. :) I am patching up my Pokemon card collection, but just only the first four generations of cards, nothing afterwards. As for beanie babies, I have all my original childhood ones, and I never gave any of them away... I still have my Lisa Frank things, too (I only really liked her animals, not the weird kinds of people that came in the 2000s, lol).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:25:43 AM by StarDragon »

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 10:30:58 AM »
I had a few ponies as a child in the 80s/early 90s and 3 years ago a good friend of mine gave me a Toola-Roola as a Christmas present because I always wore rainbow hair. And then I bought a Sweetie Belle and started to search for ponies online. Bought my first ponies on ebay. After a while I started to collect G1 newborns next to the G3s and then it got out of hand. 3 years later I have like 700 ponies  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lightninglover

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »
I was a child of the 80s & got my first MLP for my 3rd birthday (NSS Buttons or Shady, not sure which)... my collection spiralled from there & I had about 50 ponies by the time I was 11. MLP were then discontinued and although I kept my childhood ponies, I didn't start collecting again until 2001. I saw an article in a magazine by a UK collector & I had the urge to dig all mine out again! I discovered eBay & the MLP online community and the rest is history :D I now have 700+ across all generations, although my buying has slowed down consideably!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 04:58:38 PM »
As a child in the late 80's, early 90's, I loved to watch reruns of My little pony on tv. I vaguely remember owning some ponies, too. I remember Star glow and a fancy mermaid pony, not sure which one, but I have an inkling that it was Baby sea Princess. Growing up, and moving alot, I lost the toys, the tv stopped running the cartoon and I basically forgot about them. Then a year ago, I started looking for more info on Rainbow Brite. I never had the toys as a kid, I was born too late, but I distinctly remember watching the cartoon and being utterly obsessed with it as a kid. I ran into some MLP on youtube and watched a few clips, and suddenly memories of Rescue at Midnight castle came rushing back. I just kept this in the back of my mind til this July, when I started to get curious about the FiM hype. I fell in love with FiM and for beans and giggles decided to look up G!. I found the TP, and after about an hour of scrolling through I had made a decision: I was going to collect ponies. A little while later I found this place, and I joined. Now I spend most of my time here! It's more active and larger and everyone is so amazing. I quickly learned about the differences between gens, and fakies and so on. I still have alot to learn, believe you me, but I am loving it. My collection is still rather small. My mom (yes, still live with the 'rents) would have a freak out if I was an uber collector. She has this thing about me not 'wasting' my money, which I can understand. I have a bit of a spending problem, hehe.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal